Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2009, 09:49   #16
BHPian

@bullboy: good to see your wait coming to an end. Hope you have many miles of safe and 'josh'ful motoring with her. Please keep us posted with pics and the actual delivery experience.
Old 1st February 2009, 09:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congrats bullboy! Although the wait was agonizing, I believe the car in itself will keep you a happy person.

What did you finally decide? Are you going in for alloys, and if yes, what size?
Old 1st February 2009, 09:54   #18
BHPian

Thanks condor
Quote:
Looks sufficient from the usage till now. It costs 3.5k here, not 3850.
3850 is the price quoted by dealer.
Quote:
Are you going for alloys ?
No alloys and music system .as i ran out of money. will do in a phased manner with alloys as last option.also the service manager is against 14" upsize .i mentioned in some other thread about the same.

Thanks benjiRoss
Quote:
I hope the josh of the new car puts the pain of waiting away
Frankly no , i'm going abroad for 2 months official assignment on coming friday. so the waiting still continues . Need to arrange a driver for the car.

Quote:
Please keep us posted with pics and the actual delivery experience.
Out of desperation i send a mail to ford MD (donno ,id is really md's, got if from site).
I got a call the very next day that the vehicle has been arrived.
But there were 6-7 cars in yard along with my car ,all new ikons .
So now i think it was not the impact of the mail . i could have showed patience
for couple more days.

Thanks ben & volt

Last edited by bullboy : 1st February 2009 at 10:04.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:16   #19
BHPian

My Tdci has done about 12k Kms now and mileage is around 17- 21 kpl (tankfull). will post an update on the experience .There is also a surpise ..
Old 4th November 2009, 18:39   #20
BHPian

Mods if possible Please append the following to the heading
" - Now delievered and completed 10k Kms "
Old 4th November 2009, 19:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

Bullbpy, its about time you updated this thread. Whats the surprise you have in store?

P.S. : To get the mods attention to update the thread title, you can report your own post to the mods with the action required.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

@bullboy

You have done 12k km
Suggest start a new thread with fresh write up about your experience from booking till now and ofcourse some photographs of your car ?

Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 14:32   #23

@ bullboy - would be great if you can share the ownership experience in detail with some photos. Am planning to book TDCi in December. Bit confused whether to get it from Kairali ford,Trivandrum or Ernakulam
Old 5th November 2009, 15:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

You are in Trivandrum?
Why you want to book the car at Ernakulam?
YOu need to give adress proof for Registration. Do you have one in Ernakulam as well as in Trivandrum?
Cheers
Old 5th November 2009, 18:02   #25
BHPian

@ben - still there is no ICE in my car .and may be the first car in TBHP to complete 1 yr without ICE

@naveen Sure i will post , as it is raining the car is not in a clean state for a photoshoot

@nair I'm in TVM .since i booked the car at the time of its launch , the first batch arrived at EKM and from there they drove it down to TVM. Now the shipment is coming directly to TVM.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
You are in Trivandrum?
Why you want to book the car at Ernakulam?
YOu need to give adress proof for Registration. Do you have one in Ernakulam as well as in Trivandrum?
Cheers
No, he need not! With the Trivandrum address, the car would have a temporary registration in Ernakulam and he would need to do the permanent registration at Trivandrum.

Anyway bullboy has cleared his doubts, I guess.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

No, he need not! With the Trivandrum address, the car would have a temporary registration in Ernakulam and he would need to do the permanent registration at Trivandrum.

Anyway bullboy has cleared his doubts, I guess.
+
yes, I got it now
Thanks
Old 30th November 2009, 12:32   #28
BHPian

I'm using the same thread to post my experience of owning ikon TDci.

Our own car was a dream for my family for many years which initially had the shape of M800,flashed everytime through my mind when we travel together in the public transport or in rickshaws.My father could not afford a car after meeting our education and family expenses.Years passed and i managed to get a job of my own.With all my investments i bought my first vehicle , a black pulsar 180 after which the hunt for a car started. Initially i was looking for second hand padmini's but was unable to find one in rustless condition.The principal amount got increased i could now afford an M800 . I got more greedy and needed a bit more spacious car. Days passed and i was thinking of taking a loan and going for a new one instead of used as it is pretty difficult to find out a trusty seller.

The first car that was considered is the good old Alto.But space problems prompted me to search for other options as well.Soon i landed into the Hyundai showroom and checked the santro.Despite this being a nice car , my friend hinted me about the mileage of 11-12kpl which his santro returns.Soon I gave rest to Santro dreams and went to the Maruti delear and checked the Wagon-R .This was slightly expensive than santro and since the festive season was over discount reduced to 15k from the initial 40K.I liked the car , has good amout of space albeit the old engine and gearbox.Meanwhile I happened to read that wagon-R will be out of production in few months as a new model is coming from maruti .The delear also told that they heard the same but could not confirm whether the car will be phased out or not. I also checked the LPG xeta which has a fire extinguisher as standard .However the intereriors was too cheap and felt flimsy also didn't have much faith in TATA's petrol engine.Sparky was also considered but left out because of space constraints.

Still i am in a state of confusion.

By that time my sister's marriage got fixed and we decided to gift our first car to her.But what car ? Still could not arraive to a conclusion.My father told that he will drain some cash into our 'car fund' from his account.This nourished the car dreams and our dream car grew bigger.Soon i found myself busy testing the 'new' launched Vista and Indigo CS and good old indigo.I liked indigo CS but there was good lag and many advised me against a tata.But the Vista was too good to resist and a real VFM car.I was about to finalize the Vista but my sister insisted that she don't want a car with taxi's rear.Other than the indigo variants the entry level sedans with diesel heart was way out of the budjet.So again reverted to hatch with a diesel heart.Yeah .I know you will ask why not swift ? Yes, it was the black Vdi DDis finally and booked one on August 2009 and joined the long queue although we were looking for a booted car .One month passed but no clue about the Swift. Called the delearship and i get a reply 'Will call you back sir once we have the delivery date'.

Earlier from T-Bhp i saw the scoop of 'new' ford ikon ,But i didn't like it and felt too old . But when i heard that it is coming with a Tdci heart thought of having a look at it..Immediately went to the delear and had a test drive with the help of my friend as i was not into full time driving.The car was ok.But interiors were too old. Apart from the cosmetic front and digital odo everything else was same.But the Tdci and the price was the big difference .As this being our first car and i had not driven any other cars extensively , i had to rely on others advice as this is a good VFM sedan eventhough it is ageing and might not be in production that long.Moreover ford was insisting the spares will be cheaper.Still i'm in a dilemma.Meanwhile i got an official assignment abroad starting from Jan-09 end before which i need to get the car.Finally took the plung cancelled the swift and booked the Tdci on 20/11/2008.Immedaiatley applied for an SBI loan for 3.5 lacs at an interest of 11.25%.There were some 22 booking for the car and i was given a date of delivery on 11 Dec 08.The delivery experience is detailed in the same thread .Finally the car was delivered on 02 Feb 09. Since i'm not used to driving cars the delear sent their driver with me. And our first car was now resting in our porch.

The price break Up.

Vehicle Cost - 5,21,491.00

Road Tax - 31,290.00

Insurance - 14,036.00

Extd Wrrnty - 6,990.00 (One Year. Too high!!!)

-----------------------------
Total OTR - 5,73,507.00

Freebies - None,Except boot mat.

Accessories :

Art Leather seat cover, Roots Megasonic Twin horns,Chrome Tail Pipe,Autocop.

ICE : None (SE W810i )

Pics : Sorry taken from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03215.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03217.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03210.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03221.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03222.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03225.jpg  

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer-dsc03211.jpg  

Attached Images

bullboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2009, 12:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Good write up.
But the wait (delivery period - more than 2.5months) was too long and still you kept patient (without cancelling this also like the swift !).

yes, the one year EW (Rs.6990/-) then was costly (now, for fiesta they charges about rs.4500 per year or Rs.8300 for two year)

how was the *** experience and was there any major expenses so far other than
normal service costs?
Old 30th November 2009, 14:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good to post with pics. Well maintained. Does this have 4 door pw windows?. Search for a spoiler & tire upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks