Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 16:17   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Ah. If they are offering 'specials' on the Octavia, perhaps its time has come.
Making way for the VW Jetta which is slated for a July 08 launch? Or maybe the Laura is taking it's place?

ACI, May 2008 quotes that there are upto 75K discounts being offered on the Octavia Ambiente 1.9 (not the higher versions) and good discounts on the petrols. However, the lady at TAFE said they were ONLY offering free insurance on the Octavia Ambiente 1.9.
Old 24th April 2008, 18:07   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Making way for the VW Jetta which is slated for a July 08 launch? Or maybe the Laura is taking it's place?

ACI, May 2008 quotes that there are upto 75K discounts being offered on the Octavia Ambiente 1.9 (not the higher versions) and good discounts on the petrols. However, the lady at TAFE said they were ONLY offering free insurance on the Octavia Ambiente 1.9.
I'm guessing but on such an expensive car, insurance must cost around 75K?
Would the Jetta be in that price range?
Old 24th April 2008, 21:28   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I'm guessing but on such an expensive car, insurance must cost around 75K?
Would the Jetta be in that price range?
ACI says the discount is around 70K including free insurance and 4% discount on the loan amount(for a 75% loan). ACI quotes competition from Corolla as the main reason for the discount. I'm sorry, I missed out the loan part earlier.

As of now, the information I have is that the Jetta diesel would be around 15L on road and should be launched in July.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:40   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
ACI says the discount is around 70K including free insurance and 4% discount on the loan amount(for a 75% loan). ACI quotes competition from Corolla as the main reason for the discount. I'm sorry, I missed out the loan part earlier.

As of now, the information I have is that the Jetta diesel would be around 15L on road and should be launched in July.

Oh great Thanks. I'm excited at the automotive progress we're witnessing in India. Finally it's catch-up time with the rest of the world.
One day we'll see V-8s and even V-12s, not because they're the ideal transport solution for 99.9% of India, but only because they augment the basket of offerings. Free market zindabad.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:01   #185
BHPian

YEEHAA 900 kms coming up!

It's been an eventful 2 months with our Fabia, and I've been lucky to get advice from the willing and learned Team-BHP community on everything from dealer to paint to tyres to lubes to taillights and much more.

I had many queries, some technical, some silly, some bizarre.
Like with any car, I presume, the Fabia grows on one. The doors that used to pose a bit of a challenge to open without knocking them on something are now comfortable to operate. The gearbox that occasionally gave one a 3rd when what was desired was a 1st is eager and intuitive and easy. (You thought it was whimsical when actually 'twas the handler that was wanting in the skills department-Fabia-skills to be precise.)

The engine you were scared to rev, the 3-pot Czech baby you nursed with kid gloves, the same powerplant that one tended to walk around on egg shells when in its compressive company, that very same rattle-and-roll carbon blender is now sweet. And usable. And you find yourself willing to give her a prod so she'll lurch off between that auto and the divider in a trice- manouevres you were up to now reluctant to indulge in.
I'm now multi-tasking: shifting gears while twiddling with something else, changing FM stations while flashing my headlights at someone etc, so a lot of her has become subconscious to jiggle. In other words I find myself settling into Fabia territory like I was born and bred there and not just some visitor on temporary visa. Taking to the Fabia buffet as though its Czech cuisine was part and parcel of our table for generations. Fitting into her like I would into a bespoke Savile Road suit.

But there was a learning curve all right. And it WAS mixed with the nervousness of getting behind the wheel of a new machine- from the angle of the fear of doing her some damage, as also the need for temperance of going gentle with her into the night while giving her innards enough time to get to know the other bedfellows, and launch into gentle conversation with them. (Engineers call it running-in, I believe.)

The strong and determined Fabia has wormed her way into our hearts and lifestyle (and logistics systems, and more).

I washed her yesterday and it took all of 15 minutes and 2.5 buckets of H2O. Nope, the roof and bits of her are still rough with the oozings of some tree, and it feels horribly granular to the touch, and unkempt. If anyone has a home remedy for it, I'm listening.

What tyre pressure are ideal for driving with two, mainly on city roads? Is a there a 'summer' range to maintain? How much does one need to drop for highway driving to compensate for temperature gain?

I had some early pictures but can't recall if I'd uploaded them before. More coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-steering_wheel.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-side_view.jpg  

Old 28th April 2008, 21:11   #186
Senior - BHPian

You forgot to wax her!
Old 29th April 2008, 10:03   #187
BHPian

Netchef, if you want to take good care of your fabia try Meguiar's 3 step treatment which consists of a paint cleaner (this will remove bug stains, tree sap), a non-abrasive polish and carnuba wax. The 3 bottles cost around rs. 4.5K in Mumbai and should be available in Bangalore. Do invest in the recommended applicators instead of using a cloth. I have used it on my RS and can vouch for the good results. Bomi.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:15   #188
BHPian

Just a quick Q - Are the interiors Black (As in a Swift VXi/VDi) or Grey (As in a Santro/Verna)? I'm not able to make out as the light is reflecting off and not showing the shades correctly.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:48   #189
Team-BHP Support

Bowled over by your write-up, once again. I liked the 'running-in' description.
Old 29th April 2008, 19:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You forgot to wax her!
jkdas: Turtle wax coming up, Sir (and hope like Hell they don't use real turtles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Netchef, if you want to take good care of your fabia try Meguiar's 3 step treatment which consists of a paint cleaner (this will remove bug stains, tree sap), a non-abrasive polish and carnuba wax. The 3 bottles cost around rs. 4.5K in Mumbai and should be available in Bangalore. Do invest in the recommended applicators instead of using a cloth. I have used it on my RS and can vouch for the good results. Bomi.
Bomi- thanks for the tip, Sir. I shall most definitely keep a lookout for them the next time I'm near a car shop. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Just a quick Q - Are the interiors Black (As in a Swift VXi/VDi) or Grey (As in a Santro/Verna)? I'm not able to make out as the light is reflecting off and not showing the shades correctly.
theodore_ftw: Sir, black to my eye, or 80% black as the art world measures it. I've been in both a Swift and a Verna but they drifted into the mists of my mind and I haven't a ready comparison to give you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Bowled over by your write-up, once again. I liked the 'running-in' description.
benbsb29: Thank-you, Sir. 'Twas like a runaway description?
Pleasure writing for you.
RG
Old 29th April 2008, 20:06   #191
BHPian

Post reading all these raves about the Fabia i feel that a Test Drive is in order. I'll update this post once i have one.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:59   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Post reading all these raves about the Fabia i feel that a Test Drive is in order. I'll update this post once i have one.
theodore_ftw: Excelent, Sir. Look forward to hearing your views.
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:19   #193
BHPian

Fe

Sir Whats The Fuel Efficiency. I Have Also Booked 1.4 Elegant Version. Should Be Getting It Next Week
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:42   #194
BHPian

Grabhandles for the rear seat?

Netchef....a quick question. My father bought a 1.4 Classic a month ago. I noticed that there are grab handles (these are the handles on the roof of the car towards the edge) only for the front seat passenger side. The rear seats get the provision but no handles. Just wanted to confirm whether this is standard in all classic models or an oversight in my fathers car.
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:50   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Sir Whats The Fuel Efficiency. I Have Also Booked 1.4 Elegant Version. Should Be Getting It Next Week
ronnyquest: Sir, I regret to say I haven't a clue yet. As she's still relatively tender on the miles, neither my dad nor I have bothered checking the FE. Shall certainly let you know when we do.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm pretty sure she'll charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Netchef....a quick question. My father bought a 1.4 Classic a month ago. I noticed that there are grab handles (these are the handles on the roof of the car towards the edge) only for the front seat passenger side. The rear seats get the provision but no handles. Just wanted to confirm whether this is standard in all classic models or an oversight in my fathers car.
parichay: shall check today, Sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks