Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 18:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Quickdraw ,the car looks great with all the mods.
Always liked the Mondeo.
Old 8th February 2009, 18:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Wanted to ask you guys there is some wierd kind of rust on the wheel hubs how do I fix that? I hate it because it shows through the wheels and it looks terrible. I!
Cast iron parts rust. After one coat of rust forms, it protects the inside from further rusting.
Old 8th February 2009, 20:30   #18

Having seen the car in person once, all i gotta say is that its AWESOME!! Manav just couldn't stop gushing about her..
Anyways, The Mondeo definitely is a beauty and has an awesome road presence especially this car with the 19'ers and quad exhausts (great sound).
Old 8th February 2009, 22:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So guys first question, the tyres will need to be replaced within the next 10k kms which ones should I go for and wont burn my wallet. Also any inputs on the wierd wobbles?
19" and not-too-expensive you have to look at Maxxis or the Nankang NS-2s. They're ok for your kind of usage.
Old 8th February 2009, 23:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude on the amazing Mondeo. I remember seeing the ad on the classifieds. Could have gone for it if I was in for a used car.

Enjoy the drive and yes please post pics of the angels in the night.
Old 9th February 2009, 00:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

awesome ride dude!! needs a subtle spoiler to complete the deal!!! the Mondeo's one of my favourites!
Old 9th February 2009, 01:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

ive personally seen this car standing at 4 seasons and those remus tips look awesome. So do the Alloys. Its an awesome looking car. I really would love to know its Quater Mile time.
Old 9th February 2009, 02:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Cast iron parts rust. After one coat of rust forms, it protects the inside from further rusting.
There is no rust on any body panel, I checked. Its on the hubs of the wheels. Am looking forward to getting them treated soon but can let the car be standing like that. So you advice to leave it like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy25 View Post
Having seen the car in person once, all i gotta say is that its AWESOME!! Manav just couldn't stop gushing about her..
Anyways, The Mondeo definitely is a beauty and has an awesome road presence especially this car with the 19'ers and quad exhausts (great sound).
Where did you see the car? Do I know you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
19" and not-too-expensive you have to look at Maxxis or the Nankang NS-2s. They're ok for your kind of usage.
Yes I just need a spare wheel thats all. So am looking for something second hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Congrats dude on the amazing Mondeo. I remember seeing the ad on the classifieds. Could have gone for it if I was in for a used car.

Enjoy the drive and yes please post pics of the angels in the night.
Here you go,

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-_mg_0676.jpg

Sorry for the wierd pic thats the only one I had on me, as you can see just one set is working right now will get that sorted out. And my psudo photographer wannabe friend was messing around with the white balance so it might look wierd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
awesome ride dude!! needs a subtle spoiler to complete the deal!!! the Mondeo's one of my favourites!
Exactly, thats one of the things I am looking forward to. Putting a lip spoiler and nothing else. The stock one looks amazing trying to get it from somewhere and it will be on soon. Trust me I will NOT ruin the looks of the car by making it 2Fast 2Furious
Old 9th February 2009, 12:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no rust on any body panel, I checked. Its on the hubs of the wheels. Am looking forward to getting them treated soon but can let the car be standing like that. So you advice to leave it like that?:
Suspension and drive components can be like that. If you remove the rust, it'll be back in a day or two. I don't know what kind of treatments are there for such things and how it'll affect the wheel hub. My advice is, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

congrats.. nice buy! You know what, i had almost bought this car... only reason why i did not was that my dad was very adamant about not buying a used ford!
She's a beauty though. Enjoy!
Old 9th February 2009, 14:59   #26
BHPian

damn i luvvvvvvv this car mate! always wanted to have one.
congrats quickdraw you definately got one gem of a piece. The mods are to die for. Enjoy her mate!
Old 9th February 2009, 15:09   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride quickdraw. Hopefully you will enjoy the mondeo experience like i have. Would definately like to see this thing do a 1/4 mile drag. Call me the next time your in town, we can do a couple of runs.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Immortal : I agree but it looks kind of wierd. Its not major but as I know its there I dont like it. But am going to let it be for the time being or see what options do I have to get it done up.

@Tejas : Please personally thank Daddy, because if he would have let you then I wouldnt have a car right now :( (P.S. Love your OHC)

I have the following options as spoilers what do you recommend guys. I kind of like them both but more inclined towards the stock spoiler rather then the boot lip spoiler (smaller one)

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-2a7f_12.jpg

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-f94c11ea9b299a8c.jpg

Also thinking of getting one of these

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-012a_12.jpg

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-ee6c_12.jpg
Old 9th February 2009, 16:57   #29
BHPian

Congrats, Quickdraw on the car.

I have been keeping an eye on the ad to see how many have been interested in this vehicle. Ever since its launch, she has been a stunning good looking car. Unfortunately, Ford did not pay too much of an attention to market it well. I believe if it was marketed well, you would see many more of Mondeos on the roads and would have taken the compteition to Accord when launched.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:57   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Tejas : Please personally thank Daddy, because if he would have let you then I wouldnt have a car right now :( (P.S. Love your OHC)
Thanks. I really envy you. Let's have a meet when you are in bombay.

Quote:
I have the following options as spoilers what do you recommend guys. I kind of like them both but more inclined towards the stock spoiler rather then the boot lip spoiler (smaller one)
Don't go in for a spoiler, the car looks great as she is. You will also have to get the paint to exactly match the car. Rather do it after a few years when you want to refurbish the car.
Even i feel like removing the spoiler from my car but only reason i can't is that then i'll have a paint job on my hands to cover the holes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks