Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 13:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Another viable is to upgrade to better bulbs of the same stock wattage, which is what I will do. But the problem again is to source these original bulbs since there are a lot of fakes in circulation, especially philips.
Upgrading to better bulbs in the same wattage are no doubt a better option, but still 90/100 results are outstanding...

Let me know which Phillips bulbs you are looking at, i'll source them for you..

Cheers
Old 24th May 2008, 14:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice ride!! Good combo of rubber+rims.

I didnt realise the Swift looked so good in white
Old 24th May 2008, 14:34   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Upgrading to better bulbs in the same wattage are no doubt a better option, but still 90/100 results are outstanding...

Let me know which Phillips bulbs you are looking at, i'll source them for you..

Cheers
No doubt they will give me better visibility but just don't want to fiddle with the wiring and stuff. If not satisfied with stock wattage, then will consider it.

You will source them ? Oh good. This is a relief. But from where ?
Old 24th May 2008, 15:36   #49
BHPian

revved, I moved from Philips 90/100 to Osram 55/60 night breakers and prefer Osram. The throw of light is better and so is the intensity. Nothing comes close to HID's but try the Osram night breakers. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 24th May 2008, 15:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey nice ride!! Good combo of rubber+rims.
I didnt realise the Swift looked so good in white
I didnt too until I saw your and Jaggu's white swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Congrates once again for the lovely alloys !!
@Ashish: Thanks and Nice to meet you last night

Since you said that higher wattage might damage the reflectors in long run, I think I would better stick to the stock wattage.

Do the Philips/Osram bulbs with stock wattage have the same light color or are they white or something??
And also are they a direct fit, without any fiddling with wires and all?
Lastly, what is the approximate cost?
Old 24th May 2008, 15:48   #51
BHPian

The osram bulbs are a direct fit and don't need a cut-out or change of holder. A set of 2 costs about 1000 bucks if my memory serves me right and the light is definitely whiter. I don't drive with high beam on but have tried it on the highway and it is markedly better than the Philips bulb of the same wattage.

Unless you go higher up the wattage ladder you won't need to make any modifications to the holders or wiring. Hope this helps.
Old 24th May 2008, 17:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

@revved_up, congrats! White is the colour for Swifts. Good choice of Alloys and tyres too!

I have Osram Nightbreakers (60/55W) on my Swift. What I'd written about them in my thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...atch-ii-9.html ):

Quote:
Headlight-bulb upgrade: I upgraded the stock headlights to Osram Nightbreakers (H4, 60/55). I had 100/80 Philips RALLYEs on the Palio, and the Osrams are almost as good. They claim 90% more light and 10% whiter light than ordinary 60/55s. I must say their claim holds up. I could test them with about an hour of night driving (mostly city, just a bit of highway).

The light is much brighter and better defined in dim-mode. Objects on the road are illuminated very well. The area of light is also very well-defined, with the borders of the light very evident, and cut-off almost surgically. The light is almost as bright as the 100/80s I was used to, and the light is indeed a bit whiter than the stock H/Ls. All this at the same wattage as stock.

In high-mode, the throw is longer (than stock), and the illumination of far-off objects is excellent. However, illumination of the area right in front of the car is poorer than stock. But then, the driving-lights/puddle-lights do a great job of lighting up this area, so I have no issues there. I did not upgrade the bulbs in the driving lights.

I took a while to decide on these, as they are actually a bit more expensive than a pair of 100/80s with a relay. But because these are of stock wattage, they are plug-n-play: No relay needed. One issue here is that if one bulb blows, I'll need to buy a pair as replacement - these are available only in pairs. But then, the risk of these blowing is much lesser than 100/80s. And, these (supposedly) generate lesser heat than the 100/80s, so the life of the headlight dome (blackening issues) is much less, as against 100/80s.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the light-upgrade.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:00   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@revved_up, congrats! White is the colour for Swifts. Good choice of Alloys and tyres too!

I have Osram Nightbreakers (60/55W) on my Swift. What I'd written about them in my thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...atch-ii-9.html ):
Yep Hydra, that was the post that finally helped me in deciding to go for the stock wattage.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

Thanks for that info buddy!
I think I will go for Osram Nightbreakers(60/55W).
Old 25th May 2008, 00:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

congrats mate on the ride!

am sure you have a lot of people green with envy!

happy motoring mate! :-)
Old 25th May 2008, 14:53   #56
BHPian

The alloys are lovely. Good choice I must say. Enjoy your ride. Am waiting for mine. Hopefully soon. Any plans on ICE upgrade??

Old 25th May 2008, 20:36   #57
BHPian

Thanks mushroomz.. Yep the ICE should be there most probably next weekend!!

Cheers.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:11   #58
BHPian

Mileage

The car has completed a little over 500 Kms now.
I tanked her up today and the FE is 18.3X with 90% AC in city conditions!!!

I was not expecting this much FE after the tyre upsize and also no first service yet, I think the FE figures can only improve from here.
I guess I have indeed changed my driving style allot.

Chees.

Last edited by revved_up : 30th May 2008 at 10:14.
Old 30th May 2008, 13:15   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
The car has completed a little over 500 Kms now.
I tanked her up today and the FE is 18.3X with 90% AC in city conditions!!!

I was not expecting this much FE after the tyre upsize and also no first service yet, I think the FE figures can only improve from here.
I guess I have indeed changed my driving style allot.

Chees.
Good. Pretty much the same figures here. But you have filled up from a different Bunk (I hope) so there might a minor discrepancy in the figure.
Old 30th May 2008, 13:34   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Good. Pretty much the same figures here.
Have you also upsized your tyres?

Quote:
But you have filled up from a different Bunk (I hope) so there might a minor discrepancy in the figure.
I filled up today from IOC opposite hyatt.. but sadly they did not have normal diesel.
So I took the plunge and thought of testing the Extra mile diesel.
How come there will be a discrepancy in filling from different pumps.. AFAIK if the latest one(Hyatt) is showing the correct reading the figures shold be accurate. ryt?

OT: The mileage figures also include about 30-45 min of idling with AC on when the car was stationary at a road side dhaba.

Last edited by revved_up : 30th May 2008 at 13:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks