Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 15:38   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Memo, congrats, hope you're starting a separate thread for this - looking forward to some ownership experiences for this vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Congrats buddy, Delivery issue is OK, issue with the truck, nothing serious I hope.
Sorry slightly OT but the new vehicle deliver to me is the demo vehicle the Concorde Motors was using, Starting a new thread on the same.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
Sorry slightly OT but the new vehicle deliver to me is the demo vehicle the Concorde Motors was using, Starting a new thread on the same.
Memo - are u getting the demo vehicle used by the dealership ? why are you taking it ? are you getting some deep discount ?
Old 16th April 2009, 20:49   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont touch that. It had clutch issues when I took her out for a TD. And you can guarantee that I was quite rough with her.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHAT? your taking delivery of the demo vehicle. why? that vehicle is with them for over 5 months now, it will be abused vehicle buddy.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:46   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Memo's buying a non-Maruti product! That's saying something. Congratulations

Quote:
Dude, get it checked inside out. I presume the only reason you've picked up a demo car is due to the massive discount as well as a solid warranty?
Old 17th April 2009, 23:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Memo's buying a non-Maruti product! That's saying something. Congratulations ?
Thanks GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Dude, get it checked inside out. I presume the only reason you've picked up a demo car is due to the massive discount as well as a solid warranty?
the answer is in the 58th post on this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sed-xenon.html
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:17   #67
BHPian

Congrats Memo - hope you got it by now. Now for some pix and initial impression.
Quote:
My 4x4 Xenon XT is being delivered to me this coming monday,
Old 30th April 2009, 17:30   #68
BHPian

Congrats, what about registration?

Congrats for getting the Xenon. I've been considering it as well.

One issue is also private registration. I was told that e.g. with the Getaway you can only get commercial registration. No way I want the hassle of yellow number plates.

Since the Getaway and Xenon are both pickups I was wondering whether you are getting pvt registration for the Xenon?

Do let us know your initial feedback
onlinestuffa
Old 30th April 2009, 18:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa View Post
Congrats for getting the Xenon. I've been considering it as well.

One issue is also private registration. I was told that e.g. with the Getaway you can only get commercial registration. No way I want the hassle of yellow number plates.

Since the Getaway and Xenon are both pickups I was wondering whether you are getting pvt registration for the Xenon?

Do let us know your initial feedback
onlinestuffa
I have seen Getaway on Private Number Plates in Hyderabad and Karnataka. Don't know whether its the same in Delhi and NCR. BTW both are BS-III so shouldn't be a problem.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:03   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

These vehicles are classified as passenger vehicles in their approval and can be had with private plates in most sates in the south. Incidentally the latest Bolero Camper Delux that was launched with the PS/AC can also be registered as a private vehicle.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
These vehicles are classified as passenger vehicles in their approval and can be had with private plates in most sates in the south. Incidentally the latest Bolero Camper Delux that was launched with the PS/AC can also be registered as a private vehicle.

Thanks for the info, 4x4addict. Really weird why the Mahindra dealer in Gurgaon is then saying that they can only offer the Getaway with commercial plates. I even told him that if the Xenon is available for private reg. (Tata dealer said it was possible) why not the Getaway, but he said it was not possible. Said he didn't want to sell me the car under false assurances.

How does one argue with them.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:58   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks for the info, 4x4addict. Really weird why the Mahindra dealer in Gurgaon is then saying that they can only offer the Getaway with commercial plates. I even told him that if the Xenon is available for private reg. (Tata dealer said it was possible) why not the Getaway, but he said it was not possible. Said he didn't want to sell me the car under false assurances.

Check with the RTO to see if any vehicles have been registered before and also try to get help from Mahindra. I would think that there will already be some existing vehicle that the RTO has registered and you can use that as an example. These vehicles are definitely classified as passenger versions and not commercial vehicles. You can verify from the document that manufacturer has to submit to the RTO for the registration.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In Hyderabad its only available on commercial plate.

Quote:

The way it works is, once a vehicle is developed by a company it has to go for statutory tests for applications and category at either ARAI or VRDE which is also known as homologation. Once a vehicle is checked and passed by ARAI/VRDE, A test copy certificate is given to the manufacturer. This test certificate then needs to submitted to each state's STA or Transport Commissioner for allowing registeration in their respective states. So if a vehicle can be used both in private and commercial purposes, two applications need to be filed. Sometimes manufacturers (depending on numbers of sale) don't get every vehicle in every state passed under each category as getting a vehicle certified for any category takes about 2 months and umpteen rounds of the RTO/TC Office.

It might be that the Getaway might not have been filed for Private use, but if you insist and are willing to wait, M&M might just get it done for you.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

It might be that the Getaway might not have been filed for Private use, but if you insist and are willing to wait, M&M might just get it done for you.

Thanks for explaining MileCruncher. Haven't decided on the Getaway, in fact the likelihood is looking low, but good to know what one can do.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

But than How does the 207DI gets yellow plates in most of karnatak [state] and can be registered as private in belgaum and surrounding areas. I know for sure as I was going to buy one couple of years back.
Same is the case in Punjab, remember the x-bhp support vehicle a 207DI, it was PB reg, with White pales.
And by the way there were two getaways down in goa last month with delhi reg whit plates. So onlinestuffa ,please check with another dealer or call the sales office.

Hey memo, any updates on the xenon? what happend with the negotiations with TATA, and did you pick the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks