Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 12:07   #1
BHPian

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)

"Watch this space"
I'm starting with that caveat as there isn't much to the ownership to review :-) as yet. The car is but a week old and has 156 kms on the odometer- almost a splurge, an indulgence in distance driven?

I'd been planning to buy my parents a Swift diesel but dropped the idea when I learned of the waiting period. That really was my budget sweet spot as well, but I was forced to look at other options...so I went and kicked the tyres of the Logan Diesel, and nearly put my money down for the top of the line ver at 7.75 lakhs, on road, Bangalore. Seemed a decent drive, an honest machine, and with Renault genes- held a lot of promise.

Fact is my dad's first car (around 50 years ago) was a Renault, so the sentiment too was in favour. The Skoda just WAS NOT in my consideration set as I thought she'd be way out of budget. But the Skoda showroom is 2 roads away frm my office, and I just couldn't resist the temptation of wandering by for a dekko.

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised. I def cld not afford the top of the line Fabia with sunroof and projector lights and park sensors and heaps of gizmos at 9.13 lakhs on road, but I certainl cld the base ver. Thrilled. Skoda is a renowned brand. The Octi etc have done well for themselves and the Co. She is the only car to come with double galvanized body...and at 7.57 I got dual air bags, power steering/windows, a cd sys all in all a decent deal, I thought.

The folks were blown away, so that's a good thing. She starts and runs smoothly, and though the diesel powerplant makes it clear it's nothing but oil burner- except when she's loaded, the cabin carries superior NVH refinement and one never strains to hear the music trickling out from the CD player or radio (with the folks on board, Ozzy Osbourne and Led Zepp are ditched for the esoteric, low key Chopin or John Williams :-)).

Spare prices is an issue, but fingers crossed.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Please upload Pics.
Have been eagerly awaiting ownership reviews of the Fabia.

and most importantly congrats on your new fabia
Old 29th February 2008, 12:38   #3
BHPian

Sure sir, soon as I have some. She's metallic blue that the Company oddly calls 'grey'. Since I was in a tearing hurry, I had to take what was available, and this was it. Normal wait period is 8-12 weeks, but I was lucky to find a defaulter for my cash. Otherwise available in white, silver and red.

Last edited by GTO : 29th February 2008 at 19:06. Reason: Corrected your language. Please type in FULL english. No SMS / Shortforms.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised. I def cld not afford the top of the line Fabia with sunroof and projector lights and park sensors and heaps of gizmos at 9.13 lakhs on road, but I certainl cld the base ver.
WOW ! thats damn expensive , didn't know 'twas that much.
Skoda really should have given a better engine , thats a let down.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:57   #5
BHPian

Yeah. 9.13 is way over the top. Even if you put in gold plated ashtrays, she can't pretend she's not a Palio-genre hatch with a 1.4 engine- to add insult to injury, a 3-pot engine :-)
Base one that I got is heaps better value at 7.57
Old 29th February 2008, 13:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

ultimately you purchased something that you and your family felt happy with. its that sentiment that matters finally and a quiet drive too would soothen your nerves in bangalore. congrats netchef and you seem to be the first real owner of skoda fabia in the forum. please do post us some high res photos.

also please give us FE reports and other things you liked with the car. my personal request is : dont meddle with the car to install anything else. just enjoy the car as is. alloys and bigger wheels maybe one consideration but dont modify anything else. its not worth tampering with original equipment unless you have the need to. for the past 11k kms in my swift i havent changed anything else in the car and the car runs like a gem.

congrats once more!
Old 29th February 2008, 13:43   #7
BHPian

Thanks sir. My parents don't need mods esp performance-related ones like alloy wheels and fat tyres, but I did feel the need for a set of rear speakers mounted in the parcel tray as the co. only shipped her with four in the front: two facing the windshield, and two in the front doors.
I have yet to test the sound from the back seats, but it's more than adequate in current shape- at the front. Still, conceptually at least, seems incomplete with none front-facing.

It might just be the default thing that we change nothing on her :-)
Old 29th February 2008, 14:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Finally we can get a first hand report of what all the hoo haa is about for the Fabia.

Do give us a detailed report about the driveablity highway / city / in traffic and what issues you are facing..

Nice color choice.
Old 29th February 2008, 14:46   #9
BHPian

Sure IronWolf. Coming up. Just let me/us get some miles on the clock first.
Thanks.
Old 29th February 2008, 15:58   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on the BUY. I saw a White Fabia while I was stuck in the Gurgaon - Delhi TOLL day before. Looked good and the guys sitting inside definitely enjoyed all the attention
Old 29th February 2008, 16:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

First Fabia @ TBHP

Congrats. We need some decent pix to start with.

Who would be using the car?
Old 29th February 2008, 18:05   #12
BHPian

Congrats.
Please post some pictures and details about your driving experience.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Finally a Bhpian with the Fabia Diesel .
Was waiting for someone to show up
Bring up more reports and some pics would do good.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:10   #14
BHPian

Yes Finally a Tbhpian.Waiting for the reviews and pictures.
Congrats for your new Fabia.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:36   #15
BANNED

Congrats on the car. Nice to know that you are happy with the purchase.
Would like to know how the purchasing experience was. Like staff behavior, transactions and overall experience from a customer point of view.

That 8-12 weeks waiting period seems to be shot off the mouth with some far off target.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks