Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:53   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Sir Whats The Fuel Efficiency. I Have Also Booked 1.4 Elegant Version. Should Be Getting It Next Week
it will give you more than 15 kmpl
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:53   #197
Team-BHP Support

now when are we seeing the custom code remap to 95bhp on this?
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:03   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
it will give you more than 15 kmpl

Chetan: and that is good enough for me, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
now when are we seeing the custom code remap to 95bhp on this?
akshay1234: that would be a dream. How in blazes do they boost power that much by simple reprogramming?
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:11   #199
BHPian

hey netchef i hear there is a waiting period of 2 moths for the elegant is this true ?
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:19   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
hey netchef i hear there is a waiting period of 2 moths for the elegant is this true ?

Talk to Russell or Prasanna at TAFE for a clear picture: they are quite reliable. I know there was a 4-5 week wait when I got my wheels 2 months ago, but there are microcosms like a last minute cancellation and suchlike, so no estimate is ever absolute.

There are also variations on deliveries from the colour of the car.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:24   #201
BHPian

Quote:
akshay1234: that would be a dream. How in blazes do they boost power that much by simple reprogramming?
[/quote]
[/quote]

that would be race dynamics , have contacted him regarding remap

Last edited by chetan : 3rd May 2008 at 12:25.
Old 3rd May 2008, 14:31   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

that would be race dynamics , have contacted him regarding remap
rd is a standalone ecu. remap goes onto the stock ecu.

the psi tuning box raises the power to 83bhp.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 3rd May 2008 at 14:41.
Old 3rd May 2008, 16:58   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
rd is a standalone ecu. remap goes onto the stock ecu.

the psi tuning box raises the power to 83bhp.
Every 2nd word in there goes over my head- what I understood were 'goes', 'standalone' and 'power' , but thanks for the information. If ever I have my own Czech beauty, Monsieur Pete will be hearing from me.
Old 4th May 2008, 01:02   #204
BHPian

hi dude congrats on ur new showroom car,feeling sorry for the dent as i have undergone similar kind of suitation (some Herohonda cd100bike's bleedy luggage carrier scratched my left front door whenhe kissed my LH front door when my car was PARKED) golden swift with a white scratch on lh front door
Old 4th May 2008, 05:56   #205
BHPian

Egad!!

I find it incredibly hard to believe people on this forum, an apparantly literate lot, are actually booking the Fabia, albeit in it's most overpriced guise.

I can see the base petrol version being somewhat of a competitor to the Swift Petrol Zxi, if you really couldn't stomach the Swift. But 8.5 Lacs OTR Mumbai for the diesel elegance- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What's elegant about that?

If you're gonna spend thaaat much, why not just spend the extra 1.5 lacs on the Fiat 500? Atleast you there you know 50% of your $ is going to the Indian Government and not Skoda's pockets and that you're getting a VERY recognized vehicle!

I cancelled my booking when I saw a stuffed bakra, complete with the apple in it's mouth, in the Skoda dealers eyes. Then, I realized that she was looking at me!
Old 5th May 2008, 10:48   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I find it incredibly hard to believe people on this forum, an apparantly literate lot, are actually booking the Fabia, albeit in it's most overpriced guise.

I can see the base petrol version being somewhat of a competitor to the Swift Petrol Zxi, if you really couldn't stomach the Swift. But 8.5 Lacs OTR Mumbai for the diesel elegance- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What's elegant about that?

If you're gonna spend thaaat much, why not just spend the extra 1.5 lacs on the Fiat 500? Atleast you there you know 50% of your $ is going to the Indian Government and not Skoda's pockets and that you're getting a VERY recognized vehicle!

I cancelled my booking when I saw a stuffed bakra, complete with the apple in it's mouth, in the Skoda dealers eyes. Then, I realized that she was looking at me!

Touche. Good dig about literacy!
The apple of her eye, eh?
I hear you, Sir. In Bangalore, the base version of the Fabia diesel costs 7.57 lakhs on road, and I figured it reasonable value for money vis-a-vis the Swift diesel top of line which then quoted 6.2 lakhs, considering:
- the Brand
- the gizmos like dual airbags, fully galvanized body
- music system

If you apportion even 30K for each of the first two (airbags and galvanized), and 20K for the last, that's 80K, making it then just a tad beyond the Swift in terms of costs. Then if you factor in Euro build quality and Skoda exclusivity over inch- thick-mile-wide Samurai density, it's an easy decision.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:48   #207
Senior - BHPian

Hello netchef,

I must say that you have done a great job in this thread. I appreciate the patience shown by you in answering each and every query raised by the members. This thread might turn out to be a standard guide for all Fabia owners!!

And also like other members have said, your posts are great to read due to the high quality of language. Keep up the good work.

I was away from the forum for quite some time due to other priorities, hence the late post.
Old 5th May 2008, 21:35   #208
BHPian

Grabhandles for the rear seat?

Netchef...still waiting for your response to my query regarding the grabhandles
Old 6th May 2008, 05:39   #209
BHPian

Jeez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Then if you factor in Euro build quality and Skoda exclusivity over inch- thick-mile-wide Samurai density, it's an easy decision.
Oh come on.... You seem like a smart guy! I, too, tried selling myself on the "Euro Build quality" and the "Skoda exclusivity" till I realized that I was doing all of Skoda's marketing for them. Sure the interiors are nice and the ride is good, but those are factors a consumer should factor in when chosing one automotive manufacturer over another, not arguements to pay 1.25 lacs more.

The only reason that Skoda remains exclusive is because the Indian market doesn't consider the car worth the money. That, during a time of general economic success, says alot to me.

In my opinion, Skoda's replicating what the likes of Mercedes Benz, BMW, the VAG group and a bunch of European manufacturers have grown accustomed to doing in India: Asking Indians to bend over!
Old 6th May 2008, 11:16   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcar View Post
hi dude congrats on ur new showroom car,feeling sorry for the dent as i have undergone similar kind of suitation (some Herohonda cd100bike's bleedy luggage carrier scratched my left front door whenhe kissed my LH front door when my car was PARKED) golden swift with a white scratch on lh front door
Fastcar: Thanks, Sir. Morons that populate this planet is beyond belief. Sorry to hear about your mishap, and hope the bloke falls into some deep lake. (he aught to be tossed in, luggage carrier and all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Hello netchef,

I must say that you have done a great job in this thread. I appreciate the patience shown by you in answering each and every query raised by the members. This thread might turn out to be a standard guide for all Fabia owners!!

And also like other members have said, your posts are great to read due to the high quality of language. Keep up the good work.

I was away from the forum for quite some time due to other priorities, hence the late post.
Hello AkMar: Very kind of you, Sir. I'm just happy my bytes find a willing audience and that I convey something that will remain with them (in the hope I paint an iota of sense, ie.).

Good to have you back, and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Netchef...still waiting for your response to my query regarding the grabhandles
parichay: SORRY, Sir. I get home in the wee hours quite knackered, and it slips the mind in the morning rush. Coming up, I promise.

My apologies again.

RG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Oh come on.... You seem like a smart guy! I, too, tried selling myself on the "Euro Build quality" and the "Skoda exclusivity" till I realized that I was doing all of Skoda's marketing for them. Sure the interiors are nice and the ride is good, but those are factors a consumer should factor in when chosing one automotive manufacturer over another, not arguements to pay 1.25 lacs more.

The only reason that Skoda remains exclusive is because the Indian market doesn't consider the car worth the money. That, during a time of general economic success, says alot to me.

In my opinion, Skoda's replicating what the likes of Mercedes Benz, BMW, the VAG group and a bunch of European manufacturers have grown accustomed to doing in India: Asking Indians to bend over!
Screwdriva: QED. Not smart enough apparently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks