Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 15:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yet to find time to drive down to sort the krr krr for a ECU exchange test.
JKD,

about the krr krr, do you get the sound when the car is standstill and you rev the engine ? If not then the noise should be related to the transmission /drivetrain.

I've observed this noise sometimes ( dont pay close attention ), but not when the car is stationary.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:07   #17
BHPian

One more thing happened with me about which I have no clue. When I reached Bangalore for the first time with the Safari and while getting into the apartment through the back entrance which has a pretty steep road down to the basement bull refused to reverse to overcome a sharp turn. The space was just about to drive in. The driver stopped and then was trying to reverse. First two times the vehicle didnt respond and went forward to hit the side walls. The third time, clutch burned and the vehicle didnt reverse. The fourth time it somewho was able to pull back and we got in with a scratched right side bumper.

Was very confused to see a 140bhp 320nm bull struggling to reverse back at a steep slope. Any clue why this would have happened ? This is the first scratch I had on my bull. Would advise any new buyers to check the entry to their aprtments (if they are staying in one ) and check which entrance works well with the Bull :-).
Old 28th May 2008, 20:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

>Interesting as you live very near sea area. Heard cars in Alapuzha get bad
> resale coz of rust issue and I have seen Santro in bad condition.

The cars which have stayed with me long enough to have rusted are

Contessa - 75000 kms - 5.5yrs
Sumo - 55000 kms - 3+ years
Safari - 76000 kms - 5.75 years
Indica - 65000kms - 3.75 years

None of the cars had rusting issues when they left me.

The cars are parked with just a roof over them. Three sides are open. No care is taken to park in shades when they are on a trip. Washing is done only when necessary.

My house is about 2.5 kms from the beach.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Vibration? When?
Mine just crossed 8300Kms

Yet to find time to drive down to sort the krr krr for a ECU exchange test.

Waiting for you to courier me the Osrams. In half mind to get 90/100W Rally. Next addon for my Safari will be Bosch Europa horns.
I may drive down to Kulathungal when Bugs gets his beast.
I get vibrations when accelerated fast, say from 1500 to 2500 rpm.The loss of around 500-750 rpm while shifting from 3rd gear to 4rth gear, seems pretty difficult to restore and that could be the cause of vibration,

Got the OSRam Silverstar +50 H4 pair at Rs.380.00 and blue vision H3 at 340.00 for the fog lamp to replace the stock bulbs. Stocks were Philips H4 55/60.

The throw of the light has improved a lot and the overall coverage area has widened. Looking at the light output I felt whether I would have been happier with the night breakers with 90% more light output in comparison to a regular halogen. This is the initial impression and will update you guys soon after finishing a few more kms of night ride.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is the H3 blue vision of the same rating as OEM ?? and no need for any relays etc.

And who fixed them ?? youself or the shop guy.

Can you post a picture with the fog lamps ON , even I want to change to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Got the OSRam Silverstar +50 H4 pair at Rs.380.00 and blue vision H3 at 340.00 for the fog lamp to replace the stock bulbs. Stocks were Philips H4 55/60.

The throw of the light has improved a lot and the overall coverage area has widened. Looking at the light output I felt whether I would have been happier with the night breakers with 90% more light output in comparison to a regular halogen. This is the initial impression and will update you guys soon after finishing a few more kms of night ride.

Last edited by dadu : 29th May 2008 at 09:51.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is the H3 blue vision of the same rating as OEM ?? and no need for any relays etc.

dadu, I got the job done through a local accessory shop at ORR. Fog lamp bulbs are not replaced yet as the bumper needs to be removed. Will have it replaced with the first service and shall post the pictures then. I assume its the same rating as that of OEM. The rating is 55w.
On the cover of the fog lamp bulb its printed +50% just like the way its there on Silverstar packaging and I hope the lighting performance would be similar, except for the color of the light. This one is a bit more on the whiter side but would match Silverstar, thats what the distributor said.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I get vibrations when accelerated fast, say from 1500 to 2500 rpm.The loss of around 500-750 rpm while shifting from 3rd gear to 4rth gear, seems pretty difficult to restore and that could be the cause of vibration,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

Dadu, if you are buying do ping me. Cant get these here and someone will have to courier it to me

There is 500rpm cut everytime you up shift. Try to keep the rpm with 2300-2500 when you need to upshift.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
There is 500rpm cut everytime you up shift. Try to keep the rpm with 2300-2500 when you need to upshift.
das, whats the max rpm limit one can go during running in, 2500 ?. I am restraining the revs around 2k atm. In the manual the limits are given in kms, like the shift from 2nd to 3rd @ 40 when you go up and after running in it is 45.
Old 29th May 2008, 15:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are these genuine Osram bulbs ? I've seen osram bulbs costing upto 1600/- a pair for the H4, and are generally more expensive than philips.

Philips crystal vision costed me around 900/- a pair for H4. from the authorised dealer.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

The driver broke the momentum of the safari on a steep incline and sharp turn. Its a 2 ton vehicle.

Quote:
One more thing happened with me about which I have no clue. When I reached Bangalore for the first time with the Safari and while getting into the apartment through the back entrance which has a pretty steep road down to the basement bull refused to reverse to overcome a sharp turn. The space was just about to drive in. The driver stopped and then was trying to reverse. First two times the vehicle didnt respond and went forward to hit the side walls. The third time, clutch burned and the vehicle didnt reverse. The fourth time it somewho was able to pull back and we got in with a scratched right side bumper.

Was very confused to see a 140bhp 320nm bull struggling to reverse back at a steep slope. Any clue why this would have happened ? This is the first scratch I had on my bull. Would advise any new buyers to check the entry to their aprtments (if they are staying in one ) and check which entrance works well with the Bull :-).
Old 29th May 2008, 16:16   #26
BHPian

Reclaimed my Life with Safari 2.2 VTT Pearl White

Congrats Vroom,

I would just like to know why do u want to switch to Normal Fuel,Premium Brand is better- it cleans the injectors so in a way you can get 3- Normal fuel and afterwhich 2-times premium brand.

Do let me know your opinion on the same...

Thanks
Old 29th May 2008, 17:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Are these genuine Osram bulbs ? I've seen osram bulbs costing upto 1600/- a pair for the H4, and are generally more expensive than philips.

Philips crystal vision costed me around 900/- a pair for H4. from the authorised dealer.
The bulbs are genuine, yes its bought from the authorized distributor of osram at Bangalore. The reference was given by their bangalore marketing guy. 1600/- ones could be the nightbreaker series which is +90% and lights up the road farther than other bulbs.

http://www.osram.com/nightbreaker

Check out the above link for details on that one. The one that I bought is from the Silverstar series.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Congrats Vroom,

I would just like to know why do u want to switch to Normal Fuel,Premium Brand is better- it cleans the injectors so in a way you can get 3- Normal fuel and afterwhich 2-times premium brand.

Do let me know your opinion on the same...

Thanks
The switch is because high speed diesel in the Users Manual corresponds to Normal diesel as per the discussion happened here and with the use of premium diesel before 1st serivce the fuel pump gets affected. This is what other dicor owners had to say and recommend. Hope I am clear.
Old 29th May 2008, 19:30   #29
BHPian

Congratulations for the new vehicle vroom. It looks lovely.
ps: Do you have the high quality version of the photo of the Safari with the green leaves as the background?
Old 29th May 2008, 19:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just to clearup the manual states the BS3 fuel specification which is met by both Normal & Premium diesel.

No specific instruction on NOT using the premium or USING the normal ONLY.

Quote:
The switch is because high speed diesel in the Users Manual corresponds to Normal diesel as per the discussion happened here and with the use of premium diesel before 1st serivce the fuel pump gets affected. This is what other dicor owners had to say and recommend. Hope I am clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks