Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 15:26   #76
BHPian

that's it garry dude, no FIAT for me. Bye, Linea.

I dread to think what would happen if I venture out on a road trip and face a technical problem in a Fiat.
Old 30th November 2008, 09:23   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
petrols ARE faster than diesels.
Would love to differ on that statement sir! Maybe top-end for petrols, but how often do you reach a car's top speed in Indian road conditions.

Gone are the days when petrols were faster than diesels. Turbo CRD technology has revolutionized oil burners. The major factor being cost of running in terms of FE as compared to petrols at the same time being powerfull.

iraghava was driving a Getz CRDi owned by KPZen, speedzak was driving an OHC VTEC (iraghava's) and i was in my 1.6 ROCAM. All cars in the same category (1.5-1.6L) with BHP figures close to each other.
1 stock oil burner, a mildly modded VTEC and a super mildly modded ROCAM.

Guess which car was faster?

Last edited by abhik : 30th November 2008 at 09:33.
Old 30th November 2008, 14:38   #78
BHPian

@ abhik : my hearts says it was the getz. am i rite abhi??
Old 2nd December 2008, 04:14   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Garry, if you have finally decided to let go of your 1.9D, let me ask you a few questions:

1. If your choices are between both Petrol and Diesel models (looking at your monthly run of less than 1000 kms, why don't you include the Swift in your list?

2. If the Getz CRDi is on your list (at 6.1x OTR prices), why not look at the Swift ZXi (nice car, good performer and all safety equipment) or the Swift VDi ABS (will save you fuel money and still give you more fun!!)?

3. Besides the Swift, I would advise the Getz 1.3 GLX (except airbags, it is a spacious powerful hatch with ABS)

4. If you DON'T want the Swift / Getz, then take your pick between Ikon, Vista, Palio SDX. A TD will help. I suppose the service support for Vista and Ikon could be equally good / bad.

5. BTW, how much do you want to sell the 1.9D for? I could ask somebody ?
i am selling it off, not less than 1.90 lakhs

Quote:
Fully agree. Take a palio 1.6. That will kick alot of a.s.s :-)

You honestly can just pull along right now man.

please remember that besides the midrange, petrols ARE faster than diesels.

Lastly, since you would be buying on EMI, buy cheap. Why pay tens of grand extra for something you would need years to recover.

PS: Fusion second hand? Or Ikon 1.6 second hand?
Tired of fiat service and spares availability buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
i too feel a petrol car would be more feasible for the kind of running you have. dont spend extra for a diesel motor that you take years to recover cost.
consider petrol models also and start TD'ing your likes.
Thanks for the suggestion , i also have a petrol car (A-Star) in my mind, the car looks cool and does`nt cost much

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
tao he has had it with fiat you pushing him towards another disaster
The car is not a disaster, never could it be , its all about the service and the managemnet people

Quote:
oye dude, OHC VTec le le.

Delhi mein last year, one went for ~3.4L for a pristine one.
/Bengaluru boys: you can crib about delhi now
Bhai , aukat se upar kaise buy , will spend all my life paying EMI`s

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Ahh.. My first car was a Palio D and the same colour (Hazel Grey?) as well !!

Luckily for me, I didn't buy it second hand. Bought it first hand and so far after 5 years, the only trouble we had was a malfunctioning temperature sensor which was replaced under warranty. As usual, it took a week for the A.S.S to get the part. And then some rats ate the seat belt and central lock wiring for one of the doors.
Lucky you , but how come you allowed rats in the car, where is the door for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Dude... wait for some time.. the Nano will do you good..!!

cheers:
I hope the nano never gets released, as i wont get the clear highways for my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
that's it garry dude, no FIAT for me. Bye, Linea.

I dread to think what would happen if I venture out on a road trip and face a technical problem in a Fiat.
Fiat car was never a problem nor it would be in future , but the after sales service SUCKz

Guys i test drove the vista and the A star , will post the pics soon , i have my mind made up for the a star, it doesnt cost much and i would buy that as soon as its available in CSD. Will save bucks and the vista is good however has the initial launch issues , spoke to the mechanics in TATA

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th December 2008 at 16:19. Reason: see note in post
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:44   #80
BHPian

Hey Garry!

Sad to see another FIAT owner changing brands because of the atrocious A.*.*. However, going with all the woes you faced, I don't blame you.
I agree with most of the people here to go for a petrol vehicle. You monthly running is less than 2000kms, so should be benefitial.
So are you still driving the 1.9D or have you trashed it in?
All the best for your next purchase.
Old 5th December 2008, 15:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ abhik : my hearts says it was the getz. am i rite abhi??
Hell Yeah! It was the Getz!!! It was FAST and HOW!!
Old 7th December 2008, 00:10   #82
BHPian

Guys i am back with the car and everything seems to be rectified , timing belt has been adjusted and the oil chamber and oil pump has been changed , costed me around 20000 bucks , i hope i would have a good time now , i was suggested to change the air filter, engine oil, and normal service after 1000 kms, its been only 600 kms can i go ahead and go for that change.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Guys i am back with the car and everything seems to be rectified , timing belt has been adjusted and the oil chamber and oil pump has been changed , costed me around 20000 bucks , i hope i would have a good time now , i was suggested to change the air filter, engine oil, and normal service after 1000 kms, its been only 600 kms can i go ahead and go for that change.

You have been pouring in money like water on your dear Palio. So why wait for another 1k kms? I would say go ahead and get the remaining things done as well. They wont cost more than 2k.
Happy driving.
Old 13th December 2008, 21:23   #84
BHPian

there seems to a noise coming from the air filter, which is audible inside the cabin even after all the windows closed.
i guess there is some leakage in the filter, any ideas.
thats only on rpm above 2500
Old 25th February 2009, 03:15   #85
BHPian

Girlfriend changed

Hi People,
Hi team I have got rid of MY Palio 1.9 d and bought a NEW CAR , i would give you the link for the new car.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Would love to differ on that statement sir! Maybe top-end for petrols, but how often do you reach a car's top speed in Indian road conditions.

Gone are the days when petrols were faster than diesels. Turbo CRD technology has revolutionized oil burners. The major factor being cost of running in terms of FE as compared to petrols at the same time being powerfull.

iraghava was driving a Getz CRDi owned by KPZen, speedzak was driving an OHC VTEC (iraghava's) and i was in my 1.6 ROCAM. All cars in the same category (1.5-1.6L) with BHP figures close to each other.
1 stock oil burner, a mildly modded VTEC and a super mildly modded ROCAM.

Guess which car was faster?
what you are missing is that the diesel was turbo , compare any turbo petrol with turbo diesel, here i am not saying petrol is better or diesel is worst. It depends upon the users some prefer diesel some petrol you can't go on saying that either of them is better for everyone.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Hi People,
Hi team I have got rid of MY Palio 1.9 d and bought a NEW CAR , i would give you the link for the new car.
Good Decision Brother.

Peace of Mind is what matters in the end.

Which one did you go for?

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 25th February 2009 at 15:20.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:39   #88
BHPian

Just read the entore thread .. I pity with you Dude ... I almost bought a used Ford Ikon Flair 1.3 5 years old . 40K in the ODO .. but pulled back at the last moment ( Paid booking advance of 1000 Rs .. Never went to him again to recover that ) and bought a new i10 sportz ... Now after reading this thred I am thankful to God .. Congrats on your new purchase ..
Old 9th March 2009, 02:26   #89
BHPian

Please follow this thread about the new car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ent-gle-3.html
Old 9th March 2009, 02:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Hell Yeah! It was the Getz!!! It was FAST and HOW!!
It was fast only because I was driving IT and not the OHC!

Most Viewed