Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 16:45   #16
BHPian

congrats bro,excellent choice!!!!!
bro,if posiible upgrade to a wider tyre and good alloys and please when refilling ALLWAYS use SYSTEM D.it work wonders.
happy truckin!!!!!
Old 15th November 2007, 16:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Thanks Harjeev, which horns did you put? I don know if i can spend on tyres because I find these good enough, what about alloys any suggestions? Which Xenons did you put and what did they cost you?

I haven't installed either the horns or the xenons till now but plan to do it next week.

I plan to get leather seats tailor made for my beast. Will be buying the leather myself and get it tailored from a guy in Delhi. Total estimate 20K (real napa leather along with the side trims etc)

I traded the stock tyres in lieu of 255/ 65/ R16 Khumo and installed alloys that come with the VX version. Paid 21K for the entire thing.
Alloys have a very wide range I think that these are made by Aura.

Further sensors are on my list and will get RD make (they come with a 1year warranty) estimate 3.5-4K

Last edited by harjeev : 15th November 2007 at 16:56.
Old 15th November 2007, 17:00   #18
BHPian

gud choice bro, and gud fe as well,
enjoyy the beast
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 16th November 2007, 11:05   #19
BHPian

System D for next refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
gud choice bro, and gud fe as well,
enjoyy the beast
Wadhwa Ajay
Yes, the engine is surely showing signs of settling down with 600kms already under its belt, you can feel the difference in the drive and the refinement in the pull of the vehicle. However I still feel that the 1st and the 2nd gear are a little closer together but I guess it is truly meant for city driving where you are using maximum of clutch and take a hit on FE there.

I am going to use the System D additive in the next refill and check out the difference with FE and power as suggested by "zucchero".
Old 16th November 2007, 11:46   #20
BHPian

Hey JUDA congrats buddy,

as harjeev suggested, please put new shoes to your HULK, I am not sure what brand of tyres are put on your HULK. Its suggested by many Sr. BHPians that +1 upsizeing i.e. from 235/70 R16 to 255/65 R16 along with alloys would give you better control on your HULK.

Put some PICS yar.

Happy & Safe Driving
Old 16th November 2007, 11:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
Hey JUDA congrats buddy,

as harjeev suggested, please put new shoes to your HULK, I am not sure what brand of tyres are put on your HULK. Its suggested by many Sr. BHPians that +1 upsizeing i.e. from 235/70 R16 to 255/65 R16 along with alloys would give you better control on your HULK.

Put some PICS yar.

Happy & Safe Driving
Thanks Reachmash, yes would like to go in for shoes upgrade but not at present, may go in for alloys on the current rubber i think its dueler tyres right now which are pretty comfortable. However I see what the seniors are trying to say, it would surely add to the stability at high speeds and control a bit of body roll.

Would surely post some pics soon, this weekend...
Old 16th November 2007, 12:54   #22
BHPian

hi juda,
I still can't believe how you drove your brand new safari on laxmi road where i find it difficult to drive a maruti800 on that road how was your expierience with safari in heavy traffic?
Old 16th November 2007, 13:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
hi juda,
I still can't believe how you drove your brand new safari on laxmi road where i find it difficult to drive a maruti800 on that road how was your experience with safari in heavy traffic?
Hey Team_suzuki, welcome to "Team-Bhp". Yes, as the post states that "many of you wont believe it" but its true. Please read my precious posts in this thread stating why it was easy.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Hey Team_suzuki, welcome to "Team-Bhp". Yes, as the post states that "many of you wont believe it" but its true. Please read my precious posts in this thread stating why it was easy.
Juda sir -- please stop calling it a beast -- if u could take it to Laxmi Road and tame the others -- i would definitely call it a GENTLE GIANT
Old 16th November 2007, 18:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the safari pack

Juda,

Congratulations on your new SUV.

I too have a Arctic Silver 2.2 VTT. Delivered on 7th nov. Done 600kms to date. Mostly city driving.

Stock car, with Llumar SunFilm ( FOC from dealer ), Stanley Leather seats.

Plan to take to the highways this weekend.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 17th November 2007, 09:02   #26
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all you New Beastie Boys!

Am happy you guys are also enjoying the Silver Fox!

t

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Juda,

Congratulations on your new SUV.

I too have a Arctic Silver 2.2 VTT. Delivered on 7th nov. Done 600kms to date. Mostly city driving.

Stock car, with Llumar SunFilm ( FOC from dealer ), Stanley Leather seats.

Plan to take to the highways this weekend.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 17th November 2007, 12:32   #27
BHPian

where are the pics juda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 19th November 2007, 11:21   #28
BHPian

Thank you everybody for your best wishes. Well, the HULK has got its sunglasses fitted now, on to the shoes and new interiors, so as soon as those are done shall post the pics.

Okay I have a question for all the Dicor 2.2VTT and other safari owners what is the right tyre pressure you'll are using the Company mentions for unladen 30psi Front and 35psi rear. I haven't filled this much yet fearing the HULK would be bouncing around the place with such tight air pressure. I had put 30psi both front and rear the Hulk used to be a little sluggish then I recently put 30psi front and 32 psi rear and still there is a little jump with the fuel topped up (65litres). Gurus I need help cause this inconsistency in ride performance due to tyre pressure changes is really upsetting me. Advise needed please oblige...
Old 19th November 2007, 11:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Juda !! But we all need to see the Pics.

As far as the leather Seats go, the best option would be as Harjeev said - Get Leather yourself and get them done by a Private Seat Installer / Stitcher - Will cost you around 15 - 18K and would be much better than the Branded one's - as they are really expensive and not entirely Leather.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

as re. teh seats, one fellow member- xbox360- has got crushed look art leather seats on his safari last week here in hyd. these are really brilliant and look real classy and upmarket. They cost him 5.5k- u may wanna check this out.

from personal experience i can tell u that in Indian climes, art leather works better than real leather- my optra had leather seats and in Delhi heat, they were a real pain! no issues with art leather in any of my cars though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks