Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
3. Gears will be little stiff in the begining and should soften over time and use. Bring it to their notice nevertheless in the first service.
Problem is only with the 1st and 2nd Gear. However will put that in notice@service
5. Yep. Brakes are not as powerful as they should have been for a 1.6 engine.
Too bad and scary!!
7. Get the ORVM's tightened during the first service.
Yeah i thought so its loosend..
8. The doors are heavy and need a little push. Dont be too soft on your new babe
Nope..not being too soft..but as compared to the back doors, front doors r not so easy to close..and i dont like to bang like being in a TAXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Rudrah,

Congratulations and welcome to the 1.6 sports club. you will love every minute of driving this car. specially on highways

Some pictures of your new car please
Thanks Ravi...i'm eager to touch highways for a long trip!! will post the pics soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
7. OVRMS vibrate in any small jerks also, is this normal. I didnt observed in Indica -
You need to get this thing tightened.
8. Front doors dont close in a single normal thud, need to put bit of force!
Boy, in Palio the doors are made to close step-wise. Thats a feature to avoid sudden close of doors especially when your car is parked in one side being on higher level than the normal ground level. This is a feature buddy, not an issue actually in the car So be happy with this.
Yea i did found that in the first instance of the 3 steps closure of the doors..its quite useful! But its like when you want to close the door at one instance..it doesnt close easily! I can see the door symbol on the screen. Not a big issue thou so i can live with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Point 2: that's the power steering unit humming that you hear - my 1.6 has the same issue. Nothing to worry about.

Point 6: You wouldn't have anybody against their will in your car now would you and in case of kids - doors do have a child-lock setting.

Welcome to the 1.6 club - Happy motoring!
thanks Viper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post

Guys,

The older Palio 1.6 GTX and Palio Stile 1.6 Sport share same engine or it's different?
Yes it shares the same engine but seems tuned for BIII norms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
1. Humming on reverse
This is common and no issues

2.Power Steering
Avoid turning the steering to the extreme ends and holding it for some time. This could damage the pump in the long run. You need to keep the steering just short of the extreme. You will get the "andaaz" after a few days.

Enjoy the Firebird (FYI I bought my 1.2 Sports at 4.8 L :()
Will check about the Steering wheel...

Yesterday my cousin bought a used 2002 Palio 1.2 Sports Red clocked 33000kms at 1.45L in good condition so i can guess the sad smiley on ur mess!

Overtaking and handling at low speeds even at 3rd is great without any jerks!

I hope Fiat officially launch CNG option by next year...i heard in a news column!

Thanks n cheers~
Old 10th October 2008, 16:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post

Guys,

The older Palio 1.6 GTX and Palio Stile 1.6 Sport share same engine or it's different?
They share the same engine and the same specs. There are just a few cosmetic changes which has made the Palio Stile 1.6 sport lighter in weight by around 40-50kgs (not sure of the exact figure). This has resulted in a slight increase in the average. But that is it.

Both the cars should deliver the same performance, though a few of those who have driven both the cars suggest that there is a slight decline in performance in the new Stile.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
6. Reg Centralised locking, anybody can open the door while the car is in motion..this is not the case in Indica where the driverside locks it from his side so others cant open it unless the driver unlocks it.
What?!! You can always lock the doors from inside. (Manually just lock the driver side door from inside and all the doors get locked) I always do this before I start moving.

And I think in any car, others can still unlock and open their own doors from inside after the driver has locked centrally.

Last edited by clevermax : 10th October 2008 at 17:01.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What?!! You can always lock the doors from inside. (Manually just lock the driver side door from inside and all the doors get locked) I always do this before I start moving.

And I think in any car, others can still unlock and open their own doors from inside after the driver has locked centrally.
Ofcourse I do push the lock inside to lock centralised however anyone sittin in back or besides me can plug out and open the door..
Incase of Indica which i saw, the driverside has the option to lock the central lock and hence other passengers cant open unless driver unlockes it.

Correct me if i'm wrong..
Old 10th October 2008, 17:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy your car. Sorry about the initial jitters in getting it.
This is a wonderful car and you'll love driving it. Drive safe and forget the initial problems getting it delivered
Do post pics soon!
Old 10th October 2008, 17:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse I do push the lock inside to lock centralised however anyone sittin in back or besides me can plug out and open the door..
Incase of Indica which i saw, the driverside has the option to lock the central lock and hence other passengers cant open unless driver unlockes it.

I haven't seen one like this. Have seen a case where once you switch on the engine, the doors get locked but they can still be opened by applying little force. But by doing this, the Central locking mechanism can have issues.
Also, it would be very painful to always switch off the car to open all doors. It would also not be a very safe option, in case of accidents. Passengers may get stuck inside.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Rudrah, you are right. The way it works in the Stile (1.6 or MJD) is that the driver's side can lock all doors. If any of the other doors are unlocked, all doors get unlocked simultaneously. However, in my Zen, this is not the case. Any other door being unlocked, unlocks ONLY that door.
Palio Stile (1.6/SDX)

Driver's side: Locks all doors / Unlocks all doors
Other sides: Unlocks all doors (confirmed)

Not sure if locking any other door, locks all doors. Will check tonight.

Zen VXi

Other sides: Unlocks/Locks only that specific door

Hope I'm making sense.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 10th October 2008, 18:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I haven't seen one like this. Have seen a case where once you switch on the engine, the doors get locked but they can still be opened by applying little force. But by doing this, the Central locking mechanism can have issues.
Also, it would be very painful to always switch off the car to open all doors. It would also not be a very safe option, in case of accidents. Passengers may get stuck inside.
You may be right incase of accident scenarios...in other case if kids sitting behind or besides think otherwise and pull the lock, the doors will instantly open..and this is way too unsafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Palio Stile (1.6/SDX)

Other sides: Unlocks all doors (confirmed)

Not sure if locking any other door, locks all doors. Will check tonight.

Zen VXi

Other sides: Unlocks/Locks only that specific door

Hope I'm making sense.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
You said it..the Palio works that way! Locking any other door wont lock all doors...

Last edited by rudrah : 10th October 2008 at 18:25.
Old 11th October 2008, 08:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK, In ANY car, any passenger can open his/her door from inside anytime, even if the driver had locked all of them centrally. I have NEVER seen/driven a car where the passenger is deprived of opening his/her door becuase the driver has locked all doors centrally. Correct me folks, if I am wrong.
Old 11th October 2008, 22:07   #25
BHPian

In palios retro/stile when you lock the fr. doors all the doors are locked but one can open either of the rear doors from inside and this does not open all the doors.
Rudra why would you want a CNG/LPG kit in a 1.6 could have gone for a 1.1 if you want the milage. A friend of mine has a 1.6 with a LPG kit in it and all i can say is that i pity the car.
Finally just for fun and after the second service preferably shift at 6500rpm, you would be amazed to see how easily the needle crosses the 130k mark in THIRD gear.
Old 12th October 2008, 09:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rudrah on your new Palio 1.6 Sports!

Enjoy driving the Red Hot hatch!
Old 13th October 2008, 10:29   #27
BHPian

You know Rudrah, regarding the door locks, if you have kids in the rear seat, you can activate the child lock by turning a small disk inside the rear doors by 90 degrees. After this, the door in which this has been activated will open only by pulling the outside handle. This makes it very safe for kids inside.

About your query about the brakes being soft, there is a way you may try and operate the brakes for maximum effect. When you want to stop, instead of simply pushing the brake pedal evenly, slowly increase the pressure. This magnifies the effect of the brakes by huge margins. Not only that, tyre squeal is also reduced to a minimum. In fact, I am beginning to feel that used this way, the brakes of my Petra have become a little too effective, and mind you, the Petra is heavier than all Palios.

On two occasions, under emergency braking, while I have managed to stop with almost a foot to spare, the car behind me (on one occasion and a scooter once) bumped into me.

The only thing about this braking technique is that initially one has to curb one's fear that braking so softly will result in hitting the obstacle in front. Once you gain the confidence, it works very well. Still, I would suggest you try it on empty roads first, and once you get used to it, use it in traffic.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:16   #28
BHPian

Congratulations Subodh.....the way to go...finally your dream come true...wish you a good ownership for many years to come....
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:54   #29
BHPian

Guys, sorry for the long delay in posting pics...

Made a trip to Lonavala last week..the car has now clocked 1250kms

Amazing drive on the expressway, this car truly deserves such highways! Perfect highway cruiser

Sadly at this stage I could not wave goodbye to any passerby cars even a Santro! heehehe

Cruised smoothly on the highway at 80-90 consistently at 2200-2500 rpm!

The petrol mark happily stayed at its position for a looong time on the Expressway...while in city it just waits to get to the bottom

Will be getting it for the First Service in this week.

Attached pictures of my FireBird!

Note: Second last pic shows the damage done to the tail light!
Attached Thumbnails
Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01889_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01884_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01885_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01887_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01880_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-07092008664_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-07092008665_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01616_111.jpg  

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-dsc01886_111.jpg  

Last edited by rudrah : 22nd October 2008 at 12:09.
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

loved the second last pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks