Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 11:45   #391
BHPian

ohh no again! That must hurt.
This inspite of having the car cover on?

I guess you can now just put a nice sticker. What to do?
Old 30th July 2009, 12:14   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
ohh no again! That must hurt.
This inspite of having the car cover on?

I guess you can now just put a nice sticker. What to do?
Yday it was raining & car was dirty, hence cover was not put up which costed me the badge

I'm thinking of putting 2 circular stickers on 2 holes & try to make a proper Smiley there. That'll me my humble protest against this nasty practice

Even those people would not realise that they are not gaining anything out of Fiat badge as its costing only Rs. 625/- unlike Skoda badge which costs a bomb.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:40   #393
Senior - BHPian

get the badge for one last time. if it gets stolen again then you can consider doing the smiley thing. linea doesnt deserve to look ugly...........
Old 30th July 2009, 14:01   #394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
get the badge for one last time. if it gets stolen again then you can consider doing the smiley thing. linea doesnt deserve to look ugly...........
I know, I'm not going to let her without badge anyways. This is only temp solution till monsoon lasts just in case I could not put the covers on
Old 30th July 2009, 14:28   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I know, I'm not going to let her without badge anyways. This is only temp solution till monsoon lasts just in case I could not put the covers on
I agree.
Its too beautiful to be without a badge.
Imo people who are doing this must be having a fiat car only as the badge is not expensive enough to be stolen and sold.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:05   #396
BHPian

Thats sad yar to see the beauty without its Jewellery . Get a few extra badges ,legally i mean (just kidding).
Old 30th July 2009, 16:27   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Imo people who are doing this must be having a fiat car only as the badge is not expensive enough to be stolen and sold.
Why would Fiat owners go around robbing badges from other Fiat cars?! It's the chrome strips that are falling off not the badges!

Anyway, it's not about cost. For someone robbing a badge, he got one for Rs.0. Even if he sells it for Rs.100 that's a straight 100% profit.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:55   #398
BHPian

I feel this peculiar phenomenon is more so in Mumbai.
Mumbai has Fiat taxis. And my guess is that one of these taxi-wallah might have knocked it off to display it on his "fiat"
Old 30th July 2009, 17:10   #399
BHPian

Quote:

Badges are Available on Ebay.com. a lot of 10 badges OE costs about 150 rupees + Shipping. Search for them, buy them and stick them whenever the monogram gets stolen
Old 30th July 2009, 23:53   #400
BANNED

Quote:
Another thing noticed is that the ORVM electric motor adjustment switch from Inside - the horizontal movement is not working. It worked for first couple of strokes today & now not moving. Have not run the car more than 2 kms today & last 15 days she was untouched. Will check tom again after running it sufficiently more.
Though I checked this ORVM switch 15-20 times yday to no avail, somehow I had a feeling that it may become alright after the car runs for 50-60 kmd today. It was lying untouched for 15 days. Today morning I kept checking till I reach office, horizontal movement switches were still not working. In the evening, while coming back, again checked. Voila. It started working. May be the motor not getting enough power or whatever. Will have tocheck again tom.

Another peculiar thing I faced today while coming home late evening. I was 2-3 kms away form home & suddenly found great difficulty in changing gears. It was B2B traffic & Clutch-Accelerator-Break was constantly on. Gears suddenly stopped working. In running car, after much much difficulties I was able to shift it from neutral to 2nd which was the only gear working. Drove for around 500 meters & then noticed that clutch seems to have sticked & was not coming out fully. Had to pull over the car to roadside & pulled out the clutch by hand. And the gear shifting became normal again. In fact, Gears became much more smoother after I applied higher force left/right/up/down when gears were not engaging.
Anyone of you face any sort of similar thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Mumbai has Fiat taxis. And my guess is that one of these taxi-wallah might have knocked it off to display it on his "fiat"
No, Fiat taxi's & cars have nothing to do with it. Here in Mumbai, its a business - Steal the badge & sell it off in seconds market. It started with Skoda whose badge costs, I think, Rs. 1500 - 2000/-. Here, I've seen badge-theft in cars across almost all brands.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:33   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why would Fiat owners go around robbing badges from other Fiat cars?! It's the chrome strips that are falling off not the badges!
Guys red FIAT badge especially of the size that Linea has adds bueaty to front grill and Clear back at Boot of Linea.

It would certainly add bueaty to a Palio which doesnt have that badge or has a Blue coloured (Old Badge) one.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:41   #402
BHPian

This is most probably problem with the clutch cylinder leak or something i had faced the similar problem with my S10 , in traffic under heavy usage clutch used to get floored and didnt rise back. But this shouldn't happen in a new car , mine was around 40K Old when this problem occurred. Replacement costed me around 800 rs. This problem can also occur if your car is parked in sun for a prolonged time like 4-5 hrs.
[quote=VahanPujari;1409645] 15-20

Another peculiar thing I faced today while coming home late evening. I was 2-3 kms away form home & suddenly found great difficulty in changing gears. It was B2B traffic & Clutch-Accelerator-Break was constantly on. Gears suddenly stopped working. In running car, after much much difficulties I was able to shift it from neutral to 2nd which was the only gear working. Drove for around 500 meters & then noticed that clutch seems to have sticked & was not coming out fully. Had to pull over the car to roadside & pulled out the clutch by hand. And the gear shifting became normal again. In fact, Gears became much more smoother after I applied higher force left/right/up/down when gears were not engaging.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:49   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I should have given me horrors. i mean how can such things happen while driving. . it just gives me creeps. i have some difficulty in shifting reverse alone. there is also a small play in gear which i have wriiten about in my thread 5000km report. May be you should have a talk wth TASS
Old 31st July 2009, 15:19   #404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
This is most probably problem with the clutch cylinder leak or something i had faced the similar problem with my S10 , in traffic under heavy usage clutch used to get floored and didnt rise back. But this shouldn't happen in a new car , mine was around 40K Old when this problem occurred. Replacement costed me around 800 rs. This problem can also occur if your car is parked in sun for a prolonged time like 4-5 hrs.
Ohh Clutch Cylinder Leak? Since yday incident, I've not faced any issues with either clutch or gear. Thinking of obseving 1-2 days more. If issue does not arise, then will show it to TASS only when I scheduled to visit them after 15-20 days for some work. Is this Ok or is this an issue that needs immediate attention?

Yes, my car remains parked under the Sun always but never faced any such issues earlier in my Ford Ikon
Old 31st July 2009, 15:45   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Ohh Clutch Cylinder Leak? Since yday incident, I've not faced any issues with either clutch or gear. Thinking of obseving 1-2 days more. If issue does not arise, then will show it to TASS only when I scheduled to visit them after 15-20 days for some work. Is this Ok or is this an issue that needs immediate attention?

Yes, my car remains parked under the Sun always but never faced any such issues earlier in my Ford Ikon

VP had you given the car for a full service including underbody / engine bay wash just before you left it on its own for 15 days ?? i also read that its been raining in Mumbai quite heavily since the past few days and am sure it was raining heavily during the first part of those 15 days. if yes all the car needs is a good long drive to heat up and drive all the moisture away from inside the components.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks