Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 09:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Not following your own advise, eh ?!
Well I was kinda screwed for choice wrt availability of tyres when I took delivery of my car... but no regret as such either

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Why ZXI alloys ? I believe he can get a better choice of alloys than the stock ZXI ones.
Yes there's always something better and more expensive but ZXI option is something he can get from Maruti itself and its cost effective.

The tyres are whats important and not so much the rims so I suggested it considering its the company car and one might not want to go all out on it.

Besides the ZXI rims compliment the sunlight copper pretty decently imho.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:13   #17
BHPian

Hello Everyone

The upgradation of tyres and switch to alloy wheels was something that I pondered over for a lot of time! After a lot of deliberation, I have decided against it for the time being. I will be doing the upgrade only if I decide to keep the car even after the lease period!

@Souljah: since you are suggesting the ZXi rims and tyres, any idea on how much they would cost?
Old 27th August 2008, 11:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

@mtnrajdeep congrats on the new DDiS. Enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Besides the ZXI rims compliment the sunlight copper pretty decently imho.
Someone is protecting snowflake's sexy legs here i can smell that. just kidding

@mtnrajdeep get the same alloys like snowflake they r like sexiest pair of swifty legs
Old 27th August 2008, 12:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

nice buy but why this move from Sedan to Hatchback
Old 27th August 2008, 12:40   #20
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hello Everyone

The upgradation of tyres and switch to alloy wheels was something that I pondered over for a lot of time! After a lot of deliberation, I have decided against it for the time being. I will be doing the upgrade only if I decide to keep the car even after the lease period!

@Souljah: since you are suggesting the ZXi rims and tyres, any idea on how much they would cost?
ZXi alloys will set you back 22K from the dealer, IMHO there are much better alloys at lower cost available.Also note that the rim width of the ZXI is only 5.5J while for most of the others are 6J providing better options for tyre up gradation.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
nice buy but why this move from Sedan to Hatchback
He didn't sell his SX4. This is just an addition.

Actually, lots of my friends keep 2 cars. One Sedan/SUV and one hatch.
Swift is the best sporty hatch out there.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I spent no time at all thinking about alloys: I just told the company I wanted alloys!

I'm perfectly happy with the result, though, but (err, obviously...) I'm not a connoisseur of these things, just actively dislike plain steel wheel rims.

I did have to fight over the bolts, though: they just put the ordinary bolts back, and I had to make a scene in the showroom to get them changed.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:50   #23
BHPian

@gowda79: The SX4 will be back in my hometown and will be used by my in-laws, with them paying the emi as well. I wanted to make use of the company car policy and hence this decision.

@Thad: I happen to like the 2008 style wheel covers on the Swift. I too dislike the plain rims like on the LXi!

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 27th August 2008 at 14:51.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Someone is protecting snowflake's sexy legs here i can smell that. just kidding

@mtnrajdeep get the same alloys like snowflake they r like sexiest pair of swifty legs
Paaaji, yeh sab kya hai?

She is blushing with your compliments but then they definately not the sexiest, ehehe. She knows that too
Old 28th August 2008, 14:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

Yes there's always something better and more expensive but ZXI option is something he can get from Maruti itself and its cost effective.
Actually, not. I's enquired at RNS abt the Zxi rims during a friend's Vxi booking. The cost quoted was more than a set of 5 Lenso 15" rims. The best option is to hunt for 2nd hand Zxi rims if the owner is keen on them.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:11   #26
BHPian

Plati 14" rims cost about 15.5k for a set of 5 for the swift.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:46   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Thad: I happen to like the 2008 style wheel covers on the Swift. I too dislike the plain rims like on the LXi!
To be honest, I didn't really check it out, but just thought, yes, need alloys.

Now I'm going to be looking at other cars to see if I could have saved the money!
Old 28th August 2008, 17:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Actually, not. I's enquired at RNS abt the Zxi rims during a friend's Vxi booking. The cost quoted was more than a set of 5 Lenso 15" rims.
I stand corrected, guess I was misinformed.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:49   #29
BHPian

So it had to happen finally!!! Yesterday night, while crossing over the numerous speed breakers between Salarpuria and ITPL, I went over a speedbreaker which had a pothole right after it! I heard a loud THUD sound and got really worried thinking that the underbody or the running boards would have got a dent! Stopped the car immediately and checked underbody.

To my surprise I found that the bottom of the entire running board is covered with a hard black plastic cover and it gets scraped and protects the running boards from any damage!cheers: Very thoughtful of Maruti to provide this! Went home with a much calmer mind after this.

Coming to think of this, the recent rains in Bangalore have really made the roads much more worse than before with bigger crater's et all! The SX4 is really the car for such roads since the high GC would easily help it clear bad roads. I should be getting out of the habit of driving the way I used to drive the SX4 to avoid such scrapes!
Old 29th August 2008, 16:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
crossing over the numerous speed breakers between Salarpuria and ITPL, I went over a speedbreaker which had a pothole right after it! I heard a loud THUD sound

To my surprise I found that the bottom of the entire running board is covered with a hard black plastic cover and it gets scraped and protects the running boards from any damage
Sorry to hear about the incident. Where exactly did it happen ?

Plastic cover concept is new to me. Never saw it. Let me relook at my silver star today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks