Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 21:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Viking , Congrats. Looks awesome . Seems like Linea is all over Team - Bhp.
Good for Fiat. I hope the sales improve further.
Old 6th March 2009, 21:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Viking and happy driving.

OT: This should be the "shortest thread title ever" ?
Old 6th March 2009, 21:55   #33
SSN
BHPian

Congrats Viking. Great pics. The car looks great. Did you get any freebies from the dealer? What are the accessories you added?
Old 6th March 2009, 22:44   #34
BHPian

Great looking car viking also great fuel efficiency enjoy your ride
Old 6th March 2009, 23:13   #35
BHPian

Viking,
How much was the odo reading when you took delivery of the car? I have booked one linea too and the dealer has reset it to zero. So we refused to take the car.
Old 7th March 2009, 11:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Viking,
How much was the odo reading when you took delivery of the car? I have booked one linea too and the dealer has reset it to zero. So we refused to take the car.
Very good point Harshavarthan, even i would like to know what was the odo reading at the time of delivery. Want to be utterly careful while taking my delivery.
Old 7th March 2009, 12:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

VIKING, congratulations for your beauty, surely its raining linea not just in bhp but around country, nice colour too. Have a safe ride and surely enjoying the admiration.
Old 7th March 2009, 13:54   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Very good point Harshavarthan, even i would like to know what was the odo reading at the time of delivery. Want to be utterly careful while taking my delivery.
The odo reading was 43kms at the time of PDI at Lalbagh road Prerana. Considering that Prerana's yard is somewhere in Peenya, I though it was an OK figure. I got to see it as soon as it arrived from the yard. All dusty. Had a look inside the bonnet. It was pretty clean.
By the time it was delivered 2 days later (I decided to wait till the Licence plate was fixed.) it had done another 20 odd, to Indira Nagar RTO and for delivery at Sarjapur Road. Thought it was quite reasonable.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:04   #39
BHPian

great pics viking!
the car simply looks gorgeous!
and a great FE figure too!
Old 7th March 2009, 14:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
For concorde in Prabhadevi, the odo reading should be about 50KM. A friend of mine picked up a Swift from Sai Service, Lower Parel and the odo reading was 52 KM. Both Concorde and Sai Service have their stock yards at Bhiwandi.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:14   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Congrats Viking. Great pics. The car looks great. Did you get any freebies from the dealer? What are the accessories you added?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
Hi VIKING , that's one beautifull car you've got there , the car looks awesome in this colour. Update us on the accessories planned/added ( sun film , seat covers etc.)
Thank you SSN and Dieseled. I am afraid NO freebies from the dealer. I have just got medium sun film installed on the 4 windows and the rear quarter glass. Since the rear has got a sun blind, did not bother with film on the rear. Also I like to have a clear vision at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Congrtatulations Viking.

In one of your statements you have mentioned to deduct 4 from the FE shown in the display. Can you please explain me how does this calculation work?
Also i need to know the reboot thing of the Blue and Me. I mean if i disconnect the battery, wont my other settings as trip meters and paired mobiles with blue and me get affected?
And which mobile do you use? I have N70 and the Blue and Me does not read the msges received. Can you please explain me is there any way I can activate this feature. Apart from this my mobile is working proper with the Blue and Me. Ya but when i give numbers (digits) it gets confused and does not select proper numbers. Never could I call that way. Do you have any idea about this? If yes than please let me know.
Have happy motoring buddy and keep updating your reviews.
Thank you Prash.
Sorry, I don't have a calculation for this. I just assumed this based on stuff I have read on this forum that the Trip Meter averages are usually not accurate. I guess technical gurus on this forum may be able to answer this.
On the reboot, I expected the Microsoft Box inside the glove box to reset to factory default. However, as soon as the ignition was turned on Blue&Me was requesting access to the phone. So, pairing is not reset. However, date time and both trip meters got reset.
I use a Sony Ericsson W880i. I have not tried this, but I understand instead of saying Dial followed by number, you can say "Call [Name from contacts]"
Have you checked if N70 is 100% compatible. There are specific instructions for a few phones on the FIAT site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Congratulations Viking ....a Great Choice indeed ..the Linea !!!

Did you also consider the Petrol (FIRE engine) version before buying your MultiJet ???? What is your take on the FIRE Engine (if you test drove it i.e.) .....I test drove Linea Petrol Emotion Pk and liked everything about the drive.....Actually i was so overwhelmed by what i saw of the car in the showroom that i was less attentive while driving .....i just loved the Blue& ME and the Consolr features (Economy figures/ distance to refill etc.) ....What just got my 100% vote was the look of the car from rear ...it is just too classy ...a D-segment car is what it looks like ...... I would like to know what is the Right Engine for Linea - best of the 2 (if not both) - FIRE or MULTIJET ???!!!!!!! THANKS ALL
Thank you Fastlove. Sorry, I did not consider the Petrol. Have not seen one yet. I think its also very good looking in profile.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post

ACC and Blue&Me.
I found the ACC to be quite efficient and useful. Call me dumb, but with my Esteem and Palio, I had to keep fiddling around with the AC controls to maintain comfortable temperatures, as the children were either finding it too cold or too warm.
Blue&Me is impressive. When we crossed Hosur, the music suddenly stopped and a female voice came on saying "You have got a text message, Do you want me to read now?". I said "Yes" and lo and behold she read out the message. The software is able to pronounce Malayalam words (typed in English), quite well. On the whole a very useful feature. Have not tried the USB yet.

Of course they did not have a solution for the Blue&ME problem as 'they have not been trained' on it. Blue&Me being a Microsoft product, I asked them to disconnect the battery for a few minutes in an attempt to reboot the Microsoft box. Once rebooted its working fine now. Thank God Fiat did not use Microsoft software on the ECU.

A fantastic & useful luxur feature.

Really wanna praise Fiat to include that.

But atleast they should have trained their service guys (if they are there) how to repair it.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 7th March 2009 at 14:23.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Many Congrats.
I am also waiting for the same car Minimum Grey Linea MJD Emotion Pack.
Still the car is not coming to the dealer yard,in transit.
will be getting the car on or before March 10.
So finally you booked a Linea after thinking about verna, getz, ford fiesta
Good choice buddy.
What is the OTR?
Old 7th March 2009, 19:33   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Congrtatulations Viking.

I have N70 and the Blue and Me does not read the msges received. Can you please explain me is there any way I can activate this feature. Apart from this my mobile is working proper with the Blue and Me. Ya but when i give numbers (digits) it gets confused and does not select proper numbers. Never could I call that way. Do you have any idea about this? If yes than please let me know.
Have happy motoring buddy and keep updating your reviews.
Prash,
I am afraid the N70 does not support SMS reader function of Blue&Me. Hence your issue with SMS. Please find below the list of functions supported/not for N70.
Functions
Supported
Dial from the car kit
Yes
Reject incoming call
Yes
Redial
Yes
User defined ring tone (kept from the phone)
Yes
Network provider name
No
Conference call
Yes
Call waiting (second incoming call)
Yes
Caller ID as stored in the phonebook
Yes
Contacts download one by one
Yes
by selection
Yes
fully automatic
No(1)
Transfer the audio out to your phone (private call)
No(2)
Muting (Local privacy)
Yes
SMS reader
No
Old 8th March 2009, 23:26   #45
BHPian

Viking,

Congrats on the Linea from a fellow owner, It's really nice to see that you are enjoying your ride.

happy driving,

P.S. If I am not mistaken are the pictures of the Linea from the Bangalore-Madras Golden-Quadrangle, I was there 1st week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks