Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 19:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Prash, Congrats man! Grrrreat car indeed. Linea looks best in this colour. BTW, side profile resembles Optra. I think they both came out of the same design house.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:24   #92
BHPian

What FE you are getting in the city driving???
Old 9th April 2009, 16:58   #93
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

24 is a great fuel effeciency figure. Fiat has indeed hit the sweat spot. I figure that it will be the segment leader (both in its size and lower size segment) very soon.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:03   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
What FE you are getting in the city driving???
Embarrassed to say, I get 12. Hold on. I drive everyday from home to office jsut 3 Km and it takes about 15 to 20 mins to reach (average speed being below 10Kmph) and engine temperature has not even moved up a little bit.

Even when the road is free, assume my mileage, reset from home, reaches 17 Kmpl just before hitting the office gate. At the gate, be in the line for security check (boot, bags and under the engine) and then proceed to a congested parking, that would require me minimum three reverses!! By the time I turn off the engine, mileage drops to 12 again. Repeat the same everyday. I don't think I have any scope for better mileage for my drive :(

Going for trekking in Kudremukh, it will about 700 Km to and fro, four people and decent luggage. Not so great road, I assume. I will be back with another home to home mileage report. This time, different drivers will be driving, not just me. I would be happy if I get 18+.

Last edited by opendro : 10th April 2009 at 11:07.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:38   #95
BHPian

As promised, I'm back to update the mileage report from Bangalore to Kudremukh/Navooru and back (339 + 339 Kms from Diary Circle). Four adults and trunk full of luggage (tent, back pack, food, water, extra dress, mats etc). This time, I was driving purely for fun and spirit. 35% of the road was winding and sort of ghat roads. While going my Linea gave a mileage of 18.0 Kmpl (night driving, less traffic, single lane, average to good road, with a few very bad stretch).

Way back, it was an evening drive and peak traffic. Fire all the way. Speed all the way even if I see that I have to brake ahead. I still got 14.5 Kmpl. I'm still pretty happy
Old 13th April 2009, 13:01   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a good mileage from such a large/heavy car.

From the mileage front if we still expect more from the car, I believe we'll be going overboard with expectations.

@Opendro, great that you are liking the car more. At the end of day, i guess that what matters when you put your money on a particular car.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:14   #97
BHPian

thats great f.e maan.
and that too from a car of that size.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

opendro - great mileage! In fact amazing for a car of this size and weight. Enjoy.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:33   #99
BHPian

Fantastic A.S. service in Corcorde

So far I had been to Concorde for various reasons, mostly non-issues. They have been very good in response.

Today, I had to visit them as the plastic protection on the right side underbody was hanging a bit down after my another long drive over a bad bump. I called them before going and drove in. They just took 1 min to attend to my car and in another 15 mins I'm out. They had put another nut with washer. It must have been shaved off over the bump. It is not about how simple the job was. It was about how quickly and promptly they attended.

Hope they continue to do the same level of service.
Old 21st April 2009, 21:57   #100
BHPian

Fantastic Mileage Dude, a car of this size giving such astounding mileage is simply amazing.

Fiat seems to have hit the right spot with the Linea, also happy to know that A.S.S has improved a lot, this was the major concern for the prospective buyers, now they seem to be on a right track.

Enjoy the beauty.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:48   #101
BHPian

I have almost clocked 7000 Km now. Since the next service is far away, I thought I should check the air filter. I opened it and it was so dirty that I could almost shake off dirt or blow it off with mouth. I blew it off with the blower of vaccuum cleaner and next sucked. Not sure if there is any noticeable improvement in the performance, but it does give some peace psychologically. I need to buy some green filter or something that I can wash/clean and re-use.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I opened it
Can you do that without going to tata fiat dealership?. Is it recommended?. Can you tell me how to open?
Old 18th May 2009, 14:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Can you do that without going to tata fiat dealership?. Is it recommended?. Can you tell me how to open?
This is the easiest thing. As soon as you open the bonnet, furthest from you, closest to the wipers, there are three tiny bolts in one line. Open them and pull out the air filter. Without opening the lid, you can see the spongy (pink color I guess) edges of the filter around. If you still don't get it, I can show you in a picture.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Ok i will try that out and flush it with air. If not possible ill let you know.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:43   #105
BHPian

WoW! Already covered 7,000kms in 2.5 months! The diesel sure makes sense. Thanks for the info on the air filter location.
Incredible highway mileage figures. My petrol's best high way mileage has been 15kmpl and my odo's still at 960kms.

Last edited by pranava999 : 18th May 2009 at 14:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks