Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 16:55   #76
BHPian

Seat covers done

Got the seat covers done from a local shop in south mumbai. He had lot of variety to select from. I asked him for 2 things. 1st that I should not feel hot while using the seat covers and (2nd) the dust should not pass through the fabric.
I know all semi leather make people sweat but there are different kind fabrics.
I selected a semi leather with cotton fabric on its wrong side. As per the shop owner the cotton fabric used on the wrong side is better in terms of cooling.
Also the back of the rear back seat (which can be seen when the boot is opened) was done with black semi leather. This being a cheaper one and not the one used for the seats. It looks much better as compared to my Accent in which the knots could be seen from the boot.
The colour i went for was black and cream. Black would make the interiors all black and only cream would again get stains on it. Hence the combination. But at the end of the day decision for choosing two colour looked much better.
Got the neck pillow for the driver and the co driver seat done from some other guy as the ready pillows were small in size. Took half a meter of black fabric used for my seats from the shop and gave it to the guy who made bigger (in width n depth) pillows.
Also the provision was made to remove the armrest at the rear. You can clearly see this in pictures.
Two pockets made on the back side of front seats. One open and the second one with zip.
Both pillows and all 5 head rest were done in the same black material.
I had instructed the shop owner as well as the guy who did the fitting that no single stapple pin will be used while doing the fitting. The job was nicely done. The guys took 2 days to ready the seat covers as this was their 1st Linea and 1 hour to fit it on. The master took nearly 2 hours measuring all the dimensions of the seats.
Now the only thing left out is the front arm rest which is still the of the same fabric provided by Fiat.
Cost Seat covers Rs 3300.
Neck Pillow Rs 200.
TOTAL Rs 3500.
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3992.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3993.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3995.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3996.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3997.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_4000.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3999.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_4001.jpg  

Old 1st April 2009, 17:41   #77
capri_cap

Black as color would make you feel hot, and I see a colr tome difference between the off white fabric on doors and the seat.

Would have looked better if it would have been matching.

Old 1st April 2009, 19:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Prash, the seat cover looks nice, you got it at a good price too, Congrats!
Old 1st April 2009, 20:03   #79
BHPian

Prash,
Seat covers look good, kind of suits my requirements.
Do the original seats have fabric covers too?
Did you remove them? If so, was the seat foam exposed or there was another cloth present underneath?

I have been reading variously on TBHP about art-leather, semi-leather etc.
Are these one and the same?
Also, art leather = artificial leather, right?

Can someone give comprehensive info on different fabric qualities in the artificial leather/semi-leather.
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Black as color would make you feel hot, and I see a colr tome difference between the off white fabric on doors and the seat.

Would have looked better if it would have been matching.
the colour on the door panel exactly matches with the cream on the seat covers. Its not at all different.
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Prash,
Seat covers look good, kind of suits my requirements.
Do the original seats have fabric covers too?
Did you remove them? If so, was the seat foam exposed or there was another cloth present underneath?

I have been reading variously on TBHP about art-leather, semi-leather etc.
Are these one and the same?
Also, art leather = artificial leather, right?

Can someone give comprehensive info on different fabric qualities in the artificial leather/semi-leather.
No the original seat are not covered with a fabric or so. It cannot be removed. These covers are fitted over it.
I guess semi - art - artificial are all same term used for non leather seat covers which look like leather.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Prash, nice pics and stunning colour, enjoy admiration and have a safe ride.CHEERS!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:28   #83
BHPian

cool!

the seat cover looks cool. i really don know where to put seat covers like this in chennai when my car comes next week. have been huntingplaces. but no one here has already had experience with linea. so i am kind of afraid of the thought that my car will be the gineapig for them to try.

what about the insuraance part linea owners? did u bargain with the dealers for discounts? . what insurance they gave with the car?. for me it costs 20745 in chennai for my linea emotion pack petrol. seems they will give tata aig. can i bargain and ask them to give discounts?. what about the tie up with the service station for cashless claim?
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:02   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Got the seat covers done from a local shop in south mumbai. He had lot of variety to select from.
Prash

can you PM me address & ph. no. of this shop in south mumbai?
i'm getting delivery of my linea on wednesday
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:31   #85
BHPian

Hi ! congrats...I picked up a minimal grey on Monday.

Plan on getting some 4M sun film and seat covers.... where did you buy your seat covers??
Old 6th April 2009, 11:00   #86
BHPian

Linea Mileage 25 Kmpl on decent highways

Prash. The dark and light mixed seat cover is really good. Even I wanted to go for dark shade, but the biege plastics didn't give me a choice. I was reluctant to try the mixed shade.

BTW, some more mileage report from my long drive.

Bangalore city to Coimbatore city (total 340Km as I see in odo, home to home, via Mettur and Bhavani). While going, I fired the engine for about 100 Kms between 140 Kmph and 165 Kmph. I never felt any lack of acceleration all the way till there. Whenever I wanted, I'm there. I was still spirited driver in the single lanes, that was about half of the distance I covered. I got a mileage of 17.4 Kmpl.

I wanted to do a mileage run, just for the sake of it. I say, for the sake of it, because I'm generally heavy footed and I had to undo myself to keep patience on highways. My wife agree, we must try. Two of us and a luggage of about 40Kgs!! Perfect.

We set the temperature to 26 degree Centigrade, auto with air re-circulalation. Tyre pressure was 33 psi when I filled a few days ago. I set the speed limit at 90Kmph with a beep. Coimbatore to Bhavani (just before hitting the small lanes), it was mostly good roads, but really painful truck traffic in single lane areas (which was 50% of the time), the display was showing 25.4 Kmpl about 97Km covered at the average speed of 58Kmph!! I knew that could be the best as I was going to hit even smaller and crowded Mettur road. Lately they had put a lot of speed humps and that would burn more fuel and slope is a gradual climb. As I expected, mileage dropped to somewhere around 23.5 Kmpl when I reached Mettur. From there it climbed further till 24+, but it had to come down again as I was frustrated with some buses and trucks in the uphill after Toppur before Dharmapuri. I fired a bit and the average went down to 23.2 Kmpl. By this time and distance covered was almost 200 and I knew improving the average from here is going to take a lot disciplined drive. I stopped for refuel in Krishnagiri. Continued and hit Hosur. 302Km done, average mileage at 23.7Kmpl. The road in Karnataka side is vert bad in some places due to the construction works going on. Fortunately traffic was decent even at 7:30pm on Sunday. Anyways, average of over 300Km cannot be pulled down badly in just another 40 Kms.

I reached home, 340Km, 23.5 Kmpl, within 6 hours at the average speed of 57Kmph. That was cool!! I might become a "mileage kitna hai" freak if this is the kind of fuel efficiency I get when I drive around 80Kmph.

Some important tips I followed, which I wouldn't do usually.
- If following a slow moving traffic, be very light on pedal. Press briefly just to keep pace and take the feet off the accelerator most of the time. It keeps rolling in in right gear.
- Accelerate hard to overtake only if I think that I don't need to put brake and patch up in a gap immediately after I overtake. This means overtake only if I see a clearance at the end of the line on my way and also if I see that opposite lane is also pretty clear.
- The toughest part, keep speed below 90Kmpl, which is insanely painful on the kind of multilanes in Krishnagiri highways. But then I take almost 5 hours even if I fire hard. An extra hour is okay if it saves so much fuel. It is anyway, 3 hours quicker than train (Train takes about 7 hours plus one hour to station plus 20 mins of waiting plus 40 mins from station to home).
Old 6th April 2009, 13:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

Excellent figures. Around 24 kmpl is just awesome. FIAT has hit the right spot.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:22   #88
BHPian

25KMPL!!! really cool buddy.

By the way, seat covers looks really nice.

What kind of semi leather / cotton is used, so, that you do not feel hot?
Old 6th April 2009, 17:29   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@Opendro: Thats a great mileage figure. By the way is this mileage with AC or without AC
Old 6th April 2009, 18:59   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Opendro: Thats a great mileage figure. By the way is this mileage with AC or without AC
With AC all the time on in auto mode, set at 26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks