Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 10:48   #31
BHPian

Good work eddy, thanks.

Looks like a good package, if it comes at the right price. Has a chunky feel.

My prediction: All those looking at B+ hatches will definitely consider this one. Maruti has another winner on its hands
Old 21st March 2008, 10:57   #32
BHPian

Eddy, Great job. Always team-bhp is at the font in launch coverage.
Nice first TD. Regarding the looks, the rear chrome treatment has been overdone to my taste. We can understand that to keep the costs low & use the same parts for both the models, they must have maintained the same front profile, but still Maruti could have done some minor changes to the front, so as to give it a different look.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Thank you guys.

@hkanitkar: Yes, the tyres were definitely 185s but who knows, these might come only with ZXI and ZDI. The lower versions might not get them. But I dont think thats gonna happen.

@Spindoc: Yes, I think that its gonna be a hit. But that would depend on the pricing, of which the Star guy had no idea or probably did not tell me. But MUL has been known to be good with its pricing since the Versa & Baleno initial debacle so we can expect a good deal.

@Jaggu: Sorry, could not manage more pics as they had to start the shoot and I also had to tell the Star guy about T-BHP. Also, since we were all obsessed with its rear, it never struck me that I should take front pics too

@Salil: The interiors are good but they still are of MUL standard and not in the same league as that of an NHC or a Verna. But better than Indigo definitely. I am not sure about the interiors of the VXI version since they were not displayed. Can anyone confirm about the interiors of the Hatch VXI 2008 model ? Are they beige ?

Forgot to add some more observations.

-The ZDI had 161 km on the Odo (wire not disconnected). When I started the car, the shudder i felt was "slightly slightly" than the shudder I feel in my hatch VDI. However, I think that the NVH levels have improved. The engine felt very smooth and the torque kicked in as usual.
-Anyone interested in high speeds will have to upgrade the rubber since the road grip was not the best.
-The AC was set to 18 deg and was pretty effective. And no power loss at all when I switched it on.
-I also think that the chrome line on the boot should have been thinner. The font of the word Dzire could also have been classier.
-The biggest gain over the swift is the increase in the rear space. It is roomier with more leg space. However, the rear center arm rest will have to be managed. SX$ guys will let us know how 3 ppl sit at the back even with the arm rest

Surprisingly, there were no Maruti officials present there for the shoot.

My verdict: If priced right, the looks of the car are good enough and will not keep the buyers away like the Logan which has lost out due to the boxy looks.

Last edited by Eddy : 21st March 2008 at 11:15.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:02   #34
BHPian

Lucky Eddy. Since the price point is going to be quite to the south of the SX4, this car is going to rock the Sales Charts, especially with a 470 lt boot. That is big. I do not believe that looks are actually that much of a puller in the Indian market, because many of our best sellers are just bland or obnoxious.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:07   #35
BHPian

Hi Eddy,

Lucky guy, i must say. The car is looking great. Seems like a real winner.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hope maruti has improved the build quality this time and solved the rattling problems which the swift owners are facing.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice find, and thanks for sharing with T-BHP.

IMO that the design will grow onto people. Same happened with the M800 and old zen designs. When Maruti modded the designs to freshen the cars, they were received with mixed feelings. Have to say happend with me as well - esp with the m-800.

Overall Looks like a well thought out design. Now to see how MUL prices the car to take on the competition. India is considered as a 'sedan' market as opposed to a 'hatch' market like europe, any offering with a boot is likely to succeed.

cheers!
Old 21st March 2008, 11:20   #38

Nice catch Eddy! One of my friend visited pratham motors looking to book a Swift VDI. He thought of casually enquiring about the Dzire and the sales man @ pratham suggested not to go for Dzire(reason: Lower FE and unknown driveablity)
Old 21st March 2008, 11:26   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

It isnt as bad as the NHC or Indigo - but ugly with a capital U.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up and photos eddy. This will certainly help many prospective buyers in this forum. This can be a super hit in the market if priced right and hope they will do it.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:07   #41

Thanks Eddy. Not a big fan of the looks, but looks like a sure winner from Maruti if priced right.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:07   #42

Eddy....Any idea if they had kept the length of car less than 4 meters like TATA did for IndigoCS
Old 21st March 2008, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

@Salil: The interiors are good but they still are of MUL standard and not in the same league as that of an NHC or a Verna. But better than Indigo definitely. I am not sure about the interiors of the VXI version since they were not displayed. Can anyone confirm about the interiors of the Hatch VXI 2008 model ? Are they beige ?
Yesterday I saw a black VDI Dzire at Garuda motors workshop. It had all black interiors.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey look it's got a Bangle-butt!!

Good work Eddy!
Old 21st March 2008, 12:46   #45
BHPian

Good work Eddy.
The Indigo & Logan sales team are in trouble selling their products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks