Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 11:39   #211
Senior - BHPian

Hi Netchef, just went through the 14 pages of queries, more queries, comments, compliments, scorn and your extremely effective fending techniques .
Fantastically written. I believe it has changed the way I look at the fabia.

Thanks for the wonderful report.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:42   #212
Senior - BHPian

@netchef,

I had no idea of buying the Fabia before, but with rumours being rife that Fabia might come plonked with a 1.9 litre diesel engine, I am more than willing to consider it as my next car. My Palio is getting 5 years old this year end.

I remember asking you this before, but if you do not mind, can you please let me know how good the ground clearance of the Fabia is. There are times when my Palio has scrapped its bottom with full load of people and luggage, on those crater resembling vehicle crackers (speed breakers). This, inspite of Palio's ground clearance being 170mm. If I remember right, Fabia's is pretty low. But, how is the suspension set up when you travel on those speed breakers with full load of passengers and luggage?
Old 6th May 2008, 16:04   #213
VKJ
BHPian

Regarding Fabia booking:
I booked mine last week i.e. 27th April, the sales guy told me that it would take 3 weeks for the vehicle, i got a call yesterday i.e. 5th May just one week later saying the vehicle is ready!!!! I felt there is some cancellation and they might have allotted the vehicle. The answer i got from him was "It's booked against your name" Experts i am confused pls. suggest as to whether to believe this whole thing with a pinch of salt and go ahead with the delivery or probe this thingy further? thanks.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:52   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Regarding Fabia booking:
I The answer i got from him was "It's booked against your name" Experts i am confused pls. suggest as to whether to believe this whole thing with a pinch of salt and go ahead with the delivery or probe this thingy further? thanks.
It shouldn't matter as long as the vehicle is new (has not been used for TD). They usually quote the worst case delay, but might receive stock early. Anyway, there are some checks you need to do when you take delivery.

BTW which model/colour did you ask for?
Old 6th May 2008, 18:37   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi Netchef, just went through the 14 pages of queries, more queries, comments, compliments, scorn and your extremely effective fending techniques .
Fantastically written. I believe it has changed the way I look at the fabia.

Thanks for the wonderful report.
sammyboy: Sir, thanks. That's a great compliment. Maybe I've missed my calling and would have made a half decent diplomat.
Thanks, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
@netchef,

I had no idea of buying the Fabia before, but with rumours being rife that Fabia might come plonked with a 1.9 litre diesel engine, I am more than willing to consider it as my next car. My Palio is getting 5 years old this year end.

I remember asking you this before, but if you do not mind, can you please let me know how good the ground clearance of the Fabia is. There are times when my Palio has scrapped its bottom with full load of people and luggage, on those crater resembling vehicle crackers (speed breakers). This, inspite of Palio's ground clearance being 170mm. If I remember right, Fabia's is pretty low. But, how is the suspension set up when you travel on those speed breakers with full load of passengers and luggage?
deepakhon: Sir, if they do launch a 1.9, I shall be first in queue for one- provided I can rustle-up the green-backs of course. I love the machine, and a little more oomph would do for me quite nicely.

As to your query regarding the Fabia's clearance, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate assessment as we've never 'loaded' her so far, and by loaded I mean a full complement of adult passengers as well as luggage. Besides this anachronism, we would not be comparing cars on the same roads, so you would really get a skewed report.
Sorry.
Quote:
Regarding Fabia booking:
I booked mine last week i.e. 27th April, the sales guy told me that it would take 3 weeks for the vehicle, i got a call yesterday i.e. 5th May just one week later saying the vehicle is ready!!!! I felt there is some cancellation and they might have allotted the vehicle. The answer i got from him was "It's booked against your name" Experts i am confused pls. suggest as to whether to believe this whole thing with a pinch of salt and go ahead with the delivery or probe this thingy further? thanks.
VKJ: if I were in your shoes I would not worry about this as there are many factors that cause variance in their deliveries, and they do project longer delivery periods than what turn out in actuality, using this as a safety margin to prevent extremely irate customers.

Better to say 5 weeks and give it in 2 than the other way around.
ps. I'm not an expert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
It shouldn't matter as long as the vehicle is new (has not been used for TD). They usually quote the worst case delay, but might receive stock early. Anyway, there are some checks you need to do when you take delivery.

BTW which model/colour did you ask for?
Well said, CBlazer.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post

As to your query regarding the Fabia's clearance, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate assessment as we've never 'loaded' her so far, and by loaded I mean a full complement of adult passengers as well as luggage. Besides this anachronism, we would not be comparing cars on the same roads, so you would really get a skewed report.
Sorry.
I understand your point. If you ever happen to travel on the road which connects Mysore Road to Bangalore University, with a full load of adults and luggage, do let me know whether the first few humps scrape the car's underbelly. Also, if you ever happen to travel towards Madikeri via Shrirangapatna and Hunsur, you will get a few humps after Hunsur which are really nasty.

This is where my Palio bottomed out. I guess this will be a fair comparison, provided you tread those routes.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I understand your point. If you ever happen to travel on the road which connects Mysore Road to Bangalore University, with a full load of adults and luggage, do let me know whether the first few humps scrape the car's underbelly. Also, if you ever happen to travel towards Madikeri via Shrirangapatna and Hunsur, you will get a few humps after Hunsur which are really nasty.

This is where my Palio bottomed out. I guess this will be a fair comparison, provided you tread those routes.
Done, Sir. Madikeri is a bit off the beaten track, though I love Coorg.
Old 6th May 2008, 21:10   #218
VKJ
BHPian

CBlazer, i booked the 1.4 PD-TDI elegance red color. Please let me know what checks i need to ensure before delivery.

In general, what accessories should i consider for this car and the Sunfilm brand/type that would be suitable for Fabia?
I have some apprehensions about putting the sunfilm on rear glass since the fabia comes with defogger, experts pls. suggest.

Also i wanted to get some advice from ppl who have gone with Vinayak. Regarding the vehicle insurance, they have tied up with ICICI Lombard. But i heard from ICICI that this dealer does not come under their Cashless garage scheme, any experiences shared would be great/helpful. <I enquired about the insurance directly with the ICICI , strangely their executive told me that they do not have the system updated for Fabia model ;-((>
Old 7th May 2008, 00:31   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know what checks i need to ensure before delivery.
Suggest that you go through this link about the checks you should do -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

My few cents about the accessories - the Elegance is pretty well speced. You might want to add speakers at the rear if you find the sound isn't good enough. I personally would use the car for a few days to be sure if I really needed these.

Congrats! It's a great car to own if you are okay with the pricing.

OT: Was returning from Mysore last Sunday (around 7pm). I suddenly saw this Fabia appear from behind. I was on the left lane and there were cars on both the lanes pretty close to each other (typical Sunday evening traffic). The Fabia guy zig-zagged around the cars and zipped past so quickly that I never saw him again. I was doing around 90kmph and one can imagine the speed at which he did his trick. He was either showing off the car's stability or was crazy. Definitely the latter!
Old 7th May 2008, 10:18   #220
VKJ
BHPian

Thanks CBlazer, will surely take it along for delivery.

NetChef, your writing/craving has wonderful sense of humor!!!! keep the ink flowing....

Fabia owners: Any cash discounts from the dealers? These guys are charging me more than the bank interest rates, but i hope to find the documentation simplified for the premium paid!!!! also pls. do comment on the Sun-film and must have accs. if any
Old 7th May 2008, 12:10   #221
BHPian

Quote:
CBlazer, i booked the 1.4 PD-TDI elegance red color. Please let me know what checks i need to ensure before delivery.

In general, what accessories should i consider for this car and the Sunfilm brand/type that would be suitable for Fabia?
I have some apprehensions about putting the sunfilm on rear glass since the fabia comes with defogger, experts pls. suggest.

Also i wanted to get some advice from ppl who have gone with Vinayak. Regarding the vehicle insurance, they have tied up with ICICI Lombard. But i heard from ICICI that this dealer does not come under their Cashless garage scheme, any experiences shared would be great/helpful. <I enquired about the insurance directly with the ICICI , strangely their executive told me that they do not have the system updated for Fabia model ;-((>
VKJ: Firstly, congratulations.
Only piece of advice I can give is that if you had owned a car and have a No Claim Bonus coming to you, this amount is transferrable. Based on the NCB certificate from your previous Insurer, the incumbent Insurance Co. has to discount the premium.

I had owned a Cielo and had made no claims for 7 years: I got a refund of Rs 9136/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Suggest that you go through this link about the checks you should do -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

My few cents about the accessories - the Elegance is pretty well speced. You might want to add speakers at the rear if you find the sound isn't good enough. I personally would use the car for a few days to be sure if I really needed these.

Congrats! It's a great car to own if you are okay with the pricing.

OT: Was returning from Mysore last Sunday (around 7pm). I suddenly saw this Fabia appear from behind. I was on the left lane and there were cars on both the lanes pretty close to each other (typical Sunday evening traffic). The Fabia guy zig-zagged around the cars and zipped past so quickly that I never saw him again. I was doing around 90kmph and one can imagine the speed at which he did his trick. He was either showing off the car's stability or was crazy. Definitely the latter!
Please verify this speaker upgrade thing. I myself was very keen to have them till I got first-hand information from a Fabia owner that the company said his Warranty would be void if he made ANY mods to the car including adding rear speakers.

Quote:
Thanks CBlazer, will surely take it along for delivery.

NetChef, your writing/craving has wonderful sense of humor!!!! keep the ink flowing....

Fabia owners: Any cash discounts from the dealers? These guys are charging me more than the bank interest rates, but i hope to find the documentation simplified for the premium paid!!!! also pls. do comment on the Sun-film and must have accs. if any
VKJ: as long as there's ink in this pen, you may expect more zany coverage. Hope I half entertain.
Thanks.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:49   #222
VKJ
BHPian

NetChef, yes i do have accrued some NCB over the years for my old car which i dont have plans to sell, in that case is the certificate valid for transfer to the new car insurance?

Owner's pls. comment on the following issue:
I am particularly having this habit of driving the car in half clutch especially in bumper-to-bumper city traffic, so when i took the TD of Fabia, i was not comfortable in driving her on half clutch, the engine used to shut-off. Please advice if this is a known issue on Diesel or Skoda vehicles.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:40   #223
BHPian

I booked the 1.4 Petrol Fabia yesterday and the dealer told me that it will
take 1 Month (Magic Black color with Beige and Chic Interiors).

But today he called me and said that he can deliver the car on May 16th.
Strange!!

When I asked for a Test Drive, I also noticed like "VKJ" is that the dealer kept telling that the car is going to be booked in your name and then brought in and so we cannot give any test drives etc.

Whatever, I hope I get my Car in good Condition, I already have the PDI ready from Team-Bhp
Old 7th May 2008, 13:44   #224
BHPian

Quote:
NetChef, yes i do have accrued some NCB over the years for my old car which i dont have plans to sell, in that case is the certificate valid for transfer to the new car insurance?

Owner's pls. comment on the following issue:
I am particularly having this habit of driving the car in half clutch especially in bumper-to-bumper city traffic, so when i took the TD of Fabia, i was not comfortable in driving her on half clutch, the engine used to shut-off. Please advice if this is a known issue on Diesel or Skoda vehicles.

VKJ: logic tells me the NCB is good for one car, but please go ahead and get your agent's confirmation.

Driving ANY car on 'half clutch' is a very serious NO-NO as it will quickly destroy your clutch plate. My suggestion is to reprogramme your driving technique ASAP so as to preserve the transmission of your new wheels.
Sending partial power to your gear box also reduces the fuel efficiency, but that's a smaller price to pay than having to fork out hard cash for a new clutch.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:22   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
I booked the 1.4 Petrol Fabia yesterday and the dealer told me that it will
take 1 Month (Magic Black color with Beige and Chic Interiors).

But today he called me and said that he can deliver the car on May 16th.
Strange!!

When I asked for a Test Drive, I also noticed like "VKJ" is that the dealer kept telling that the car is going to be booked in your name and then brought in and so we cannot give any test drives etc.
I'm surprised these guys don't have a TD car yet. Shortage of kits for the Elegance model was the reason they quoted. So how much does one lose if he cancels the booking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks