Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 13:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Prash! Enjoy the Linea!
Old 4th March 2009, 13:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Lovely detailed pictures there Prash. Enjoy your ride! Have you started using the Blue & Me yet?

yes roms. the Blue & Me is up and running. And let me tell you its of great use. Now that i am use to it I find it missing in my Getz. Also while driving I miss the steering controls.
Blues & Me is worth going for.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Now the caution part. This new oil seems to be a synthetic one (at least from the bill). I have not read every detail carefully. I have a can with me and the fourth litre was hardly used. I can check and update on that later. For now I would assume that it is synthetic and made to last longer.

So, if it is really a synthetic one and if you believe that synthetic oil causes glaze in the cylinder walls and prevents a good break-in or runin, then my suggestion to every Linea owner would be to run this 3000 Km within 3 months. If you hardly use the car and they eventually change to synthetic oil after 3 months with very few on odo, then the engine may never complete the break-in. This is just my opinion if you believe in non-synthetic for run-in.
Do not really understand what this means.. but irrespective of that, do you believe that it applies both Diesel and Petrol versions? Based on my limited understanding, the answer should be yes. Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 4th March 2009, 14:37   #64
BHPian

nice pics prash!
linea looks amazing in red and black!
keep posting dude
Old 4th March 2009, 15:12   #65
BHPian

congrats prash,

nice car and nice pics too...

enjoy the ride and stay safe mano.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Prash. Enjoy the ride!
Old 4th March 2009, 15:23   #67
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Sorry for the last posting of the pics. I got my Linea on 2nd Feb but didnt have time to click pics and update it. So finally doing it.

Details abt the pics :
1) The stunning Linea
2) I just love these wipers. And you can also see Indias tallest towers on the glass as well as the hood. I reside just near those towers
3) Center console with Ganpati Bappa sitting above it.
4) To my shock i suppose for everyone, I got these floor mats along with the car at no extra cost.
5) Engine gaurd can been seen below the engine. My Accent had a plastic and this one is a thick metal one.
6) Stunning Fiat logo which looks just great in the front as well as the rear. The front looks much better as its fitted on the silver grill. So the red colour logo shows of well on it. You can see me also.
7) The USB connection in the glove box. At times its difficult to slot a pen drive in it.

Once again sorry for the late pics.

Great pics Prash. The car looks lovely. And lucky you, getting the mats for free. I had to shell out 1k for those.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Do not really understand what this means.. but irrespective of that, do you believe that it applies both Diesel and Petrol versions? Based on my limited understanding, the answer should be yes. Please let me know.

Thanks
Yes. Fundamentals of runin are same for both diesel and petrol engines. You can refer this link New Engine Break-in Procedure
Old 23rd March 2009, 03:21   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Sorry for the last posting of the pics. I got my Linea on 2nd Feb but didnt have time to click pics and update it. So finally doing it.

Details abt the pics :
1) The stunning Linea
2) I just love these wipers. And you can also see Indias tallest towers on the glass as well as the hood. I reside just near those towers
3) Center console with Ganpati Bappa sitting above it.
4) To my shock i suppose for everyone, I got these floor mats along with the car at no extra cost.
5) Engine gaurd can been seen below the engine. My Accent had a plastic and this one is a thick metal one.
6) Stunning Fiat logo which looks just great in the front as well as the rear. The front looks much better as its fitted on the silver grill. So the red colour logo shows of well on it. You can see me also.
7) The USB connection in the glove box. At times its difficult to slot a pen drive in it.

Once again sorry for the late pics.
Prash

Which dealership hv you purchased Linea from in Mumbai?

Can post pics of ur seat covers?
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi Linea Owners,

any one knows how to shuffle CD in Linea Audio System.
Media Player is shuffled by aying 'Play anything' or Shuffle On from Settings->Mediaplayer.

Please let me know
Old 31st March 2009, 11:00   #71
BHPian

My 3000 Km service booked tomorrow. I am itching to try the Petes PSI tuning box. I would follow Petes team soon.

A couple of weeks back, I was facing ground clearance worse than ever and mileage also dropping. I filled the tyre pressure to 34 for the front and 32 for the back just to try. It seems to be much better now.

I have a question for the experts. If I increase the tyre profile to 195/65, how much ground clearance I would get. I know that the rolling radius theoretically increases by 9.75 mm, which would make diesel Linea GC to 170mm (same as petrol one). But would that increase in rolling radius translate to increase in GC? I'm asking this question because, as the profile goes higher, the cushion depression on the contact point between the road and tyre also increases and thus I may not get all the 10mm that I'm expecting. I somehow don't want to try 205/65R15 (I have seen this profile only on Innova). Civic, Altis, Octavia also have 195/65 while Optra magnum has 195/60. 195/65 might not hurt much in wheel well as well as handling part. Experts, what do you think?

Last edited by opendro : 31st March 2009 at 11:06.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:47   #72
BHPian

16" tyres

Linea comes with 195/60 R15

Now R16 means 2 inches increase in diameter = 50mm increase! So total GC now > 200mm.

Is that right or am I missing something here?
Old 31st March 2009, 14:38   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Linea comes with 195/60 R15

Now R16 means 2 inches increase in diameter = 50mm increase! So total GC now > 200mm.

Is that right or am I missing something here?
No. I meant, 195/65 R15, not R16. I'm not going to change the rim now even though I would have preferred R16 or R17 if Fiat had offered for Indian market as well.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:16   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Opendro: Increasing the profile to 65 would do no harm. The overall diameter of the wheel increases by 9.75 mm which in turn should increase the ground clearance by 4.88 mm (9.75/2) which would be 161+ 4.88 = 165.88 mm.

However I'm not sure about the cushion depression, but if we consider it will shave off 20% of this increase in the dia, then the GC would be still be about 165 mm.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@ Opendro: Increasing the profile to 65 would do no harm. The overall diameter of the wheel increases by 9.75 mm which in turn should increase the ground clearance by 4.88 mm (9.75/2) which would be 161+ 4.88 = 165.88 mm.

However I'm not sure about the cushion depression, but if we consider it will shave off 20% of this increase in the dia, then the GC would be still be about 165 mm.
Thanks. BTW, I meant the rolling radius, not diameter, will increase by 9.75mm which is quite significant for what I want.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks