Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 14:35   #151
Senior - BHPian

10,566 views for this post ! Proves how well written are the articles of netchef ! Cheers!
Old 18th April 2008, 16:53   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
10,566 views for this post ! Proves how well written are the articles of netchef ! Cheers!
karanraheja: thank-you. It's rewarding to have one's writing enjoyed. The appreciation keeps a writer going, take it from me I'm a copywriter in advertising.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:17   #153
Senior - BHPian

P.S. You should update your profile now, the cars owned field mentions "None"!!
Old 18th April 2008, 19:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this one? You write well. Very well. And your car looks good too, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Ozzy Osbourne's Paranoid- OST for my drive?
Naah. Would not want you to 'finish with your woman (car)'.
Old 19th April 2008, 16:42   #155
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Fabia reversing. It had just one puny reverse light! It gets the job done?
Old 19th April 2008, 21:21   #156
BHPian

I don't think most cars' reverse lights make any difference, u need headlights at the back for that, and besides, nowadays, the SX4 and City come with just one reverse light...
Old 20th April 2008, 00:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
I don't think most cars' reverse lights make any difference, u need headlights at the back for that, and besides, nowadays, the SX4 and City come with just one reverse light...
For the price you pay, its tiny
Old 21st April 2008, 12:01   #158
BHPian

Things symmetrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. You should update your profile now, the cars owned field mentions "None"!!
Done, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
How did I miss this one? You write well. Very well. And your car looks good too, by the way.

Naah. Would not want you to 'finish with your woman (car)'.
Thanks. Gotta look for another signature tune, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw a Fabia reversing. It had just one puny reverse light! It gets the job done?
It surprised me and, like many Fabia owners, had me worried enough that the other had failed that I called the dealer..."Yes, Sir, there's only one AND it's the most common call we receive".

I'd have preferred two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
That's comforting, though not a welcome trend. Reversing is hazardous enough- why enhance the probability of a backward prang when another bulb costs 50 bucks ..or even Rs100?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
For the price you pay, its tiny
Very true, Sir.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:47   #159
BHPian

this car is just fantastic , had been to mysore yesterday and i must say the midrange in this car is top notch, not only this but everything handling, braking its just brilliant, it puts a smile on the drivers face ......the car was driven flat out and it returned 18kmpl i really love this car.....you will forget about the engine noise once you drive this car .......if skoda can reduce the price then this car is WINNER
Old 21st April 2008, 12:55   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
this car is just fantastic , had been to mysore yesterday and i must say the midrange in this car is top notch, not only this but everything handling, braking its just brilliant, it puts a smile on the drivers face ......the car was driven flat out and it returned 18kmpl i really love this car.....you will forget about the engine noise once you drive this car .......if skoda can reduce the price then this car is WINNER
Hey Chetan, you went FLAT OUT?? Wow, that must have been some experience. I'm still treating her with kid gloves as she's yet to be run in.
What speeds did you hit? Was she stable? How many passengers?
18kmpl is of a high order, I agree...she would stir up a hornet's nest in the market if they managed to drop prices
Old 21st April 2008, 17:21   #161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i saw an ad in TOI bangalore a couple of days ago that the Skoda Fabia was being sold at a special price of Rs 5.78 lacs.Would anyone know which version would that one be, because I missed the fine print.
Yes, if Skoda were to drop their prices for the Fabia Diesel, it is a natural winner - most people would buy it over the Swift DDIS or even Getz CRDi - Fabia's build quality, solidity and internal comfort is phenomenal as with all Skoda's. In fact I first drove a friend's 1.9 TDI Octavia in 2002 around when it first came out and it was absolutely fantastic.18kmpl on the Madras-Palamaner-Kolar-Bangalore highway with such phenomenal power! We hit 180 kmph on one short stretch and it was exhilarating. It did take a little time for the general public to wake up to the great advantages of owning a Skoda though, for some reason!
Quote:
Hey Chetan, you went FLAT OUT?? Wow, that must have been some experience. I'm still treating her with kid gloves as she's yet to be run in.
18kmpl is of a high order, I agree...she would stir up a hornet's nest in the market if they managed to drop prices
Old 21st April 2008, 17:25   #162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sad but true. remember when the first ford ikons also used to come with only one reverse light?
at that time Autocar and Overdrive etc said that ford was economizing!
i personally feel it is better to have one reverse lamp on either side - with things like sunfilm and tinted windows and badly lit, crowded streets, it is quite hazardous while reversing!

Quote:
Done, Sir.

Thanks. Gotta look for another signature tune, eh?

It surprised me and, like many Fabia owners, had me worried enough that the other had failed that I called the dealer..."Yes, Sir, there's only one AND it's the most common call we receive".

I'd have preferred two.

That's comforting, though not a welcome trend. Reversing is hazardous enough- why enhance the probability of a backward prang when another bulb costs 50 bucks ..or even Rs100?

Very true, Sir.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:27   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
i saw an ad in TOI bangalore a couple of days ago that the Skoda Fabia was being sold at a special price of Rs 5.78 lacs.Would anyone know which version would that one be, because I missed the fine print.
Yes, if Skoda were to drop their prices for the Fabia Diesel, it is a natural winner - most people would buy it over the Swift DDIS or even Getz CRDi - Fabia's build quality, solidity and internal comfort is phenomenal as with all Skoda's. In fact I first drove a friend's 1.9 TDI Octavia in 2002 around when it first came out and it was absolutely fantastic.18kmpl on the Madras-Palamaner-Kolar-Bangalore highway with such phenomenal power! We hit 180 kmph on one short stretch and it was exhilarating. It did take a little time for the general public to wake up to the great advantages of owning a Skoda though, for some reason!
shankar.balan: Sir, I'd heard the 1.2 was due for release, so I surmise tis that being advertised. I saw the ad as well and you didn't miss the fine print- there wasn't any!! It is unlikely they could bring the diesel down to such a price point, but you never know. Competition can make miracles happen.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:31   #164
BHPian

Quote:

actually my cousin was driving it , i am suffering broken hand so couldn't drive ......he managed around 160kph, she is absolutely stable very little body roll handling is also very good i will confirm this when i get to drive it .......we were four of us......there is zero engine knock when the ac is on , the drive was super fun cant wait to do it again............hey netchef i suggest you rip it now and then its good for the engine dont worry about the FE... please refer to the how to run-in your car thread ......

ps : i have driven the swift d and i think in terms of handling the fabia is better no offense to the swift d its a scorcher of a car
Old 21st April 2008, 21:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw the same ad in the Bangalore Times section of the paper on 12th April. (page 32). You can see it on the epaper.indiatimes.com site.

The fine print says the 5.78 lakh is the on-road price for the 1.2L petrol version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks