Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 22:31   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. It is unfortunate that you had such experiences with the Palio, which is a great car otherwise.
Coming to your purchase, I have to say that you've made an excellent choice by going for the Accent. It is a car loaded with all the features you'd like on any sedan, and comes at a really affordable price. Congratulations again! Enjoy your new ride.
Thanks buddy and BTW do you have a linea, is it diesel..?
My reason for changing brands was the after sales service as well , and the parts availability.
Old 10th October 2009, 02:40   #77
BHPian

Sorry BUT I am back and not alone I got married....

Hi Team,
Sorry for keeping away for a long time , couldnt post anything for a long time , bhai log i got married in June and since then i was on holiday , Came back and this is the first thing i am doing , missed you all.
As soon as i came back i got the seat covers done for the Accent (Autoform) costed me 6000, and HORN changed to Skoda roots.
Would post the pics soon .
Old 10th October 2009, 07:21   #78
BHPian

congrats bro..now that was one very long honey moon vacation you had
hope you had an awesome time..

btw..how much did the root horns cost?
Old 10th October 2009, 12:27   #79
BHPian

Congratulations on your marriage, wish you a very happy married life.
Awaiting pics of the car!
Old 10th October 2009, 15:46   #80
BHPian

Hey Garry,

Congrats on the Buy man...infact i drove both Fiesta and accent, while i was deciding on my next buy which eventually was an ANHC.

Its a old saying that FORD is expensive to maintain,,,,well as per the market observation, even maintaining a Hyundai's products are termed as expensive...forget alone the ACCENT !

however enjoy the car and do post some reports on the car' behaviour. maintanence can be looked into later.
Old 10th October 2009, 16:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

hey good to hear back from you.Congratulations on your marriage.wishing you a very happy married life ahead along with your new wheels.Quite long of your honeymoon
Old 10th October 2009, 21:01   #82
BHPian

hi team,
@ ariendj: Thanks buddy , the vacation was amazing and indeed we had an awesome time, the roots horn costed me 550 Rs , bought from a distributer.

@ Maglev: Thanks mate, would post the pics soon the enclosure and the new seat covers as well.

@ Nandans2005: Thanks mate, the behaviour of the car so far is has been pretty much upto my expectations , the car is a good ride , smoth suspension, easy handling and good pickup however i have noticed that when the AC is on the pickup goes down a bit , opposite my 1.9 palio i had. Well you can not expect everything in every car.
Maintaining this car is not a problem bought this in Feb and till now i have spent only 1000 Rs that was for the second service , other expenses like accesories etc are obvious.

@ Vijaythacker: Thanks buddy, thank you for the wishes. Honeymoon was supposed to be only a month but later was decided to be extended as she fell in love with the natural beauty in Phuket.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:45   #83
BHPian

One Year Ownership

Hi Team,
Sorry for keeping away for such a long time.
On feb 28th 2010 i celebrated the first anniversary of My Accent. Yes its been one complete year with this car and believe me i do not regret the decision made by mind over heart.
After the day i bought the car , very next day i heard some rattling in the boot and took the car to service center(saftdarjan hyundai) and it was fixed in 10 mins , it was just a loose screw and the service manager made sure that i dont even have to go inside the workshop for the issue, it was fixed asap. Very happy with the service provided.
Drove the car for about 2 days and planned to get some ICE done, took the car to sec 14 (autozone) and got HU(Pio 2190) and rear speakers(Polk Audio) and front(Poineer s12) . Spent 12k. I was not happy with the performance , next day went to the same shop and moved the rear Polk to the front and placed Boston S95 in the rear(they were accomodated after some cutting in the tray). Spent 6k more.
Now i had some decent setup , however still was not to my satisfaction, NO thump no bass. Went to another shop in Palam Vihar and Added the bass tube which i already had and bought a 4 channel amp. Spent about 5k. I was pretty happy with the sound and bass both, however there was some whinning noise coming whenever i would accelerate. Searching on TBHP i got to know that it was an issue with earthing and i got suggestion to change the wiring. So i did, changed to Monster wiring spent around 3k. The whining noise reduced however it was still there. The installer suggester noise filter and i bought spent 500 more. Noise was still there , not very happy with the installers .
Now it was 3 months and it was time for the first service. The kilometers done were only 700 kms, i took the car to the service center and left the car for 1 hour and came back to get it back after the service , what i say was 3 mechanics cleaning my car. I was pretty happy to see the same, car delievered in time and cost was 0. Very happy with the service from Hyundai.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:20   #84
BHPian

Coming back after the first service i decided to get the seat covers as untill now i was using OEM Covers only. I went to Sec 14 again and changed the seat covers to Autofort Micro leather. Spent 6k. The quality is very good and it comes with 5 year warranty.
Now comes the first heartbreak , i took the car to my In laws house and the street is quite narrow and in that street its very difficult and reverse a car, this is what i found out when the front fender of my car touched a parked ford ikon and the black paint of ikon was all over my car. I didnt have to pay any damages as the ikon belonged to my in laws, however the damage to my heart was done big time. Next day took the car to workshop and the paint job was done and car was delievered to me very next day , all was covered in insurance and i had to pay only 500 bucks (claim charges). Very happy with the service provided by Safdarjan workshop).
Time went by but the whinning noise was still there. I changed installers and got different answers from different installers. Some said its the desi (Sound barrier) amp i was using , some said put capacitors on every channel, some said its the wiring , one said that my HU is bad. This is one issue that i am still facing, i would appreciate any help on this one.
It was time for the second service and that was also done very efficeintly and in time and money spent was 400 rs on Engine oil. Very Happy with the service provided by Hyundai Safdarjang Gurgaon.
After teh second service i had to spend some money on changing the number plates as the ones which were provided by the showroom were not strong enough to handle monsoon in india. I got the same changed twice with same kind and it broke in rain. Then i switched to Aluminium number plates and they were good still going on. spent 700 Rs. In between the same time i changed the OEM horn to Skoda Roots. Spent 500 Rs. Now it was easy to make people listen that you have arrived.
Old 27th July 2010, 17:35   #85
BHPian

Congrats on your car - Iam about to book my executive tomorrow from Orion Hyundai.
Old 27th July 2011, 06:49   #86
BHPian

Re: My New Car Hyundai Accent GLE

After more than two successful years of ownership , its time to say good bye to my Accent Executive.
I have made a deal with Mahindra First Choice in 3.15 without accessories. I have not yet decided on the next car however it would be diesel for sure.
Guys please suggest anything i need to take care of while selling the car to First Choice or should i TRUST them as they are a big name in selling and buying bussiness...?
Few last pics of my car would be uploaded soon...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks