Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 22:16   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
now all you need is petes.
hmm. you didnt seem to see my earlier reply?
Old 17th September 2008, 22:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Perfect match for the Innovas Biege interiors. Pure leather grip for 300, I would say is good deal.
Congrats.
Thank you. Suggestion from T-BHP members helped me a lot in deciding on the vehicle and its accessories.
Old 17th September 2008, 22:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
hmm. you didnt seem to see my earlier reply?
I did see your reply. Read your posting on Pete's box installed on your vehicle also. It is a decision that i have to take on whether alloy's or pete's box first.
Old 7th December 2008, 23:05   #64
BHPian

Update after 5k kms

Hi Team,

My Innova has clocked 5k kms in just over 4 months. Approximately, half of this is on highways and the other half in city/town. I am enjoying driving this vehicle and always look forward to the next long distance drive. Plus points with this vehicle
  • Excellent road presence.
Truckers/Buses/Taxis/Maxicabs coming in the opposite direction stop their pranks of overtaking when i approach from the opposite side. I have had previous experience in similar situation in a Maruti Omni. They used to care a damn and many times I had to get down the road to avoid collision.
  • Comfort during long drives.
The longest drive i have done so far is just over 8 hours (non-stop) and you dont feel tired during or after the journey. The seats give good support to the back and thigh. I have not had any passengers sitting in the front and back complain either. The suspension is good and can cover up a fair bit of potholed roads without much discomfort. The view of the road for the driver is excellent.
  • Good for city drive.
Even in slow moving traffic you can manage with 3rd gear. The torque on this gear is excellent. Hardly need to use 1st & 2nd gears in slow moving traffic. Of course, if there is a need to stop, then i always start on the 1st gear.
  • Good mileage for a vehicle this big.
For covering 5145 kms (that's the odo reading till today), i have used up 374.36 litres of Diesel, giving an average of 13.74kmpl. The best mileage is 15.12kmpl and the least is 11.72kmpl. All mileage measurements are on full tank method and i drive with a/c always on.
Minus points
  • Blind spot
The front right hand corner of the vehicle is a blind spot. It can be a problem in city traffic when the 2 wheelers sneak into the available space. Almost banged into a 2 wheeler a few days back. He was not there when i stopped at a signal, but sneaked in later and was exactly standing at this blind spot. The signal turned green and luckily I saw him at the last moment & had to brake very hard. Could not avoid a slight scratch on the bumper though.
  • AC struggles to cool during peak sunshine (12 noon to 3pm). I have sun control film (3M) on all 4 windows and the rear wind shield. But the front wind shield is large and if the sun is exactly above or in the front, lots of heat comes in and reduces the a/c effect. During other times of the day the a/c effect is very good. Does putting sun control film on the front wind shield solve this problem?
Ravindu Toyota had arranged a CIP (Customer Interaction Program) during Oct 2008. This was for the people who took delivery of Innova during June 2008. I was shocked to see that i was the only person to attend this program. This was on a Saturday at 5.30pm. They mentioned that they sold 65 vehicles during June 2008 and 35 people confirmed their participation. Ultimately only one guy was present. During this meet, i had to give them feedback on the pre-sales and post-sales experience. While i had good pre-sales experience, the post-sales experience (during 1st service) was not good (i have mentioned this in detail in my previous post).

I was pleased to see today that they have corrected themselves and the quality of service met my expectations. The service supervisor attended to me on time, and delivery was also on time. I had my left door rattling a bit, and when driving on potholed roads (like Shiradi Ghat), i could hear some rattling on the underside of the vehicle). Both these problems were fixed today.

Will keep giving periodic updates as the odo keeps ticking.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu

MODS: Request you to change the title to "Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today: EDIT: Update after 5k kms)
Old 7th December 2008, 23:35   #65
BHPian

Crisp review. I've never driven an Innova but people always have nice things to say about the vehicle, especially the suspension and drive. The mileage you are getting is very good for such a big vehicle that too with AC on always.

Keep driving.
Old 7th December 2008, 23:41   #66
Team-BHP Support

whens the petes box coming?
Old 7th December 2008, 23:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

nice update buddy,

BTW today I realized how powerful this machine is. Today I had some spirited driving race(I do it very rarely, but being sunday) with an Innova while coming from Dharuhera to Gurgaon. And boy this car was taking a breath out of my SX4, though my SX4 was more comfortable and fast while overtaking in between small spaces
Old 8th December 2008, 10:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Akshay,

I dont have plans right now, maybe after 10k kms. Your ownership report with Pete's tuning box is very tempting though.

Old 8th December 2008, 12:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Will Petes not void the warranty?
Old 8th December 2008, 12:11   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Will Petes not void the warranty?
its been for the service thrice with the box installed and i havent heard any complaints.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
its been for the service thrice with the box installed and i havent heard any complaints.
Do you mean to say, it is difficult to find/notice? I was not aware about this small size of the fitment. That sounds great!

Cheers!!!
Old 8th December 2008, 12:38   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Do you mean to say, it is difficult to find/notice? I was not aware about this small size of the fitment. That sounds great!

Cheers!!!
its not really that small but it dosent really stick out too. maybe my toyota dealer dosent mind it.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prabhu,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
For covering 5145 kms (that's the odo reading till today), i have used up 374.36 litres of Diesel, giving an average of 13.74kmpl. The best mileage is 15.12kmpl and the least is 11.72kmpl. All mileage measurements are on full tank method and i drive with a/c always on.
Excellent mileage! My V model over a distance of 26123kms gave an overall average of 12.21kpl with AC on. My best was just 14.3kpl.

Akshay,

Quote:
its not really that small but it dosent really stick out too. maybe my toyota dealer dosent mind it.
They might mind and tell you when you claim some warranty!
Old 10th December 2008, 19:27   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

They might mind and tell you when you claim some warranty!
if i do have to claim warranty ill make sure i remove it.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:19   #75
BHPian

Update at 10,000 kms ODO reading

My Innova clocked 10,000 kms last week and on 30th June 09, it will be the 1st anniversary of ownership. In the last one year, there are many good things to say and hardly any bad things about the vehicle as well as the A.S.S. Considering the quantity of Diesel that i have filled and the kms that it has run, i have a FE of 13.80kms/litre (i run with a/c always on). I have now standarised on Shell Diesel (opp L&T Komatsu on Bellary Road) or BP (Kalyan Nagar) and the mileage has been good and consistent. Around 6200 kms have been clocked on the highways and the balance in the cities. The vehicle feels good to drive both on the highways and in the city. The comfort for both the driver and the passengers on long drives is excellent and fatigue factor is extremely minimal. This is the single most plus point for this vehicle. Not only my family members, but relatives / friends who have accompanied us on the vehicle also vouch for this.

At 10,000 kms, the vehicle is due for oil & oil filter change. Booked with Ravindu Toyota for service on 17th June 09 at 6.30am. Was able to reach on the dot in view of the empty roads. Opted for the "Express Service". I was able to view my vehicle getting serviced from the customer lounge. They have glass in between the lounge and the workshop and one can view vehicles getting serviced. I did not have any complaints/repair apart from the periodic checks / changes to parts as recommended by Toyota. The vehicle was ready at 8.40am and drove to office after that.

I am planning to add aircon for the second and third rows. Checked with both Ravindu & Nandi Toyota and the prices are Rs.1.3 lakhs & Rs.75,000 respectively. Both these are over the phone and did not pursue with a visit and negotiation. I did see posts by other members mention about this a/c fitment at less than Rs.30,000 (fitted at the dealership). If anyone can throw more light on this, i will be grateful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks