Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 13:58   #91
BHPian

I can still see Linea deisel being tested on Pune roads ( along with Puntos). I would assume Fiat is gonna release 1.6 Ltr Multijet.....

Raneesh
Attached Thumbnails
MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-punto-n-linea.jpg  

Old 17th March 2009, 14:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Built for cruising the highways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
some questions for you. if you may be kind enought to answer it would be great.

1)whats the difference in the sound quality of blue and me and the audio system you have. i am asking about the sound quality here.?

2) is it 95 horse power or 90 horse powered engine. for city it should be okay but how does it feel on highways. (overtaking etc). they say its underpowered but does it really affects performance. i mean can you cruise around 100-120 with Linea?

3) whats the top speed ? how fast have you gone. or how fast it could go you think.

4) your favorite thing about Linea.
I do not know about the other points, but I can assure you about the Linea's cruising capability.

I was following Downsouth's Linea on a TBHP drive this Sunday. He was sticking to 2500 rpm as he was running-in his 150 Km old car. The car was maintaining speeds of about 90 Kmph. At those speeds - it was very planted and stable on the highway. It had no problems overtaking traffic (Downsouth had restricted himself to 3000 rpm for overtaking). The car climbed hills effortlessly at those speeds. I would love to see Downsouth take the leash off that car once he crosses the 1500 km mark on his odo. I am certain that it can cruise comfortably at the speeds you mention.

Cheers,
Old 17th March 2009, 14:11   #93
BHPian

I can still see Linea deisel being tested on Pune roads ( along with Puntos). I would assume Fiat is gonna release 1.6 Ltr Multijet.....

Raneesh
Old 17th March 2009, 14:19   #94
BHPian

Can any linea owner tell me how to reset the milometer to 0 (as posted elsewhere that it can be zeroed once before 250 kms). Would appreciate any kind of help.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:32   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Please go and tell them that the Linea and the Grande Punto need bigger engines. Let the current engines continue to do duty, we understand that Fiat needs to set the perception that their cars are heavy on fuel right but there are people ready to pay for a more performance oriented Fiat. The firepower is avaliable with Fiat - 1.4 T-Jet and 1.6 or 1.9 MJD, all thats needed is fine tuning of these engines and the Indian variants will be ready for roll out.
I agree. But also mention that current configuration should continue too. At every ownership report, there is a question of 'How much does it give' always popping up . As much as I would have liked to see scorching engines, I feel FIAT finally got it right by addressing where it really mattered. F. E.

I really want the Linea to do well. That would inturn give a longer life to all the FIAT cars which we already own!
Old 17th March 2009, 14:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneeshvijayan View Post
Raneesh
One of my friends closely related to FIAT told me that FIAT is testing '1.6' engine. I do not wish to spread any rumor so never shared this. But something is definitely cooking up
Old 17th March 2009, 15:00   #97
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Any chance you feel the Linea petrol is underpowered?I mean accelerating in the city and overtaking.

The top speed you have reached so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
some questions for you. if you may be kind enought to answer it would be great.

1)whats the difference in the sound quality of blue and me and the audio system you have. i am asking about the sound quality here.?

2) is it 95 horse power or 90 horse powered engine. for city it should be okay but how does it feel on highways. (overtaking etc). they say its underpowered but does it really affects performance. i mean can you cruise around 100-120 with Linea?

3) whats the top speed ? how fast have you gone. or how fast it could go you think.

4) your favorite thing about Linea.
1) I dont know about Blue and Me as mine is an Emotion variant. The sound quality of the audio system is no great shakes. It is ok at low and medium decibels but at higher levels there is a lot of distortion. So an upgrade would be mandatory for an audiophile.

2) It is 90 hp for the petrol. No problems whatsoever in overtaking in the city or highways. As mentioned in one of my previous post I made a Mumbai Shirdi trip and I was cruising between the 90-110 kmph mark most of the time. Did a lot of overtaking and never felt any lack of power at any time.

3)During this trip for a brief while I gave into temptation and forgot about the running in period and I touched a speed of 140kmph. This was between 4000-45000 rpm so there was still some way to go. I guess top speed would be around the 170 kmph mark. Will let you know the actual figure as soon as I am done with the running in .

4)My favorite thing would be the ride and handling (besides the looks of course).
Old 17th March 2009, 16:03   #98
BHPian

Any idea when SX4 diesel is getting launched??

That might give tough competition to Linea,esp since its a Maruti
Old 17th March 2009, 17:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
One of my friends closely related to FIAT told me that FIAT is testing '1.6' engine. I do not wish to spread any rumor so never shared this. But something is definitely cooking up
great news dude 1.6L engine would be a great option for Linea.
May be they can improve plastic quality as well
Old 17th March 2009, 17:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I agree. But also mention that current configuration should continue too. At every ownership report, there is a question of 'How much does it give' always popping up . As much as I would have liked to see scorching engines, I feel FIAT finally got it right by addressing where it really mattered. F. E.

I really want the Linea to do well. That would inturn give a longer life to all the FIAT cars which we already own!
I couldn't agree more that since the tie-up with TATA and a slew of diesel engines and finally the Linea, things are starting to look up for Fiat. In this exuberation, I hope FIAT doesn't forget its die hard fan following and produce a few low volume scorchers as well (Like Skoda VRS, Getz CRDi and Chevy SRV)
Old 17th March 2009, 20:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This was with 100% AC?

this is the efficiency i have gotten with 40% ac..
Old 19th March 2009, 03:44   #102
SSN
BHPian

Linea Owners Meeting

Yesterday I attended the a meeting of fellow Fiat Linea owners at Mumbai. It was conducted by Synovate for Fiat at their Andheri office in Mumbai.The agenda was the Linea buying and ownership experience.
A small disclaimer first:These are the views and experiences which were put forth by other owners in the meeting and not my opinions

I Was told that they were expecting around 10-15 people for the meet but only 5 people turned up including me.All were Petrol version owners. 3 of us owned the emotion and 2 had the Emotion Pack.3 of us had the Black linea and the other two had the Flamenco Red.I was the only TBhpian among them.All the others owned more than one car. The meeting went on for 2 1/2 hrs and a lot of points were discussed. The discussion was quite lively and I will list out the important points.

1) None of those present had the Linea in their list when they set out to buy a new car. In fact one of the guys had booked the ANHC in the morning and later in the day after seeing the Linea he went and canceled his ANHC booking. 4 out of 5 present had decided to buy the ANHC before the Linea came into the picture. The most important factor that prompted a change in the decision was the pricing. Honda was way overpriced when compared to the Linea in terms of Features provided. Linea in everyones opinion was VFM.

2) Fiat teaming up with Tata was an important factor which made them consider an offering from Fiat. All of those present had a very negative opinion about Fiat before the Linea came into the picture. But their alliance with Tata for After Sales Service was a major reassurance. But everyone is still apprehensive about the After Sales Service.

3) 2 of those present were unhappy with their dealership experience. The people who had opted for the Emotion pack had to wait for around 2 months after booking for the delivery while the Emotions were delivered in 3-4 weeks.

4) One of the owners present was unhappy with the mileage as he was getting an FE of 8 km/ ltr in city driving. The others were getting an average of 10-11 km/ltr.

5) One owner had problems with the bonnet release handle and the wipers which were rectified after a couple of visit to the dealer.

6) Only One of the owners present was of the opinion that the car was underpowered.

7) Everyone was of the opinion that the turning radius was too big.

8) Everyone was more than satisfied with the ride quality and the handling of the car. The vehicle always feel planted on the road, was the unanimous opinion. Everyone was more than satisfied with the space and the legroom in the car. No one had any complaints regarding the headroom and the seating position.

9) The Linea's looks and pricing were the major factor which influenced them to go in for the Linea.

The meeting was followed by dinner and everyone was given a Shoppers Stop gift voucher . I was informed that they had scheduled more batches of Linea owners for similar meetings and the next batch was scheduled for the coming Saturday.

Already a very long post. Will add more later
Old 19th March 2009, 10:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks Bro for updating us. I hope FIAT will learn something out of these meetings. BTW conducting such meetings is itself an improvement.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:07   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Yesterday I attended the a meeting of fellow Fiat Linea owners at Mumbai. It was conducted by Synovate for Fiat at their Andheri office in Mumbai.The agenda was the Linea buying and ownership experience.
A small disclaimer first:These are the views and experiences which were put forth by other owners in the meeting and not my opinions

I Was told that they were expecting around 10-15 people for the meet but only 5 people turned up including me.All were Petrol version owners. 3 of us owned the emotion and 2 had the Emotion Pack.3 of us had the Black linea and the other two had the Flamenco Red.I was the only TBhpian among them.All the others owned more than one car. The meeting went on for 2 1/2 hrs and a lot of points were discussed. The discussion was quite lively and I will list out the important points.

1) None of those present had the Linea in their list when they set out to buy a new car. In fact one of the guys had booked the ANHC in the morning and later in the day after seeing the Linea he went and canceled his ANHC booking. 4 out of 5 present had decided to buy the ANHC before the Linea came into the picture. The most important factor that prompted a change in the decision was the pricing. Honda was way overpriced when compared to the Linea in terms of Features provided. Linea in everyones opinion was VFM.

2) Fiat teaming up with Tata was an important factor which made them consider an offering from Fiat. All of those present had a very negative opinion about Fiat before the Linea came into the picture. But their alliance with Tata for After Sales Service was a major reassurance. But everyone is still apprehensive about the After Sales Service.

3) 2 of those present were unhappy with their dealership experience. The people who had opted for the Emotion pack had to wait for around 2 months after booking for the delivery while the Emotions were delivered in 3-4 weeks.

4) One of the owners present was unhappy with the mileage as he was getting an FE of 8 km/ ltr in city driving. The others were getting an average of 10-11 km/ltr.

5) One owner had problems with the bonnet release handle and the wipers which were rectified after a couple of visit to the dealer.

6) Only One of the owners present was of the opinion that the car was underpowered.

7) Everyone was of the opinion that the turning radius was too big.

8) Everyone was more than satisfied with the ride quality and the handling of the car. The vehicle always feel planted on the road, was the unanimous opinion. Everyone was more than satisfied with the space and the legroom in the car. No one had any complaints regarding the headroom and the seating position.

9) The Linea's looks and pricing were the major factor which influenced them to go in for the Linea.

The meeting was followed by dinner and everyone was given a Shoppers Stop gift voucher . I was informed that they had scheduled more batches of Linea owners for similar meetings and the next batch was scheduled for the coming Saturday.

Already a very long post. Will add more later
hey thanks and good that you attended, atleast we all can know whats the company is upto and nice to see fiat talking directly with owners which is good for the company as well as the car itself if those feedbacks are taken into account and issues resolved. Not much owners attended was not good and also no diesel owner showed up hopefully in second meet might see some diesel owner may be from bhp turn up and share it.Keep updating.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:20   #105
Senior - BHPian

@SSN- seems like Fiat is making extra efforts this time to ensure the product may not flop. Also augurs well for the GP launch stated in may-june.
Does any other car makers also hold any such meetings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks