Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 17:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Overall experience:
Decided not to buy it - till they can offer and automatic transmission as clutch pedal is still hard.

THis is the repy i got when i inquired about the automatic transmission if any being offered !!
It s high time there aint not a single indian muv/suv offering automatic !!!
Can anyone put light to it ??
A m-hawk with automatic transmission should surely sell becoz this engine is targeted to the auto enthusiast for regluar chauffer commuting anyone will prefer to save a copule of lacs and go for the 2.6 crde unit !!![/quote]

2.6 CRDe are to be stopped soon and replaced by 2.2 even for base versions. Thread exists regarding this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Had a test drive of the mhawk, power feels good, responsive engine, 4th gear in 1200 rpm, and still no knock, but had to down shift at 1000rpm. brakes are ok. interiors were a big let down.
How was the ride/handling.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

The m-Hawk is a learning experience for Mahindra who want to take the scorp to the US/European markets... hence the cruise control, ABS and other mods on the m-hawk...
Old 19th March 2008, 19:16   #78

hey what about the engine performance as compared with its predecessor?
Old 26th March 2008, 16:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

Any Idea if Mahindra is going to come out with 2.2 engine on the base models, TD on both 2.6 & 2.3 has proved 2.2. to be much better as far as pickup & performance are concerned, but the current 2.2 is going over my budget.

If M & M are planning for a cheaper 2.2. versions without the frills I am willing to wait for some time.
Old 27th March 2008, 13:52   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

The ABS system in Scorpio VLX is 3 channel system without EBD,whereas Safari comes with 4channel ABS with EBD.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

are u sure that the safari comes with EBD???
i have never read anywhere that EBD is offered in safari.
also, for me the price hike of the mHAWK seems ok as i test drove it and found the engine to be much more superior than the safari 2.2 in terms of refinement and driveability. also, i have heard its fuel efficient.
also, nobody we should not complain that mahindra dint offer climate control because none of its competitors do. even the costlier innova does not have it. yes, i really wish they provided airbags and electric RVMs, but think of it guys, humans are selfish. we will keep demanding more and more and if mahindra prices the scorpio at 20 lakhs with all the mentioned features, who is gonna buy it? they have to keep the costs down, right?
Old 31st March 2008, 19:58   #82
BHPian

hey guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
also, nobody we should not complain that mahindra dint offer climate control because none of its competitors do. even the costlier innova does not have it. yes, i really wish they provided airbags and electric RVMs, but think of it guys, humans are selfish. we will keep demanding more and more and if mahindra prices the scorpio at 20 lakhs with all the mentioned features, who is gonna buy it? they have to keep the costs down, right?
raj,

with all due respect, i beg to differ.

to keep costs under control, airbags and electric rvms are necessities as opposed to rain sensing wipers and cruise control which is pure gimmicry.

yes a price hike for new technology in the engine is justifiable, but what we have here is a company trying to justify an unjustifiable rise in price, by offering flashy bits of kit which are not essential, but will appeal to some people with more spare cash, than what they know what to do with.

if the consumer were to sit up and lambast car makers, enough to have atleast airbags and abs standardised - i can guarantee that in the long run, costs would remain the same. we just lack the will to do so and in the process fall prey to gimmics such as these. it's all about the bottom line and these guys have substantial bottoms!!!

the tatas and the mahindras are both to blame equally in this regard.

i do not intend disrespect or offence. just voicing an opinion.

p.s. the costlier innova is miles superior in build quality to both the tata safari and the mahindra scorpio... and at 20 lakhs even a monkey wouldn't buy the scorpio!!!
Old 31st March 2008, 21:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
are u sure that the safari comes with EBD???
i have never read anywhere that EBD is offered in safari.
also, for me the price hike of the mHAWK seems ok as i test drove it and found the engine to be much more superior than the safari 2.2 in terms of refinement and driveability. also, i have heard its fuel efficient.
TATA Motors - Safari DICOR It has it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
raj,

with all due respect, i beg to differ.

to keep costs under control, airbags and electric rvms are necessities as opposed to rain sensing wipers and cruise control which is pure gimmicry.

yes a price hike for new technology in the engine is justifiable, but what we have here is a company trying to justify an unjustifiable rise in price, by offering flashy bits of kit which are not essential, but will appeal to some people with more spare cash, than what they know what to do with.

p.s. the costlier innova is miles superior in build quality to both the tata safari and the mahindra scorpio... and at 20 lakhs even a monkey wouldn't buy the scorpio!!!
well said.

OT, whats with 20 and you
Old 31st March 2008, 22:24   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bIte tHe bulLet : the tatas and the mahindras are both to blame equally in this regard.
And what did the rest of the motley crowd of car manufacturers do to help this situation ? Zilch.

Maurti - India's biggest car manufacturer. Hyundai - dont they have big enough numbers ? Even if one of these had taken the lead, and offered air-bags & ABS as standard equipment, others would have followed suit and Indian car industry would have witnessed a landmark change.

GM, Toyota, Honda - why couldn't they do it ? Dont they pride themselves about quality products ?

It was finally Tata who has said that they will make some of these 'luxuries', standard equipment on their models. At least there's a start.
Old 1st April 2008, 14:16   #85
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And what did the rest of the motley crowd of car manufacturers do to help this situation ? Zilch.

Maurti - India's biggest car manufacturer. Hyundai - dont they have big enough numbers ? Even if one of these had taken the lead, and offered air-bags & ABS as standard equipment, others would have followed suit and Indian car industry would have witnessed a landmark change.

GM, Toyota, Honda - why couldn't they do it ? Dont they pride themselves about quality products ?

It was finally Tata who has said that they will make some of these 'luxuries', standard equipment on their models. At least there's a start.
Well said

it is TATA who has introduced many safety futures in hatches in INDIA which are not present even in high end cars.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:56   #86
BHPian

I just booked my Scorpio M Hawk 2.2 VLX in Sirish Motors today . Delivery scheduled for next week . Will post a detailed review of what i feel about Scorpio , M Hawk & my test drive experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks