Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 03:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful thread here! I'm convinced
I'm looking for an upgrade from my PalioD to an SUV in near future and started dreaming of Safari already.

I had this calculation goin on with LX in my mind but after reading some of the threads it seems 4WD may influence my decission for sure.

Note that I was following Gurkha in 2007-08 after I got inspired by one of my friends in Jeepthrills, but had to give up because of the budget at that time and considering I'm not going to be a full time offroader who needs that kind of vehicle with core offroading functionalities - mine can be a good combination with more of on-road performance. I know that extra 130KG of assembly will definitely worth a penny spend on it, but how do you guys consider the diff locks and other 4WD gears compared to a vehicle like Gurkha (do you do that at al!)!

I'm still a bit reluctant to spend that extra 1.2L as a premium (extra 90K for 4WD is worth paying as I said). I wish we could have LX with 4WD option - are we expecting Tata to come up with something like that? I'm ready to wait in that case.
If not, I will anyway wait to save some money and go for EX 4WD. I shall better start looking for new home to my PalioD now. I shall keep following these threads and also get some inputs from my Jeepthrills friends. Thanks.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:04   #62
BANNED

Congrats on your new purchase, and yes, buying a 4X4 Safari is certainly a bit heavy on the pocket for many of us.
The logic is simple

Even the computer keyboard has the $ sign above the Number 4 key:

Inference: 4X4 requires $X$ .!!!!!
Old 17th October 2009, 10:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Is there a way I can request them to get me LX 4WD? I'm ready to wait if the custom job is going to take sometime.
Do you guys think if writting to TATA (someone who can help me with custom job) is an option? Has anyone already tried this yet?
I really dont see a value in paying 1.2L for cosmetics, ready to pay for diff lock though..
Old 17th October 2009, 10:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ketan,

I doubt if TATA will ever do a custom job for the general public.

Your options are certainly restricted by what the offerings are.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

So, if the custom job is not an option here (I'm still not giving hopes). Can this be done after market?
Old 19th October 2009, 11:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Can someone provide me with the correct contact details / whom to approch!! I would like to give it a try. Anyone else looking for LX with 4x4 please join the gang.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks