Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 09:50   #46
BHPian

TD'd the 4x4 from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, the Xenon has some nice road presence, People will move when the see it coming. Liked it very much, for Tata standards it miles ahead. But unfortunatly din't have the time to check its 4x4 capability though used the 4H on the regular streets before droping the car back to the dealer, the ride is pretty good and managable far better than the TL or the 207Di though its based on the same platform as the 207, but having a couple of sand bags in the rear would suerly help comfort you when you drive it empty.

My 4x4 Xenon XT is being delivered to me this comming monday, its a pity that even after paying up in the full I have to wait for six days for the vehicle, by the way the on-road pricing for the 4x2 is Rs 9,03,503 and the 4x4 is Rs 10,16,261 (Bangalore).

For a car costing Rs 8,52,019, its a pity we in karnataka pay a road-tax of Rs 1,21,840, and still have to make use of the 4x4 system avilable on the vehicle to get around, as our infrastructure is so good.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
My 4x4 Xenon XT is being delivered to me this comming monday, its a pity that even after paying up in the full I have to wait for six days for the vehicle, by the way the on-road pricing for the 4x2 is Rs 9,03,503 and the 4x4 is Rs 10,16,261 (Bangalore).

For a car costing Rs 8,52,019, its a pity we in karnataka pay a road-tax of Rs 1,21,840, and still have to make use of the 4x4 system avilable on the vehicle to get around, as our infrastructure is so good.
Congrats buddy, so we can expect to get a full test report soon. along with details pics.
Six days is a small waiting period , the TL had around 15-20 days after paying full.
Huge difference in prices , Goa On road price for 4x4 is 9.5Lacs.

Last edited by dinar : 11th April 2009 at 14:30.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First Xenon @ TBHP.

Congrats Memo.

What was its competition/ what made you buy it?
Old 12th April 2009, 12:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Tata attempted launching this vehicle ( slightly different body, more like the earlier Safari ) in the Dubai Auto show of 1997.

The 4x4 had an electronic shift with a rotary dial.

It was priced lower than category leader, Toyota Hi Lux, but the 4x4 version failed to take off.

They sold a few 2x4 versions but in the low price segment too the cheaper Chinese versions like Great Wall and Deer, which had suprerior Japanese, Korean technology drivetrain systems, stole a march over the TATA and it failed.

As for the 4x4 category, Toyota Hi Lux remains supreme, with Toyota Landcruiser 78 being the preferred choice for more extreme applications.
Old 12th April 2009, 12:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Tata attempted launching this vehicle ( slightly different body, more like the earlier Safari ) in the Dubai Auto show of 1997.

The 4x4 had an electronic shift with a rotary dial.

It was priced lower than category leader, Toyota Hi Lux, but the 4x4 version failed to take off.
They sold (and still sell) the TL (207 with a lift) with a diesel engine. No takers for diesel here.

They still manage some small numbers, though - you do see them around.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
First Xenon @ TBHP.

Congrats Memo.

What was its competition/ what made you buy it?
Thanks JK, but I don't think mine is the first on TBHP, waiting for the delivery, the car(I mean the truck) is here and confirmed by reliable sources actually two of them.

The Scorpio Getaway.. is the competition but I din't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Congrats buddy, so we can expect to get a full test report soon. along with details pics.
Six days is a small waiting period , the TL had around 15-20 days after paying full.
Huge difference in prices , Goa On road price for 4x4 is 9.5Lacs.
even the Xenon has a waiting period of 10-15 days, as I din't go for a choice of colour and asked them for the first one ready at the plant I am getting it in 6 days, of the 4 colours it has the red, white and black take a longer delivery time than the white as per the dealer, as a mineral red one was available for dispatch I picked the same.

Last edited by memo45_m : 12th April 2009 at 19:57.
Old 12th April 2009, 20:07   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

@Memo45, Congrats !
Quote:
memo45_m : .. the ride is pretty good and managable far better than the TL or the 207Di ..
Any comparison with it's predecessors will not really be realistic. Esp not with the 207 Di.

The Xenon's relationship with the Sumo Grande is what the 207 IDI meant to the Sumo.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They sold (and still sell) the TL (207 with a lift) with a diesel engine. No takers for diesel here.

Recently i have seen quite a few numbers of new TL 2.0 petrol with mpfi stickers all over it.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

OT: Pardon my ignorance, but why are diesels not popular in the Gulf? Is it merely because petrol is cheap? I've heard that the Gulf countries are full of 4x4s that zip at very high speeds (compared to India) on highways... do they mostly have large petrol engines, then, and fuel efficiency be damned?
Old 12th April 2009, 22:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
OT: Pardon my ignorance, but why are diesels not popular in the Gulf? Is it merely because petrol is cheap? I've heard that the Gulf countries are full of 4x4s that zip at very high speeds (compared to India) on highways... do they mostly have large petrol engines, then, and fuel efficiency be damned?
Dr Ben

Diesel costs more than twice the price of petrol out here and the price of diesel / litre is comparable to the price of Petrol back home in Ind.

On top of that, not many pumps stock diesel and there is usually a small queue outside pumps that stock diesel as they only have one dispenser for diesel (normally).

Which is why carwashes here look shocked when you suggest using diesel to wipe off stains/tar. They prefer petrol.
Old 12th April 2009, 22:25   #56
BHPian

Thanks! (I didn't get the Dr Ben reference, but never mind if it'll get too off-topic...)
Old 14th April 2009, 21:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey memo, did you get the vehicle?
Old 15th April 2009, 16:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Hey memo, did you get the vehicle?
ya i did get the vehicle but there is some issues with the delivery as well as the car.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Memo, congrats, hope you're starting a separate thread for this - looking forward to some ownership experiences for this vehicle.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ya i did get the vehicle but there is some issues with the delivery as well as the car.
Congrats buddy, Delivery issue is OK, issue with the truck, nothing serious I hope.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks