Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 20:59   #136
SSN
BHPian

Unlucky 13th

Hi Everyone,

Disaster struck this Saturday the 13th. There is some repair work going on in our building for the past 2 months. My car was parked in the building compound. Around 3.30 in the afternoon my dad woke me up from my sleep saying that the rear windscreen was smashed by falling debris from the roof. I just couldnt beleive it and rushed down immediately. I saw that a couple of small pieces of concrete had fallen directly on the windscreen and it was completely smashed.I was feeling angry and sad at the same time.My dad rushed up to the terrace and gave the contractor a piece of his mind. I was too upset to do even that. I was totally stunned. Your building compound is the last place where you expect mishaps like this to happen.

Once I recovered from the initial shock I called up Fortune Motors, Powai and asked them whether I could bring in my vehicle for repairs. That was when I got my second shock. They informed me that they didnt have the rear windscreen available and it would take them around 3-4 days to source it. To their credit they asked me to check with Wasan Motors, Kandivali which I did. Fortunately they had the part in stock and they asked me to bring the car in on Monday (today).

Today I took the car to Wasan Motors,Kandivali in the morning. I was attended to by the service advisor within 5 minutes. He inspected the car and gave me an estimate of around 8k. I have insured the car through ICICI Lomabard and he said that he would begin work on the car once the survey was done by the insurance people. He told me that he would inform me once the survey was done. I went home and waited for him to call. I waited till 4.30 in the evening. Then I called him up and asked him what the status was. He told me the survey was done and they had taken in the vehicle for the necessary repairs. I should be getting the vehicle back tomorrow.Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope everything turns out well.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:12   #137
Senior - BHPian

SSN,

Thats terrible news mate. I have been reading your thread from beginning to decide on my Linea and its extremely sad that those idiots damaged the black beauty

I got a shock when you wrote rear windscreen wasnt available and they would take 3-4 days but then some relief as other service centre has that. Your building is the safest place that you can park your car and they damaged it even there.

Atleast they didnt damage roof or boot door otherwise it would have been a tough job repairing the car and sourcing spares. So you are gtting the car tomorrow, prey that the service centre people do the job well and dont scratch the car as they are happy to help in scratching cars.
Keep us updated.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:39   #138
Senior - BHPian

Ouch SSN, that hurts! Ridiculous thing to happen. I hope that your beaut is returned to you soon in immaculate condition.

It was nice of the dealer in Powai to direct you to the right guys instead of keeping you waiting.

Cheers,
Old 15th June 2009, 23:56   #139
BANNED

Hey SSN

Very very unfortunate incidence.
I'll have to say Insurance survey & repairing is quite quick.
Which Service Advisor at wasan is working on your car ?
Also once you take delivery, post your service experience at wasan vs earlier 1st service at fortune
Old 16th June 2009, 00:10   #140
BHPian

Thats painful, SSN. Post pictures of the "Re done" Windscreen after the work is done . Do claim money from the contractor too. They cant be so careless with beauties around
Old 16th June 2009, 23:50   #141
SSN
BHPian

I got a call today morning at 9.45 saying that my the repair work on my car was done. This was really a pleasant surprise as I didn't expect them to deliver the vehicle in less than 24 hours. As I had some work which urgently needed my attention I told them that I would take the delivery at 2 PM. I was done with my work earlier than expected and hence reached Wasan Motors at 12.30 PM a full hour and a half early.

Right from the start I was being attended to by a Mr.Nishant who works in the Body Repair Cell at Wasan, Kandivali. He was surprised to see me so early and said that the vehicle was yet to be washed and cleaned and was scheduled to be delivered at 2 pm. I braced myself for a long wait as 1 pm to 2 pm is the lunch time at Wasan. But to my surprise he took me along with him for the inspection of the vehicle. I was satisfied with the work done and told him accordingly.

He then told me that that he would put the car cleaned up immediately. He then gave me all the required documents and asked me to make the payment immediately as the counter would close for lunch at 1 pm. The estimate given to me was around 8K , so imagine my surprise when I got a bill for an amount of Rs 4370. Of this around 3200 was being covered by insurance and I had to make a payment of 1200 which I did immediately. All this while Mr Nishant was personally supervising the cleaning and washing efforts of my car. And I got the car at 1.15 pm. I was absolutely amazed to see and experience the exempelary level of dedication and sincerity to the job which Mr Nishant showed today.Not once did I request him or tell him to try and get the vehicle delivered before time. He did everything on his own and he went out of his way to get it done. Car owners would be a happier lot if there are more such people around in service centers and dealerships.

Initial impression is that the job done on the windscreen is absolutely perfect. Would let you all know if it turns to to be different later . The overall experience was way beyond my expectations. Way to go Fiat...and Mr. Nishant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
SSN,

Thats terrible news mate. I have been reading your thread from beginning to decide on my Linea and its extremely sad that those idiots damaged the black beauty

I got a shock when you wrote rear windscreen wasnt available and they would take 3-4 days but then some relief as other service centre has that. Your building is the safest place that you can park your car and they damaged it even there.

Atleast they didnt damage roof or boot door otherwise it would have been a tough job repairing the car and sourcing spares. So you are gtting the car tomorrow, prey that the service centre people do the job well and dont scratch the car as they are happy to help in scratching cars.
Keep us updated.

Yeah. Damage to the body would have been really bad. And thankfully no scratches from the Service centre this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Ouch SSN, that hurts! Ridiculous thing to happen. I hope that your beaut is returned to you soon in immaculate condition.

It was nice of the dealer in Powai to direct you to the right guys instead of keeping you waiting.

Cheers,
Yeah. I agree. At least they didnt give me any false hopes and left me hanging
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Hey SSN

Very very unfortunate incidence.
I'll have to say Insurance survey & repairing is quite quick.
Which Service Advisor at wasan is working on your car ?
Also once you take delivery, post your service experience at wasan vs earlier 1st service at fortune
This was my first visit to Wasan but the difference in the service levels were clearly visible. They handle a lot more number of cars too. But frankly my experience at Fortune has been good too, but I felt that Wasan is much more organised than Fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Thats painful, SSN. Post pictures of the "Re done" Windscreen after the work is done . Do claim money from the contractor too. They cant be so careless with beauties around
Yeah. I am gonna claim the entire amount from the contractor and then some for the mental agony caused. Will post the redone pics soon
Old 17th June 2009, 00:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
I. I was satisfied with the work done and told him accordingly.

Initial impression is that the job done on the windscreen is absolutely perfect. Would let you all know if it turns to to be different later . The overall experience was way beyond my expectations. Way to go Fiat...and Mr. Nishant.
Very Very Good to hear your experience mate . You should treasure your beauty now and get a mini garage built for your lovely car from the same contractor. that would be his compensation
Old 17th June 2009, 14:49   #143
BANNED

Quote:
I got a call today morning at 9.45 saying that my the repair work on my car was done. This was really a pleasant surprise as I didn't expect them to deliver the vehicle in less than 24 hours.

Right from the start I was being attended to by a Mr.Nishant who works in the Body Repair Cell at Wasan, Kandivali. I braced myself for a long wait as 1 pm to 2 pm is the lunch time at Wasan. But to my surprise he took me along with him for the inspection of the vehicle. I was satisfied with the work done and told him accordingly.

He then told me that that he would put the car cleaned up immediately. He then gave me all the required documents and asked me to make the payment immediately as the counter would close for lunch at 1 pm. The estimate given to me was around 8K , so imagine my surprise when I got a bill for an amount of Rs 4370. Of this around 3200 was being covered by insurance and I had to make a payment of 1200 which I did immediately. All this while Mr Nishant was personally supervising the cleaning and washing efforts of my car. And I got the car at 1.15 pm. I was absolutely amazed to see and experience the exempelary level of dedication and sincerity to the job which Mr Nishant showed today.Not once did I request him or tell him to try and get the vehicle delivered before time. He did everything on his own and he went out of his way to get it done. Car owners would be a happier lot if there are more such people around in service centers and dealerships.

This was my first visit to Wasan but the difference in the service levels were clearly visible. They handle a lot more number of cars too. But frankly my experience at Fortune has been good too, but I felt that Wasan is much more organised than Fortune.
Hey nice to hear you got your beauty back.
Your experience with Wasan Kandivali is different than what I have experienced during my 5-6 visits. In your case you got the car back very very quickly (super express i would say). In my case, there were delays everytime & they always forgot to do certain items specified. Another thing I found out is I gave cars mostly on sundays & decided this time that from next time onwards, I'll give it on weekdays.
Have not yet met this Nishant guy. There are 2 advisors there - Vats & Narendra who are Linea advisors
Old 17th June 2009, 15:00   #144
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear the good experiences. Wish i had similar experience in chennai.........
Old 17th June 2009, 15:28   #145
BHPian

Good. Now the beauty is back to shape.
Make sure you get compensated for the the No claim bonus loss too.

Quote:
Yeah. I am gonna claim the entire amount from the contractor and then some for the mental agony caused. Will post the redone pics soon
Old 17th July 2009, 02:38   #146
SSN
BHPian

5000 km update

Hi guys,

Completed 5000 kms last week. And at last the chrome strip on both the rear quarter glasses came off. I was washing my car and all of a sudden one of the strip came off. And imagine my surprise when I checked and found that the other strip was missing. Dont know where I lost it. Most probably must have been on my trip to Pune.Am i the first one on the forum to lose a chrome strip?

And coming to my Pune trip my car got its first major scratch when a demented rickshaw driver came and banged against the car while I was waiting at a traffic signal. He just came speeding in from the opposite side, banged against my car and just sped away before I even realized what was happening. The result is some deep scratches and a small dent on the right rear quarter panel. I am planning to get it repaired next week. Clocked a top speed of 180 kph on the Mumbai Pune expressway. The handling on this car is absolutely fantastic.The car feels planted all the time. It inspires so much confidence and I just couldn't help pushing her to the limit. The rev counter was around the 5800 mark when I touched 180. I should say that to really fall in love with the Linea a highway or an expressway trip is mandatory. The FE i got on my Pune trip was 13.XX with AC on all the time. Am consistently getting 10.XX kpl in city conditions with AC on all the time.

Other than the chrome strip falling off there have been no niggling problems on my car. The performance of the car and the A.S.S has been way beyond my expectations. The ride quality and handling deserves a special mention. This is the first Fiat in our family and I had gone against the wishes and opinions of many when I decided to get this beauty home. But glad to say that now all those dissenting voices have been silenced not by me but by the car. By now I am used to the admiration. I have had to roll down the windows and give my feedback to people in other cars countless times while waiting at the traffic lights. Its something which I have never experienced with any of my other vehicles. All in all am a very proud and satisfied Linea owner.
Old 17th July 2009, 08:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all of a sudden one of the strip came off. And imagine my surprise when I checked and found that the other strip was missing. Dont know where I lost it. Most probably must have been on my trip to Pune.Am i the first one on the forum to lose a chrome strip?
Welcome to the club of falling chrome strips. I think now the rotation is complete and the chrome strips have been falling for almost everyone here. Just get back to the dealer and get it replaced free of cost.

Good to see that you have clocked the highest kmph in the forum. we could take it only till 170kmph. may be you were on a slope when you could do that.

Bad that the dent has happened. do keep up posted on how much they charge for all these dent and painiting issues..........

Enjoy the ride and admiration
Old 17th July 2009, 09:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Completed 5000 kms last week. And at last the chrome strip on both the rear quarter glasses came off. I was washing my car and all of a sudden one of the strip came off. And imagine my surprise when I checked and found that the other strip was missing. Dont know where I lost it. Most probably must have been on my trip to Pune.Am i the first one on the forum to lose a chrome strip?
Good SSN, 5k kms mark hit and nice to know that you didnt face any major issue apart from falling chrome strips . One of my chrome strip also had come off and i refixed it using fevi bond, pulled other out(easily came out) and refixed using Fevi bond. Time is bad on your car buddy, 1st the windshield smashed and now rickshaw banged.
180 kmph top speed, were you on a slope and engine must have been sounding a note which enthusiasists love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Welcome to the club of falling chrome strips. I Just get back to the dealer and get it replaced free of cost.
Enjoy the ride and admiration
Free of cost? No geeash, he can get 1 strip glued back but he will not get chrome strip which he lost, replaced free of cost. My SA told that chrome strips are being imported and thats why they are so expensive, a guy i met at serv centre had lost both his chrome strips, they told him to wait for 5-7 days and it will COST him to get them back.
Old 17th July 2009, 09:47   #149
Senior - BHPian

No. When i talked to mangesh he clearly told me that if the chromestrips have fallen because of the faulty glue issue he would replace it free of cost.
So just go to the service centre and blackeye them and get it free of cost........
Old 17th July 2009, 10:00   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Congratulations for 5K mark and sorry for the dent. Yes, admiration is there everywhere when we are driving our beauty and I have also faced the same 'Anti Fiat' voices and now two of them are proud owners of Linea themselves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
No. When i talked to mangesh he clearly told me that if the chromestrips have fallen because of the faulty glue issue he would replace it free of cost.
So just go to the service centre and blackeye them and get it free of cost........
Yes, I also had the same message from my dealer, so just go to the dealer and have brand new chrome strip free of cost.

Most Viewed