Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 01:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have way too many mods on the car, that factor alone is a deterrent to potential customers. No one wants a heavily modified car, regular Joe's and even some enthusiasts (including myself). Plus, whatever is spent in mods is never recovered.

You are also selling the car within only a handful of months of ownership. That can raise alarm bells in the mind of potentials. Thus, modified car + unpopular model + quick turnaround of ownership = 3.75 lakhs is a good price. Only an enthusiast who understands the beauty of the mondeo & is convinced that the mods are properly implemented will pay 4.0+ lakhs.

I see an error in your ads. It states that you have driven only 4,000 kms in 4 years! Edit the Jan 05 to Jan 09 (which I think is accurate?).
I agree that money spent on mods would never be recovered, but the stuff on the car is in likes of Brembo, Remus, Cosworth, OZ etc. All top of the line premium stuff and not some bangkok branded maal. So the quality of worksmanship and all that should be challanged. Better still I am open to complete inspection by enthuaists and any potential buyer can test drive it, bring a mechanic whatever. What I want to say is the car is a runner. Its reliable and gives good milage and there are no odds or ends not working on it like regular modded stuff I see around. So I quite feel the car is worth the asking price and only lowballers and bargin hunters will disagree with me. Any enthuasist would not. I am sorry about the typo in the AD. I have fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
It was purchased for below 4 lakhs. Agreed, you did spend on the tires and other stuff(can you let us know what it is?) but it makes you the 2nd owner and the guy buying it, the third.
Detailed history is available with the car for a potential customer, I dont see a point posting up the bills online here. They will be made available if you come to see it though. The car is still on the second owners name. The person who buys it will be the third owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
you have a great car there quick draw,i would have definitely paid 4 lakhs for it if the car would be in bangalore.its worth having a fully moded car like mondeo.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I absolutely agree with you!

According to your first quote in this thread, you bought this car in feb 09. Are you trying to pull a fast one on someone who has not read this thread? A typo from 05 to 09 may be genuine (although the two buttons 4 & 9 are nowhere nearby) but also saying four years is suspicious.
I picked up the car on 5th Jan 2009, I had 5th Jan in my head. Hence the typo that was subsequently corrected. But your 4~9 consipiracy theory is much more interesting

As for pulling a fast one, many of my friends and even t-bhp members know the history of the car. I have infact directed many potential buyers to this thread. Moreover I have posted on the very thread about the pricing and asking other t-bhp members regarding the same so the last thing on my mind is pulling a fast one my friend.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks