Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 00:49   #16
BHPian

hey dueller
congratz dude!
the MJD is a real good car which isnt really meeting the success it deserves.
i TD it a couple of times and found it to be on par with any powerfull petrol car.
fortune motors in thane claims to have sold 30 MJD last month!
so is it really meeting the suuccess that it deserves?
happy waiting and do post pics
Old 25th September 2008, 06:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
hey dueller
congratz dude!
i TD it a couple of times and found it to be on par with any powerfull petrol car.
Dude Not sure on the sales figure in mumbai, But Here in Bangalore Its Raining MJD
Old 25th September 2008, 10:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
I hope I have not offended anyone, all this is personal preference and I have only stated mine.
chill dude! cheers: no offence taken or meant here
Old 26th September 2008, 03:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
hey dueller
congratz dude!
Really, I don't see much MJD's around in Thane. In fact, when I took the MJD out for the test drive at fortune thane, a potential customer came upto me and started asking me the details. I just told him that - it's this same engine that's there in the vista. I drove both the cars back to back, first the quadrajet and then MJD, I got more driving confidence on the MJD- especially the pedal position, the dead pedal.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Really, I don't see much MJD's around in Thane. In fact, when I took the MJD out for the test drive at fortune thane, a potential customer came upto me and started asking me the details. I just told him that - it's this same engine that's there in the vista. I drove both the cars back to back, first the quadrajet and then MJD, I got more driving confidence on the MJD- especially the pedal position, the dead pedal.
Ditto for my ride from Navi Mumbai to Andheri each day. Don't see much of MJDs. Even the Stile (MJD or not) is a rare sighting! I guess it is a good thing for Stile owners, since it remains unique. I just hope it doesn't remain too unique and vanish into obscurity like the Matiz & Cielo!

At least 4 out of 10 small cars is a Swift (Diesel or Petrol), making it too common on the road. Is the Swift heading towards becoming the Pulsar of 4-wheelers?
Old 26th September 2008, 13:44   #21
BANNED

I think because of the lack of advertising the people are buying the Palio if they come across it while on their buying sortie. Why doesn't Fiat do any advertising?
Old 26th September 2008, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I think because of the lack of advertising the people are buying the Palio if they come across it while on their buying sortie. Why doesn't Fiat do any advertising?
After the near bankruptcy, Fiat India is now TATA's adopted, step child. If not for the JV with TATA, Fiat India would have gone the Daewoo way. Fiat remains a brand surviving on TATA's goodwill. It is quiet understandable that TATA would advertise and promote their own products first. I just hope TATA doesn't treat Fiat customers second to their own.

As for advertising, it is always an expense and overhead for organizations. It would make no sense for TATA to further reduce profits from FIAT by spending on advertising. IMHO, Fiat cars displayed side-by-side to the Tata ones is good enough advertising for an adopted brand.

As for why people buy the Palio or other Fiats, I'll quote my own example. Have been a Maruti customer for over 6 years. I had a chance encounter with the MJD and fell in love with the engine. My first choice is still the Swift VDi, simply because of Maruti's outstanding customer service, ownership experience and after-sales-support. In my case, the same engine in a better-built car and the long wait periods for the Swift worked in Fiat/Tata's favour.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 26th September 2008, 14:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
i heard "unofficially" from a Tata/Fiat salesman that MJD would be discontinued soon. Ratan Tata also hinted at it during the launch of Vista when he said that Tata and Fiat wouldnt be competing in the same segment.

this was the reason i dumped MJD in favor of Vista. when i sell it 3-4 yrs later, i want a good resale value.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:29   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
this was the reason i dumped MJD in favor of Vista. when i sell it 3-4 yrs later, i want a good resale value.
I don't even have the idea of when I would be selling the car, and I expect to own it for a looooong time ; well, at least until it shows up 100,000 km on the odo or the spares dry up or it totals due to some misfortune.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:36   #25
BHPian

ppl are going for maruti because of the superior ***, better resale value and general mechanical reliability.
fiat needs to inprove their *** and provide easily available spares for their cars to be successfull
Old 26th September 2008, 14:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i heard "unofficially" from a Tata/Fiat salesman that MJD would be discontinued soon. Ratan Tata also hinted at it during the launch of Vista when he said that Tata and Fiat wouldnt be competing in the same segment.

Oh geez! CtrlAltDel, your post has me in splits! I hope what you've stated doesn't come true. I've booked the MJD and paid the booking amount. I plan to keep the MJD for around 50k kms or 4 years, which ever comes first. Don't want a terrible resale value for a good car!

Calling all experts on this forum: Should I cancel my MJD booking and endure the waiting period for the Swift VDi instead? Your advice will save me thousands, if not lakhs!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 26th September 2008, 15:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yaar,

that is NOT true.

I've had enough close interactions with the zonal sales managerial staff in sales, after sales and its not true. Neither GP/Linea can manage the volumes. That Palio itself is being mis-pushed is a separate issue.

What Ctrl-Alt-Del mentions is EXACTLY the kind of misinformation being spread by Tata.

PM me and I'll share enough Tata guys' numbers for you to chill.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:45   #28
BHPian

congrats DueLLeR, you made right choice. sure you will enjoy the beauty for some time to come.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:50   #29
BHPian

hey dueller..
relax yaar..
aisa kuch nahi hone wala kam se kam 3 saaal tak.
the MJD has done better than FIAT had imagined it will
Old 26th September 2008, 16:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dueller!! Good choice and Magnesium Grey is a nice color as well!

With regards to Fiat MJD being discontinued, i have also heard too much of mis-info being spread but i doubt it yaar! Fiat-Tata will not be naive to introduce a car in 2008 and stop it in 2009. Like shantyrocks has quoted, atleast for the next 3 years, the car should be in production.

It seems to be raining (or rather drizzling ) MJD's recently on T-BHP!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks