Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:38   #106
BANNED

SSN - Those Seat Covers are fabulous & matching with interiors. Where have you done it from & how much was the cost?
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:01   #107
BANNED

Friends - would like your suggestions on seat covers on my new sedan. I've booked Linea Emotion Pack Petrol Flamenco Red and considering Art leather seat covers.

Which colour combination goes best with this car colour & interiors?

will single-coloured look better or double-coloured?

I liked combination of SSN's Linea seat covers in this thread. tinkywinky Linea covers tone is also very good (but those are genuine leathers costing 22 K).

Also, alongwith seat covers, should one also go for same art leather for steering, Door armrest etc also?
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:42   #108
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
SSN - Those Seat Covers are fabulous & matching with interiors. Where have you done it from & how much was the cost?
Quote:
Friends - would like your suggestions on seat covers on my new sedan. I've booked Linea Emotion Pack Petrol Flamenco Red and considering Art leather seat covers.

I liked combination of SSN's Linea seat covers in this thread. tinkywinky Linea covers tone is also very good (but those are genuine leathers costing 22 K).

Also, alongwith seat covers, should one also go for same art leather for steering, Door armrest etc also?
Thanks. They cost me around 10K and i got it done from the dealer itself which happens to be Fortune Motors, Powai. I believe you can get it done cheaper outside but i didn't want to give the car to any unauthorized people so was prepared to pay a small premium for some peace of mind.

I personally like light single colour tones for the seat covers as the car appears more spacious. But maintaining it in a city a like Mumbai would be very tough and hence i opted for the double tone.From a practical point of view dual tones would be the way to go (one light and one dark).
Old 24th March 2009, 00:11   #109
BHPian

Quote:

Since I also have the same colored LINEA these are some of the combinations i had shortlisted, some are from this forum and the rest are from the internet.
Lets see if it helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-202l.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-02022009278.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-2503669471_b1f4883cd3.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-eclipse_leather_kit04.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-img_8449.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-interior.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-p5.jpg  

MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-seatleonfrleather150108.jpg  

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (305.9 KB, 370 views)
Old 24th March 2009, 07:33   #110
BHPian

My opinion about seat covers ... they have to closely match the interiors.

Linea has Black+beige interior. So best color options would be : black only, beige only or black+beige".

I read somwhere on TBHP that the official Linea seat covers (art leather) are 7k from the dealer. Then that's cheap enough I feel.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:23   #111
BHPian

7K not at all cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
My opinion about seat covers ... they have to closely match the interiors.

Linea has Black+beige interior. So best color options would be : black only, beige only or black+beige".

I read somwhere on TBHP that the official Linea seat covers (art leather) are 7k from the dealer. Then that's cheap enough I feel.
Hey i have done my Linea with black and beige colour seat covers. They look fantastic. I will get the pics for you all. And it was all done at 3500. Dealers buy seat covers from manufacturer and double the price and sell it in showroom.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:49   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hey i have done my Linea with black and beige colour seat covers. They look fantastic. I will get the pics for you all. And it was all done at 3500. Dealers buy seat covers from manufacturer and double the price and sell it in showroom.
Prash

Are they art leather? can you post pics?
& also let me know where in mumbai hv you done it?

I also like balck & biege combination after seeing SSN's Linea's Seat covers here on t-bhp
Old 25th March 2009, 12:09   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Prash

Are they art leather? can you post pics?
& also let me know where in mumbai hv you done it?

I also like balck & biege combination after seeing SSN's Linea's Seat covers here on t-bhp
I will be posting the pics on sunday or monday. Sorry but u'll will have to wait till then.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:36   #114
SSN
BHPian

Updates

Hello Everyone,

Was held up with some work. So wasn't able to post anything for the past 11 days. Glad to see the addition of some more Lineas on TeamBhp.

Updates:
Got a call again last week from Synovate asking my feedback about the Dealership and Ownership experience. I had to rate my various experiences on a scale 0f 1-10. The call lasted for 20-25 minutes. Looks like Fiat is sparing no effort on their part to improve their brand image in India.

Had a small problem with the door handle courtesy an overenthusiastic friend. There was some problem with front passenger side door handle and we were unable to open that door from the inside. Called up the dealer (Fortune Motors, Powai) and informed them about the problem. They asked me to get the vehicle to their service center any time as per my convenience. Went there on Saturday and the problem was fixed in 15 minutes. While at the dealer met a couple of people who were there to TD the Linea. Seeing my car they asked me about my opinion. Both of them had shortlisted the Linea and ANHC and were more inclined towards the Linea.

On saturday after my visit to the service center me and four of my friends left on a trip to Shirdi. I had been to Shirdi last month but that was during the run-in period. However this time I was done with the run-in and I took the oppurtunity to really push the vehicle to its limit. Guys, the handling of this car is unbelievable. Driving in the Ghat section this time was a revelation. I was driving around curves and hairpins in the 70-90 kmph range and at all times the vehicle felt planted firmly. She really is wonderful to drive.She goes where you want her to go. Really inspires confidence and asks to be pushed. Three of my friends were sleeping in the rear seat and all of them remained asleep while I was throwing her around bends at these speeds, no body roll at all. Talking about the overall performance I did the 270 odd kilometers to Shirdi in 3 1/2 hrs and anyone who is familiar with the state of the roads on that route would agree that it is not possible to do so in an underpowered vehicle. Top speed achieved was 160 kmph and the average was 12.XX per litre. The return journey was more sedate and the average she gave was 13.XX. All the figures are with AC on at 16 degrees (outside temperature ranged from 40-45 degrees) with five fully grown (at least physically ) adults in the car.The more I drive this car the more I am loving it.
Old 6th April 2009, 23:53   #115
BHPian

thats a good update on your fiat linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
The more I drive this car the more I am loving it.
this is a character of FIAT vehicles....
Old 7th April 2009, 07:39   #116
BHPian

vahanpujari
seems stanley is the best for leather seatcovers and art leather. a tad bit costly but seems the finishing and quality is top notch. its has got its showrooms in most metros . have a look at their websites

:: Welcome to Stanley Boutique ::

Last edited by drashkum : 7th April 2009 at 07:40. Reason: typing mistake
Old 7th April 2009, 08:11   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
this is a character of FIAT vehicles....
Sanjay, cant agree with you more then this, very rightly said, the more you drive a FIAT the more you fall in love with it.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:28   #118
BHPian

congrats bud! I was tempted to go in for the black but my previous car is black and maintaining her was an issue. it was heartbreaking to see new scratches every other week, all the best keep it clean. so far the car has been wonderful and lets just hope the after sales service standards will be good. sevice intervals being 15000 kms, after the initial service.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th April 2009 at 10:37.
Old 1st May 2009, 22:21   #119
SSN
BHPian

Updates

Hi Everyone,

Was away for sometime from T-Bhp. And boy it looks like a flood of Lineas out here. Wonderful to see so many Lineas on T-BHP. I have spotted a lot of Lineas on Mumbai roads in the past few days. In fact in the area in which I stay there are four Lineas within a 1 km radius. So looks like Fiat is doing well for now in spite of all the apprehensions during and after the launch. Hope they keep up the good work. According to me the main factor for the success till now is the pricing. The Linea is real value for money at its current pricing.

Have done over 2500 km on my car. The experience till now has been wonderful. Only had one minor problem with the front passenger door handle which i had mentioned in my previous post which was rectified by a short trip to the service center. There has been a small rattling sound from the front passenger door side sometimes for the past couple of days. Haven't been able to narrow down the source but i feel it is a loose panel. Can only hear it sometimes and only when the vehicle is going over a rough patch of road. I plan to get it fixed during the first service which is due soon. Other than that absolutely no issues. Ride and Handling are excellent.
Overall am very very satisfied with the car till date.

Kms done: 2500+ kms
Mileage: 10.XXX in city and 13.XXX on Highway (AC on all the time)
Top Speed achieved till date: 160 kmph
Old 20th May 2009, 14:40   #120
BHPian

SSN-Need your opinion!

Hi!

My bro-in-law owns a petrol linea emothion pk and has done about 700kms on ODO. He is not happy with the engine of the car. He says, the power of the engine is not good. (He was driving Maruti esteem for last few years, and says, esteem was more responsive than the new linea). Post his complaint, I test drove a linea which has done about 4500 kms on the ODO. I found the car to be very good barring 2nd gear, which I found sluggish till the time it reaches 2000 rpm. Post that, it is responsive. I found the other 4 gears quite ok. I also drove the car at 40kmph while being on 5th gear, and climed a flyover without changing the gear. The car, though slowly, but effortlessly climbed the flyover and overtook a bus(with 2 people in the car). My question is

1. Is there an improvement in the engine response once you clock more than 2000kms on the ODO?
2. Do you also feel, the engine is underpowered and sluggish (especially in 2nd gear and also in other gears)?
3. Do you feel, linea is not responsive, when you are overtaking while being on a highway (especially when you are on a 2 lane highway, like the road to Shirdi)

Just for your info, I drive a 1.6 lt. Fiat Adventure. Honestly, I didn't find much gap between the power of adventure and linea, though, I did feel Adventure to be little more powerful than the Linea (barring, 2nd gear response, where I found the Linea to be sluggish in lower RPMs)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks