Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 19:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Hey rudrah, I wouldn't advise Shaman to any Fiat owner. Take a look at these threads:Why don't you try Wasan? It is closer to Vashi than Sewri and I haven't heard anything bad about them as yet.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
That's the problem with Tata dealers selling Fiat cars- In fact the MJD I tested at Fortune, had the speedo cut off. When I asked about this to the salesperson, he said it's normal. I guess, this car will go to an unsuspecting owner Also didn't hear good reviews about Wasan as well.
At maruti- things were pretty organised, the salesperson checked the speedo readings both before and after the TD.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Hey rudrah, I wouldn't advise Shaman to any Fiat owner. Take a look at these threads:Why don't you try Wasan? It is closer to Vashi than Sewri and I haven't heard anything bad about them as yet.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
If you see, every service centre has a bad experience, theres not one you can say is good with no complaints!

Regarding Shaman, atleast where i've read the experiences and shared the same from existing Palio users, they are better off than others since earlier they were authorised dealers for Fiat cars only so their service engineers have better knowledge of Fiat cars!

Even at Fortune Cars at Nerul, the delivery incharge guyz himself recommended me to Shaman

i've also not researched about Wasan yet...my existing Palio friends have recommended Shaman only. I supposed Mumbai Palio owners can share their experience too.

I dont know how effectivethis can be today. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Atleast i can say, never go to Fortune Cars for sales and service. They are pathetic in every department!!

Cheers~
Old 7th October 2008, 12:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
DueLLeR
See here's the thing, you see those negatives reviews here because Shaman is probably the oldest Fiat dealer in Mumbai. Naturally you get to read more reviews, either positive or negative, about these blokes more than you can get to read about a Fortune or Wasan.

I've been a Shaman customer since 2003. Its obvious to say that they have botched up a couple of times, but its been a satisfactory experience apart from that. The moot point is their knowledge and experience which is gained from years of experience working on Fiat cars. To this day, you will find service engineers who been there since the Uno/Siena days. Plus, they are customer friendly at most times.

Wasan, on the other hand are pure Tata dealers and service people who have just got their hands on Fiat cars. So, I'd recommend Shaman any given day.

P.S. - Almost forgot, congratulations on that shiny set of wheels. Good Luck!

Last edited by roms : 7th October 2008 at 12:57.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Will listen sharply and let you by tomorrow. BTW my tank is not so quite yet.
I couldn't hear the pump once the engine starts. May be need to hear back from other Palio MJD owners as well.
Old 7th October 2008, 14:28   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't hear the pump once the engine starts. May be need to hear back from other Palio MJD owners as well.
You cannot hear the pump after the car starts, its only when you turn the ignition key to 'Mar' position that you can hear the fuel pump getting ready to do its job. Its something that has been on all versions of the Palio since day 1. And its not audible on any or most other cars.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
You cannot hear the pump after the car starts, its only when you turn the ignition key to 'Mar' position that you can hear the fuel pump getting ready to do its job. Its something that has been on all versions of the Palio since day 1. And its not audible on any or most other cars.
Thank you, lightpower & roms. The fuel pump noise on my MJD seems to be reducing with subsequent refuelling. Or may be I'm getting used to it.

Slightly OT, but I used to hear the fuel pump noise on my Zen, when it was new too. These days, I don't.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 7th October 2008, 15:39   #67
BANNED

Congrats on your new car, enjoy the ride

Quote:
Just spoke to a colleague who owns an MJD. My belief and his statement is that the turbo kicks in at around 1800 rpm and can be felt at around 2000 rpm in the MJD. The Fiat-India website doesn't say when the turbo kicks in. Can someone confirm?
Also, what are the pit falls of not using the turbo during run-in besides lower FE or performance?
Cheers!
DueLLeR
The turbo kicks in at 1800-2100 rpm alright but if you accelerate very gradually you won't notice the kick.
No pitfalls or anything just drive at normal speeds for each gear and stay within 2500rpm until first service.

Quote:
Thank you, lightpower & roms. The fuel pump noise on my MJD seems to be reducing with subsequent refuelling. Or may be I'm getting used to it.
Slightly OT, but I used to hear the fuel pump noise on my Zen, when it was new too. These days, I don't.
Cheers!
DueLLeR
I don't think we hear the sound of a fuel pump while starting, it is only the ignition sound that we hear, isn't it?
Old 7th October 2008, 15:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Congrats on your new car, enjoy the ride

The turbo kicks in at 1800-2100 rpm alright but if you accelerate very gradually you won't notice the kick.
No pitfalls or anything just drive at normal speeds for each gear and stay within 2500rpm until first service.

I don't think we hear the sound of a fuel pump while starting, it is only the ignition sound that we hear, isn't it?
Thank you, zaks. I'm shifting at 2k and the acceleration is very good. Fuel pump is quiet audible in the Palio before ignition. The orange light on the dashboard goes off when the pump has done its job, and so does the noise.

AFAIK, Fuel pump noise is present on every car. Only some are louder. Perhaps, you could try parking your car in a silent environment and turn the key until just before the cranking. You should be able to hear it.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 7th October 2008, 17:27   #69
BHPian

UPDATE:

Just refueled the beauty for the 2nd time, first time being immediately after delivery. FE after 300kms on the ODO is 17.87 to a litre. 95% AC usage. Driving conditions, 70% highway & 30% city.

Also noticed that there is water dripping under the car, right below where the gear lever is located. This happens only when the AC is on. I know Mumbai is very humid these days, but is this normal for an MJD?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 7th October 2008, 17:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

17.87 litre with 70-30 Highway / City is pretty good.
Enjoy the ride man.
The MJD is ruling the hearts of Hatch lovers these days.
Btw nice colour choice , i like the Palio in red white and silver only
Old 7th October 2008, 17:43   #71
BHPian

it is common for the water dripping.its from the A/C.so do not be alarmed.it happens in every car dude.
Old 14th October 2008, 00:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
The orange light on the dashboard goes off when the pump has done its job, and so does the noise. AFAIK, Fuel pump noise is present on every car. Only some are louder. Perhaps, you could try parking your car in a silent environment and turn the key until just before the cranking. You should be able to hear it.
The orange light on the dashboard goes off in just 2-3 sec,not sure whats going on in your car dude.
Fuel pump noise is present on every car,Only some are louder
but I dont think this happens in my car or i have heard from the rest of the pal,I do park my car every day in a silent environment ,its just that the ignition sound that we hear as said by zak.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
The orange light on the dashboard goes off in just 2-3 sec,not sure whats going on in your car dude.
Fuel pump noise is present on every car,Only some are louder
but I dont think this happens in my car or i have heard from the rest of the pal,I do park my car every day in a silent environment ,its just that the ignition sound that we hear as said by zak.
That's exactly what I meant, jazzy_2cool. The orange light goes off in 2 to 3 seconds. About the fuel pump noise characteristic, it is a high frequency, continuous whine. It's quiet inaudible, actually. I can hear it in my 4 year old Zen too, albeit much fainter. With the new car madness kicking in, I was only a little picky about little things. Thanks for your response, though.

UPDATE:

Had a long drive over the weekend to Alibaug and back, totalling to about 250kms. The MJD returned 19.82 kmpl with 50% AC usage. The car has done about 800kms in a week!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 14th October 2008, 14:58   #74
BHPian

COngrats dude!! Have a safe ride with the Palio!!!!!!
Old 14th October 2008, 15:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Had a long drive over the weekend to Alibaug and back, totalling to about 250kms. The MJD returned 19.82 kmpl with 50% AC usage. The car has done about 800kms in a week!
Now Thats a Wow,I am sure the FE will go up soon after the 1st service .cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks