Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 15:04   #76
BHPian

First of all, congrats to all those who got Spark.

My parents are planning to buy Spark as well. They already have an Aveo. They wanted a low cost car to use in the city, as they were finding it very difficult driving the Aveo in the city (size and parking). The only criteria for the new car was small and low cost (under 3 lakhs). The must-have features was Power Steering and AC. The only options available were Nano, Spark and Alto. My dad does not want the Nano, hence the only other cars were Spark and Alto. Of these, the Spark PS was a better deal, than the Alto.

The GM dealer is going to give the Spark PS for an onroad cost of Rs 2.9 lakhs (yes, onroad cost). GM loyalty I guess as they bought the Aveo from the same dealer, plus they know the owner by now. He does not have the car ready but is expecting a batch to come by mid April. He has assured my parent the car from this batch. I do not have the details of what else he would give free, but the deal appeared too good to resist. My parents have booked the red colour Spark, same as Braveheart's.

OT: Btw, my parents are located in Guwahati. I'm telling them to register the car in Assam instead of Meghalaya. For those who don't know, the Registration cost for vehicles in Meghalaya is ridiculously low. My parent's Aveo was registered in Meghalaya for an amount of 6K or 7K. Many Assam residents register their vehicles in Meghalaya and drive in Assam. The cons are (as everywhere) greater checking by security forces for non-Assam registered vehicles. In this case, registration cost for the Spark is 3K in Meghalaya and 10K in Assam.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:21   #77
BHPian

Good choice DriveR.Your parents would love the ease of driving and maintaining of Spark,even my dad appreciates the car a lot 'cos he's the one who drives it all the time.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:48   #78
BHPian

@DriverR,

Spark PS at 2.9 onroad?. Wow!! which dealer is this?.

If onroad is 2.9 in Hyd, the ex-showroom price must be around 2.5. That would mean a discount of whopping 85k on the actual ex-showroom price. Thats one hell of a deal.

EDIT: I just re-read that your parents are located at Guwahati and not Hyderabad. Any idea on the discount given on the ex-showroom price?.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 8th April 2009 at 16:54.
Old 8th April 2009, 17:29   #79
BHPian

My parents are not too 'technical' and therefore they just want to know the final cost. All that they said was that the dealer gave them 10K discount as they were returning/repeat GM customers.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:12   #80
BHPian

1st Assurance Service Completed !!

Hey Guys,
Well my white Spark of joy has completed about 1500 kms now and was sent some days back for her 1st free assurance service as they call it for 1000 kms.
They said they washed the car, tuned the engine and checked all nuts and bolts. Well yesterday I just wanted to accelerate and I felt a immediate boost in pickup. It was really really good, as if I had gone in for some mods. This was not the case before the 1st service. It just did not have that kick. Definitely did not feel like a 1 ltr. engine !!!
Or maybe I am stupid

My overall fuel efficiency has been 13.25 - 14.0 regularly but of course I have never pushed this white angel that much.

Happy motoring,
Adit.

P.S. : Need a K & N stock replacement air filter now !!! Any idea's ??

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 9th April 2009 at 11:14.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:08   #81

Me too planning to go for a K&N may be a remus ffe as well but next year!! Wanna drive her to atleast 25k befor i start with the mods

Cheers
Old 16th July 2009, 21:28   #82
BHPian

Sorry to bump a old thread. But I see a lot of Spark here. I thinking about a low cost car and Spark is in my consideration. However, after using a Maruti - I'm a bit worried about the GM after sales service.
What are your experience guys? Pls enlighten me.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:43   #83
BHPian

Absolutely no issues here in Bangalore. There are 2 (or 3?) showrooms in Bangalore and one more authorized service center. No problems with after sales or availability of spare parts so far.

GM is trying very hard to convince ppl that bankruptacy in US has not affected them in India in any way. They are coming up with new models too.

So, I feel, at this time one can confidently go for Spark without much concern
Old 17th July 2009, 20:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Sorry to bump a old thread. But I see a lot of Spark here. I thinking about a low cost car and Spark is in my consideration. However, after using a Maruti - I'm a bit worried about the GM after sales service.
What are your experience guys? Pls enlighten me.
Atleast here in Noida, no issues at all. Although only 1 dealer but he provides good service.
I am HAPPY that I decided spark.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:13   #85
BHPian

@archat68
GM's after sales is good atleast here in Pune. No problems so far. I will actually complete 1 year service next week. 9600kms on the odo.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:32   #86
BHPian

Thanks sparkguy and vikrantj for the input.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks