Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 16:54   #61
BHPian

Changed HU to JVC KD-G546 and added a steering remote.

Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-jvc-steering-remote.jpg

Full pics with alloys.

Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-dsc00600.jpg
Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-dsc00599.jpg
Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-dsc00427.jpg
Old 13th May 2009, 12:18   #62
BHPian

Nice upgrade!

How much did you pay for the JVC HU? What are its features?

Did the steering remote came with JVC HU?
Old 16th May 2009, 21:07   #63
BHPian

Bouncer, your ride looks stunning on those wheels. A winner any day.
Old 5th July 2009, 07:12   #64
BHPian

@Bouncer
A cool ride on those stunning alloy wheels. I know choice of colour is very peronal but may i ask do you have any other specific reason for archic silver?
I am planning noble Blue will I face any issues in this colours?
thanks in advance
Old 6th July 2009, 08:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
@Bouncer
A cool ride on those stunning alloy wheels. I know choice of colour is very peronal but may i ask do you have any other specific reason for archic silver?
I am planning noble Blue will I face any issues in this colours?
thanks in advance
Thanks for your comments.

As you said, colour is purely a personal choice. For me, the dark shades except for black are big no, the likes of red and blue are fine in ads and on displays but on daily basis and for my profession it becomes too loud. Black gets too hot under the Sun. Therefore, all all our cars have eighter white, Silver or Beige colours. Resale value/ acceptability is resale market is a also a minor factor while choosing colour.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

btw, non metallic shades are better and cheaper in terms of repairing scratches and accident damages
Old 6th July 2009, 23:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bouncer, you really seem to be proud of and care for your cars. Interesting upgrades, and DIY work.
I wanted to know what (if any) are the drawbacks you felt apparent when driving the Vista TDi in comparison to the petrol Indigo? Asking because my parents have recently sold their petrol Indigo, and are thinking of going in for the Vista. I thought TDi is diesel, efficient, and cost effective too. Pity it doesn't come in Aura, though, don't you think?
How much has she run, your Vista, as of now?
Old 7th July 2009, 12:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Hey Bouncer, you really seem to be proud of and care for your cars. Interesting upgrades, and DIY work.
I wanted to know what (if any) are the drawbacks you felt apparent when driving the Vista TDi in comparison to the petrol Indigo? Asking because my parents have recently sold their petrol Indigo, and are thinking of going in for the Vista. I thought TDi is diesel, efficient, and cost effective too. Pity it doesn't come in Aura, though, don't you think?
How much has she run, your Vista, as of now?
Thanks for the appreciation.

We replaced our petrol Indigo with Indigo XL Dicor. So I never realy compared Vista TDi (which was a Estilo replacement for us) with Indigo petrol.

But if I have to think on that now, I don't feel there are any drawbacks in migrating from Indigo Petrol to Vista TDi, except for the boot space. The cabin space is same if not slightly more. Infact seats in Vista are more comfortable. The ride quality comfort is superior than Indica/Indigo platform. I am experiencing both platforms on daily basis.

On the downside, noise level will be more than petrol of course (no noticable vibration), and there will be inherent turbo lag in TDi. But these are no big isuues eighter. As you said, it should have been made in Aura version.

Will soon update this thread for 10K report.

Last edited by Bouncer : 7th July 2009 at 12:32.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:48   #69
BHPian

@ sushantr5: I have posted the pic here. Ref: our PM communication.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-dsc01529.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 11:37   #70
BHPian

Hi Bouncer, Please see attached Image for buzzer location. I am optimistic about Buzzer working. Because you see, there are active metal connectors for that. If this is not available then we should not see metal connectors. Please have a try on this by borrowing buzzer from other Aura owner or Old Indica Buzzer will also do. It is basically same buzzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
@ sushantr5: I have posted the pic here. Ref: our PM communication.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Aqua TDi – Artic Silver. 7 Months and 10,000 KMs-dsc01529.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 11:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

btw, how is the acessiblity of the fusebox?
I gave up after trying to remove it on my olde indica - it was pretty hard
Old 24th July 2009, 12:11   #72
BHPian

For Indica Vista it is near knee of right leg. There is small press fit cover. Remove that and everything is right away accessible. All fuses, connectors including OBD II can be seen at that location.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:40   #73
BHPian

10,000 KM Update – Third Service Done.

The car has completed 10,000 kms and is back from the third service today. The service was done at B U Bhandari’s Wakad workshop as usual. (All our Tata cars till date go to this service station only).

7 Months and 10,000 KMs:

Out of these 7 months it was parked at my hometown for close to 2 months and was taken out only couple of times, otherwise its in Pune.

We are extremely happy with this car. Feels very comfortable on highways where it has done most of its running. All the virtues we were looking for in a hatch are what we are getting out of it. Viz. Diesel economy, space, decent performance and highway comfort. The engine noise inside cabin is more compared CRDIs, but I am okay with it for VFM this car offers.

1. There are no mechanical problems whatsoever till date. One minor electrical exists as mentioned below in point 5.

2. Two cosmetic repairs were done so far. First, the rear bumper was touched up in second month, at 2,776 KMs when I banged it on pillar while reversing in dark. Costed us Rs. 2,400/-. Secondly, the left side RVM changed in current (third) service as it was broke by my wife last month. This costed Rs. 795/-.

3. The OE horn was not sounding to my satisfaction. I have changed it to OE twin horns of Palio. Sounds great.

4. The OE wipers (Syndicate) were changed to Bosch, which are any day better.

5. The light in the driver side power window switch is not glowing (switch is working) since third month. It was admitted for free replacement in second service but lack of it in spares has left it unchanged even after third service. The GM of dealership has told me to wait for some time as TATA is changing the OE supplier for lack of quality in the same, and supply of these switches will be regular shortly.

6. Mixed (approx 75% highway and 25% city) FE now is around 19 kmpl with 100% A.C. Highway cruising speed is always between 90 to 120 KMPH. My average crusing speed being 110 KMPH. Only once I took her till 160 KMPH on expressway (with A.C. and only myself in car).

7. We have got a child seat in this car, for our 11 months young baby. Which of course being safe all the while in the first place, is also comfortable for the baby and for us for long drives.

8. Quality of plastics is talked about many times in the forum which stands true. Till date all the plastic in the car is holding its place. Touchwood.

9. Third service details:

I. Engine oil change took 5.5 Ltrs MOBIL totaling to Rs. 1,271/- + 12.5% VAT
II. Oil filter change @ Rs. 142/- + 12.5% VAT
III. Fuel filter change @ Rs. 135/- + 12.5% VAT
IV. LHRVM as mentioned above.
V. Rs. 100/- for misc. consumables.
VI. All the standard third service checks like cleaning of air filter etc.
Total bill was Rs. 2,654/- after applying VAT. (including mirror)

10. We always travel with lot of baggage. Not a problem when we are using Indigo XL but we run out of space in the Vista. I am seriously considering the roof box option. Preliminary enquiries tell me that THULE and INNO will be costing around Rs. 25,000/-, which is putting me off at present. Ajanta of Mumbai also manufactures one which is around Rs. 16,000/-, but their distributor in Pune tells me the size is bigger for Vista. I don’t know their quality also. What are my options? Any inputs will be helpful.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

795 for the ORVM is cheap. Costs 1K+ for my indica !
Old 14th August 2009, 15:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
For Indica Vista it is near knee of right leg. There is small press fit cover. Remove that and everything is right away accessible. All fuses, connectors including OBD II can be seen at that location.
its the same even in the old Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
btw, how is the acessiblity of the fusebox?
I gave up after trying to remove it on my olde indica - it was pretty hard
agreed, it really is quite painful. i had to change a relay couple of weeks back and had a tough time reaching it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks