Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 07:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have fitted nitrogen in my tires. Kept 30 psi. Driven for 3500 kms till now with nitrogen for 3 months . Still the tire pressure remains the same. Here they charge Rs.25 per tire.. To know more about the Nitrogen, search for the thread in Technical Stuff section.

Last edited by undead : 26th December 2008 at 07:46.
Old 26th December 2008, 09:19   #32
BHPian

How did u fill in the Nitrogen? I mean how did you first completely take out the normal air? Just deflated and inflated with nitrogen?

PS : My first post on this wonderful web of info !!!
Old 26th December 2008, 10:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

"Auto locking of doors on speed reaching 20 kmph."

You mean the doors lock at 20 kmph. new to me

"The inner ends of wiper blades are overlapping each other (see the pic), as a result there is absolutely no gap in both blades' wiping area (generally there is gap at bottom of windshield which narrows and disappears moving up)."

pl explain as inner ends cant overlap
Old 26th December 2008, 10:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound View Post
Did you say you filled the tubeless tyres with 'NITROGEN'!? Why? Is that possible?
Yes, and by the time from some posts here, you must have got an answer. I am using nitrogen in my car tyres for about a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
do nitrogen filled tyres enjoy an advantage over tyres filled conventionally?
1. Very very low rate of tyre pressure change. i.e. consistant tyre pressure.
2. Better handling all the time due to this.
3. Better and consistant fuel economy.
4. No increase of pressure on long runs due to tyre heating, so no or lower risk of tyre bursts.
5. If on steel rims, prevents corrosion. (no or miniscule oxigen present in tyre)
6. Lesser trips to tyrewalla for pressure check. (I have gone for presure check once in 6 months on an average)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hi Bouncer,

Congrats on your purchase of the Vista TDi.
I am also a Vista TDi owner.
I think we are the only 2 Vista TDi owners on this forum so far.

Cheers,
Nitin
Yes Nitin, That's the exclusivity we will enjoy for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
is this reverse horn switch is specific to TDI vista alone, because iam not finding it in my QJ aura.

or you have got it fixed as an option?
It's not OE. I do it to each of our cars. I don't like reverse horn 'on' all the time. Most of the times it's irritating than help i.e. reversing at home or at office etc. But one needs it in public places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
"Auto locking of doors on speed reaching 20 kmph."

You mean the doors lock at 20 kmph. new to me

"The inner ends of wiper blades are overlapping each other (see the pic), as a result there is absolutely no gap in both blades' wiping area (generally there is gap at bottom of windshield which narrows and disappears moving up)."

pl explain as inner ends cant overlap
1. Yes, the doors lock automatically when the speed reaches 20 Kmph.

2. Have you seen the pic I have attached? It self explains itselt. They do overlap. Unless your perseption of inner ends of wiper balde is different. I mean the ends appearing in the pic when I say that.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Unless your perseption of inner ends of wiper balde is different. I mean the ends appearing in the pic when I say that.
OK Get it now. the inner end of the left overlaps with the outer end of the right.
Any comments on the steel rod attached to the front left shock? never seen this before
Old 26th December 2008, 13:03   #36
WDB
BHPian

Not sure of the 20 Kmph speed for the door auto-lock. I think it is more of some time dealy after start that initiates the auto-lock, for i observed on my vehicle, the doors lock even before i touch 20 kmph mark.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Not sure of the 20 Kmph speed for the door auto-lock. I think it is more of some time dealy after start that initiates the auto-lock, for i observed on my vehicle, the doors lock even before i touch 20 kmph mark.
Which car do you mean when you refer to your vehicle? (Parden my ignorance). My XL Dicors have time based auto locking, i.e. 5 seconds after cranking. But my Vista locks on 20 kmph. And I am sure about this after riding her 2000 kms now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Any comments on the steel rod attached to the front left shock? never seen this before
Nobody has thrown any light on it till now.
Old 14th January 2009, 18:48   #38
BHPian

It locks on speed 20kmph. In Swift it locks at 30kmph. It's good feature.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:44   #39
BHPian

guyz no! come on! Check the Autolocking of Vista my style.

I was travelling and was not able to post my findings but I am back now and here is wot I found.

Start your Vista (mine is an Aura). Dont engage the gear. Just give a small throttle till 1k+ rpm. Be gentle. the autolock works. Sope Autolock is RPM driven in our beauties.
Check it out and post your feedbacks!
Old 16th January 2009, 10:18   #40
BHPian

i see the autolock work a few seconds after starting the car, even if its on idle. but if i unlock it manually after it has locked, it again locks itself after the car starts moving. i dont know if this is dependent on RPM or a time limit.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:44   #41
BHPian

@CAD- mine was just a lil prank. really What i found is it is independant of speed and rpm. the only logical explanation becomes timer. but I haven't been able to figure out how it is timed. Anyways im pitting in for the first time tomorrow. I have done 1300 kms on the odo.

I call all the queries that may arise from the car and I will clarify em out with the A.S.S. ppl.

Also from your experiences, lemme know anything i should be particularly care for during the servicing.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
lemme know anything i should be particularly care for during the servicing.
nothing much. just get any bugs fixed. and yeah, if you are particular about the oil, get it changed but its not really required.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:27   #43
BHPian

Fe !

Checked FE for 100% highway run on tankful to tankful basis, with A.C. on all the time. My Vista TDi returned 19.30 KMPL . Normal Diesel from HP pump used with System D additive. Average speed was 110 KMPH.

On the different occassion, cruised at 160 KMPH for considerable time on Mumbai-Pune expressway. Engine felt a little bit stressed above 140 to 145 KMPH.

Last edited by Bouncer : 27th January 2009 at 11:29.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

either you drive your cars like hearses , or you must have a high mileage charm or something. Its incredible - I've no idea how you can manage 20ish FE figures from both your XL and vista
Old 27th January 2009, 11:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Checked FE for 100% highway run on tankful to tankful basis, with A.C. on all the time. My Vista TDi returned 19.30 KMPL . Normal Diesel from HP pump used with System D additive. Average speed was 110 KMPH.

On the different occassion, cruised at 160 KMPH for considerable time on Mumbai-Pune expressway. Engine felt a little bit stressed above 140 to 145 KMPH.
wow!
that is great economy.
how was the wind noise in the new vista when you were cruising at 160 KMPH?
in my indica DLS wind noise is too much even above 90 KMPH, at 110 it is difficult to hear music playing at low volume inside the car.
by wind noise i mean the noise of fast moving wind over the car, that filters into the passenger cabin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks