Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 14:05   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thank you sudheer.
Glad you liked it enough to take some inspiration from it.
Better to keep things simple - too much over-engineering usually ends up with a chaotic result!
All the best with your new acquisition plan!
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Shankar.balan, your's is a truly sexy scorp. I just liked it very much. I especially liked it the way you have kept things simple and beautiful(K.I.S.S). I am actually planning to go on for a scorp and if every thing works out smoothly, your scorp will have a twin brother(or sister!) for sure soon.
Old 21st September 2008, 10:50   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Shankar.Balan,

Quick question: Have you driven a mHawk VLS/VLX? Does it have exactly the same suspension and chassis setup. Apart from the lighter (by 70kg?) mHawk engine, are there ANY differences in driving stability, handling and braking?

Asking raj_5004 the same question too as he has a mHawk.

I am considering buying a LX and doing it up like you and ramkya :-)
Old 22nd September 2008, 02:02   #63
BHPian

7.92 on road ( because of corporate discount, loyalty bonus, insurance no claim bonus and so on - around 60 grand saved off the normal LX price which is 856000/-)
extras - 28 grand for the alloys
music and speakers 14 grand
towhook and new 4WD Scorpio bumper - 8 Grand
Bull Bar 10 Grand
Some small freebies included basic driving lamps mounted on the front bumper and some inside mats and an ashtray!

=========================

Where did you buy the accessories?
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:06   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar,

Could you kindly post some pictures of the LX interiors?

Thanks,
Old 30th September 2008, 16:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Shankar where art thou ? Honestly a mean looking scorp' . Had the privilege to drive one picked up by a colleague and was almost floored. I never had the chance to sit in the rear seat and check the legroom. Only gripe was that the steering wheel wasnt comfortably placed.

I did prefer the Dicor anyday in comparo to the Scorp ' when it comes to space and the driving comfort.Never the less good buy.
Current price of the Scop' LX is 9.02 lacs OTR.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:03   #66
BANNED

@itwasntme - VLX MHAWK or VLS is superior no doubt about it. Undoubtedly better braking and handling and of course the 2.2 Hawk power is great vis a vis my 2.6 crde. Stability etc - no issues provided you drive it like it is supposed to be driven - its a large SUV and quite high off the ground so one must not drive it as if it is a sports sedan! I am not sure of suspension/chassis as Im not that much of technical expert. But it feels very good there is no doubt. If you have the budget you should go for the VLS - better value than the VLX. I ve not taken pics of my interiors. Will do so maybe this weekend and stick them in. However they are absolutely stock - not much Ive done inside because I like simplicity/ utility in my vehicles. The interiors are standard 7 seater interiors with fabric seats. The good thing about 7 seater is that the middle row which is immediately behind the driver/ passenger front seats, is mounted a little to the rear, which gives the persons sitting there a little more legroom as compared with the 9 seater. The rear jump seats in the 7 seater are frankly not useful and anyway we never need to use them. The 9 seater is so called because these same rear jump seats are slightly wider. Because of this, the middle row is mounted just a bit forward thus reducing a little legroom for the middle row passengers.

@anandkumargb - Accessories - some I bought in the Mahindra Showroom itself like the Bull bar and so on. Aura Wheels I bought from Madhu's. Other things like Music System, Steering remote etc from a shop called AutoCop opposite Fernhill apartments in HSR Layout - I know that chap so I usually get him to fix these things.

@rjstyles- sorry ive been inactive on tbhp for a while. busy ish.
well - I like the scorp LX - suits my purpose well and gives me great value - cost vs benefit is excellent. Weekend before last we did another medium distance to Tirupati etc and back. Last weekend another trip to Chamundi Hills and back. I love the way it behaves on highways and I enjoy driving it. Gives me about 11.5 average with AC on Highways so FE is ok IMO.A new Scorp LX is 9.19 as on yesterday - info from the dealers.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 1st October 2008 at 16:07.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:08   #67
BHPian

Hello Shankar,
How much did you pay for the Steering remote? And what is the music system you have installed?
Old 14th August 2009, 09:43   #68
BANNED

pioneer system
with 2 tweeters in front and a pair of speakers on the tailgate
remote also pioneer - 2000 bucks

total music system cost about 15 grand including the remote - cant remember the exact figures though since it is about 1.5 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hello Shankar,
How much did you pay for the Steering remote? And what is the music system you have installed?
Old 14th August 2009, 09:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
pioneer system

total music system cost about 15 grand including the remote - cant remember the exact figures though since it is about 1.5 years ago
err .. just for information of others Pioneer remote is available at 995 Rs MRP , Purchased it 1 year back.
Old 17th August 2009, 09:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
pioneer system

I found Twitters are missing in the VLX model.
I am not an Audio enthusiast, so I do not know if we really need to add a Twitter.
Old 17th August 2009, 09:19   #71
BANNED

better to have 2 proper door mounted speakers in front

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am not an Audio enthusiast, so I do not know if we really need to add a Twitter.
Old 17th August 2009, 09:21   #72
BANNED

cant say anything about these electronics - since they are still largely grey market operators, I suppose they just charge what they want, when they want.

Again, one cannot even be sure whether these remotes and systems etc are genuine or fake. However, since they work,I suppose its ok.

Frankly even if one buys these things in a good car audio / accessories shop, one never knows the procurement source for these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
err .. just for information of others Pioneer remote is available at 995 Rs MRP , Purchased it 1 year back.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:22   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Not sure what type of speakers the OEM speakers are. Generally you get the best effect with three-way or more speakers which have built in tweeters. No need to add separate tweeters. Just upgrade your speakers and even with the stock CD player, you will see a huge difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks