Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 12:12   #1
BHPian

Finally, My Swift has arrived!

A few months after buying my SX4,a company car policy was newly introduced in my organization!

Since I wanted to derive benefits of the scheme, I opted for the plan and booked a Swift VDi. I had expected the car to be delivered much sooner because of the corporate quota but since I had opted for ABS, the delivery time was mentioned as 4 months!
A few calls to the dealer did not yeild any positive results with the contact person offering to deliver a VDi without ABS if I wanted the car sooner. Preferred waiting for the sake of the safety feature!

In the course of the waiting period, the price of the car went up and so did the road tax rate in Karnataka. This pushed the car price very close to the limit I was eligible for and I was hoping that there are no further price increases before the car delivery.

Finally, after waiting for almost 4 months, I called up the dealer to find out that the vehicle was in transit. A few days went by with frantic calls to the dealer asking if the vehicle had arrived so that I could check the vehicle in the stockyard! However, these efforts went to naught as I was informed that the vehicle was delayed because of the rains. Also visited the showroom to have a look at a few accessories and finalised the following during the meantime:
1. Llumar SR 35 Black Tints
2. MGA Security System
3. Bumper Guards
4. Door Beadings
5. Door Sill Guards and
6. Underbody Anti Rust Coating.

A couple of days later, the dealer informed me that the vehicle had arrived and whether he could send it for registration and fitting of the accessories ordered. He assured me that there would be no damage to the vehicle and I need not worry about a defective vehicle being delivered as it would taint their reputation. Since the vehicle was on company lease, I agreed and the vehicle was registered by the dealer on 20-Aug-08. I informed the dealer that I would take delivery on 23-Aug-08. I was given a 10% discount on the accessories fitted along with mudflaps and mats.

So, on 23rd Morning, I reached the showroom for taking delivery of the car. I found the contact person and went through the formalities with the dealer explaining all the documents, the tools provided and various other questions posed by me. OVerall, I found the delivery experience much better when compared to the SX4 purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-showroom.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-showroomback.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-showroomside.jpg  

Old 26th August 2008, 12:15   #2
BHPian

We then started checking the car and got the minor things fixed by the workers there! Finally asked the salesperson to tell me about the various lights on the dashboard since I was moving from a petrol to a diesel. Observed that the odo read 24 km at the showroom. They were able to explain most of the warning lights except for the water in fuel filter warning.

I thanked the salesperson and then went to the nearby fuel station to get the tank filled. To my suprise, the salesperson took the effort to come to the station and tell the pump attendant to tank up my car after first filling in the 5 litres that is provided by the dealer!
Then I was off for getting the seat covers!! Finally got the puja done during the evening.

Since I moved from an SX4, the car feels a lot noisier. Once on the move, it becomes quieter when running in the 1500-2000 rpm range! Brakes are adequate for the city when compared to the very powerful brakes in the SX4. The acceleration is amazing, especially when the turbo comes into the picture. I have been sticking to the below 2000 rpm limit with occasional runs to 3000 rpm. On one clear stretch, I was just able to touch 100 kmph and the car felt good!

I have to take extended warranty and will be doing so soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-during-pooja.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-home.jpg  

Old 26th August 2008, 12:30   #3
BHPian

Congrats mate! Enjoy the ride and yeah as they say, keep the rubber side down.

~LT
Old 26th August 2008, 12:32   #4
BHPian

Congrats.
I love the Metallic Sunlight Copper color.
I somehow don't like the black plastic strips on doors and bumpers.
It doesn't look good on swift.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rajdeep.
The move has been quite good from Zen - SX4 - Swift ;-)
Old 26th August 2008, 13:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Raj.

Good of you to give safety a top priority.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new addition
Quote:
I have to take extended warranty and will be doing so soon!
So when are you taking the extended "vacation"
Old 26th August 2008, 13:33   #8
BHPian

Love the sunlight copper color. Good to see that you performed the pooja at ganesh temple, aecs layout.

As someone rightly pointed out, I am somehow uncomfortable with door beading and bumper beading for swift. It spoils the looks and finish, thats my personal opinion.

You got the vehicle pretty quick. My friends are quoted a waiting time of 6-8 months for VDI w ABS.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:01   #9
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the wishes!

I feel that the beadings and bumper guards help in avoiding some scratches and so opted for it!

@Lambuhere1: It was the nearest temple to my house! I should give credit for the faster delivery to the dealer! They had quoted exactly 4 months as the waiting period in the initial quote that was given to Leaseplan and the vehicle was in transit by the due date! They took just about 3 more days to complete the formalities.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:30   #10
BHPian

What is "Door Sill Guards"?
Old 26th August 2008, 17:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on you new addition. Do change its shoes. Will look more better. Just take care of the run in period...
Old 26th August 2008, 18:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

The skylight copper is my new favorite color for the Swift. I hope it doesn't lose its charm with so many opting for it apparently now!
Enjoy your Swift and do let us know driving experiences after a while.
Congrats on the purchase.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey!!! Congrats... verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry sweet car

Dont mean to spoil your fun but this maybe a good time to upgrade tyres. See if you can switch to the ZXi alloys and get 195/65/14 should be enough.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:35   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
See if you can switch to the ZXi alloys and get 195/65/14 should be enough.

Not following your own advise, eh ?!
Old 27th August 2008, 09:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
See if you can switch to the ZXi alloys and get 195/65/14 should be enough.
Why ZXI alloys ? I believe he can get a better choice of alloys than the stock ZXI ones.

Most Viewed