Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 13:02   #31
BHPian

Congratulations Buddy!!

I fell in love with LINEA when i saw her 03-JAN in BUB,Pune. No doubt that you have made a perfect choice.

Have a safe ride, take care of LINEA. All the Best.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:14   #32
BHPian

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congrats buddy,

You are absolutely right.

Be realistic & Choose the MJD diesel.

A nice practical choice.

Enjoy the driving & do post the pics after modification.
many thanks alaap... will get the stuff done and will upload after. cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Congrats BTB!

Very nicely reviewed and within 'realistic' parameters, too.

Love the photograph of the wheels with the FIAT alloy in red.

Drive safe!

hey prateek...
yup, really like the original fiat logo in red, the centenary blue one lacked character in a strange sort of way! thanks btw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Great Review!

Congrats Man, the Jet Machine looks neat, Shiny and Bright in that Red.

Must Add: Great Pics, Looks you enjoy Capturing Pics or have a great art of it
thanks budhiraj... i knew that the moment i put a review up, the clamour for pictures would be crazy, so took a couple of quick ones yesterday. will do a nicer photoshoot when the light is nicer and post those in a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats Mate! Its looking gorgeous! Drive safe. Enjoy!
hey prince,

thanks man. i'm generally sane on the road till some knobhead cuts out in front of me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats buddy! Nice interesting Review!

Linea looks awesome, Enjoy the drive!
cheers finney.... when are you getting YOUR light blue version as in the avataar???

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
congrats on the buy. Nice descriptive review too.
Every time I see the pics of the red Linea, it just makes me drool!
I am awaiting my Red Linea (P) this weekend.

Haven't seen many on roads yet and many of my friends (non-car enthusiasts) haven't even heard of it. I think, once people start seeing it on roads, there is no way they can escape from its deadly charms.
thanks neo... well slowly but surely, i am now seeing a lot more lineas on the roads in Delhi...and all of them seem to be the emotion packs!!! hurrahhhhhh!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
It's raining Lineas on team-bhp !! Just look at the first three pages, the threads whch were updated recently are rather well populated with Linea deliveries. Looks like Fiat's resurrection is on the right path. Hopefully A.S.S. will improve and seal the deal.
amen bro! i would not hold my breath for the A.S.S. though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Great review and enjoy the car.

I finally booked last week. F Red MJD Emotion pack @ concord motors. Someone mentioned some insurance discounts and other freebies. Details please...

Gears,
Red-One.
congratulations red... so now your handle will match the colour of your car... hope the wait isin't too painful. all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Congrats Bite the bullet !!!

Excellent pics !!! Great decision !!
thanks nitya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
great car and awesome photos!
The car looks really classy in red.

btw, going by your sig, March seems to be your favorite month

cheers
cheers anekho... i'd have preferred the sky blue, but it ain't an option yet. so this is the next best i suppose.

as far as march is concerned, i'm not looking forward to next year when 2 insurance premiums get due at the same time

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th April 2009 at 11:48. Reason: Removed bold tags
Old 6th April 2009, 13:42   #33
capri_cap

Great detail on those photos, congrats on your new ride mate.

Old 6th April 2009, 18:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Hey , more than the car, ur photographs are just too goood.. Congrats man!! Excellent write up too..
hey philip,
thanks for the compliments (for the car as well as the photography(!!) AND the write up as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Congratulations Buddy!!

I fell in love with LINEA when i saw her 03-JAN in BUB,Pune. No doubt that you have made a perfect choice.

Have a safe ride, take care of LINEA. All the Best.
hey me@fiat, thanks for the wishes dude, and not to worry - i am a confirmed motorhead so looking after the cars is not a problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Great detail on those photos, congrats on your new ride mate.
thanks capri... the photos have the potential to be a lot nicer - just need the right time of the evening and the correct light!!!

stay safe guys...

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th April 2009 at 11:45. Reason: Removed bold tags
Old 8th April 2009, 00:33   #35
BHPian

well now that the bozos of the dealership have gotten their act together, my regn number was finally allotted after the shambles of the weekend and pujas et al...

she is now legal to be driven on the roads! anyone have any ideas on whether the accessories have arrived at the showrooms yet... want a set of scuff plates for the car since they did wonders to protect the paint work on the palio earlier.

the safari came with them already, so did not have this problem there...
Old 8th April 2009, 07:16   #36
BHPian

scuff plates/ door sill garnish

i dont think it is available at the dealership. it is still worser outside. tata has only a very few accessories ( mats and seatcovers ( art and leather) for linea). they dont even have a mudflap for linea. i asked tata for rear parking sensors they dont have that too ( the sales exec said tata doesnt have a genuine rear parking sensor accessory) and they were also not willing to even fix and paint the rear paking sensor to body color which i wanted to get from outside when i requested them. so its gonna be a tough time for us. anyways i am going to enquire about these things outside in gp road in chennai tomorrow will keep u posted. what are the other accessories you are going to add?

i am planning a few things like:

mud flap
rear parking sensors
want to change the head lights to the bluish white light which some people have here
fancy numberplates ( hoping the cops will not be after me)
leather seats at stanely ( the seats are very hard i am not comfortable with it what do you feel about it?)
and if my wallet permits i would like to buy the alloy rims for the sparewheel too but that is highly unlikely

Last edited by drashkum : 8th April 2009 at 07:19.
Old 8th April 2009, 10:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
but I am really tired of people bashing the Linea and proclaiming death for FIAT on the basis of the 15 mins spent in the car as a test drive, ‘ripping’ it as some will say. It is unrealistic and unfair to make cast iron opinions in 15 mins or less.
Congrats! I too agree. Linea's "underpowered" theory is too far fetched. I have not found any lack of power in cit or highway, though I would have loved more. In bumper to bumper, I wouldn't think it is any lesser than a Verna or Optra Magnum.

Another reason why people would think that Linea struggles is because of the engine growl in the mid range and above. This used to make me too feel that it struggles, but that is just about where Linea's engine loves to perform.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:15   #38
BHPian

Congrat BtB

Great Review, Great Car !!!

I have booked the Flaminco Red Emotion PAck (FIRE - Petrol) here in mumbai. Am doing my regular follow ups for delivery for last one week, hope to join you all in writing a Honest Review on my experiences shortly.

Congrats BtB once again. Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 8th April 2009, 16:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

A refreshing review of a car that has taken up so much webspace. Excellent pictures, too. Are you a filmmaker (from your avatar)? I can see quite a few Lineas on the road now, although nothing like the ANHC.

I guess the "underpowered" question is totally debatable. I wouldn't mind a car that just keeps pace in traffic as required instead of lunging forward madly. But sometimes one does need that rush on 3rd / 4th / 5th gear on highways while overtaking or while closing that gap before the kamikaze two-wheeler moves in.

Just one question: It's downright nice of you to avoid mentioning the name, but exactly who is this not-so-desirable dealer?
Old 8th April 2009, 16:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful write up and a beautiful car.... congrats mate! I hope I am able to buy myself one very soon.
Old 8th April 2009, 21:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant and crisp review BTB. The pics are too good!! Seriously very well taken. The avatar says it all. Agree Sky Blue silver looks neat on it. But this color seems to current favourite. Anyways enjoy your ride buddy!!
Old 9th April 2009, 02:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Great review and enjoy the car.

I finally booked last week. F Red MJD Emotion pack @ concord motors. Someone mentioned some insurance discounts and other freebies. Details please...

Gears,
Red-One.
hey..

Here's what I did, again thanks to Tbhp. I was quoted 31,400 for the insurance by the dealer. I called up Reliance Insurnace which offered me 40% discount, was coming to 19k something and then while browsing Tbhp, realised that I can transfer my NCB of existing cars.

Here's the interesting part, I sold a maruti about an year back, did not realise that NCB certificate had to be taken, but then pulled some strings at the insurance dealer and got the NCB of the old already sold car to Linea.

So the new insurance from Bajaj Allianz is 9,800/- a whopping saving, and almost a saving of 12k reducing every year cause of the NCB, which is almost my driving cost of diesel per year (6k kms).

Get a quote from Reliance first and then show it to your dealer / regular insurance provider, they will give that discount as well.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:14   #43
BHPian

hey guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
what are the other accessories you are going to add?
hey drashkum,
have already discarded the cheap number plates put on by the dealership and replaced with a set of new ATRP's - cost 750 after haggling in delhi.

wishlist -
reverse parking sensors (can't get the red coloured ones anywhere)
leather seat covers - costs 20k more than what i want to spend!
speaker upgrade - should be able to come in on budget..

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Congrats! I too agree. Linea's "underpowered" theory is too far fetched. Another reason why people would think that Linea struggles is because of the engine growl in the mid range and above.
+1 to that statement opendro and thanks for the wishes.

it is perfectly tractable in the city and i love driving it around for the nimbleness it displays. i have to admit though, it is a lot easier to drive the safari in delhi, because everyone just gets out of your way when they see you approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Great Review, Great Car !!!

I have booked the Flaminco Red Emotion PAck (FIRE - Petrol) here in mumbai. Congrats BtB once again. Cheers !!!!!!!!
congratulations to you as well fastlove. i'm sure you will enjoy the car as much as the rest of the lot on the forum!!!
thanks for the wishes as well - i look forward to reading your reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
A refreshing review of a car that has taken up so much webspace. Excellent pictures, too. Are you a filmmaker (from your avatar)? I can see quite a few Lineas on the road now, although nothing like the ANHC.

I guess the "underpowered" question is totally debatable. I wouldn't mind a car that just keeps pace in traffic as required instead of lunging forward madly. But sometimes one does need that rush on 3rd / 4th / 5th gear on highways while overtaking or while closing that gap before the kamikaze two-wheeler moves in.

Just one question: It's downright nice of you to avoid mentioning the name, but exactly who is this not-so-desirable dealer?
thanks architect! i claim to be a film maker by profession (wonder why no one seems to believe me though )

i agree that you need a little bit of grunt every now and then, but i seriously feel that the linea can handle most such requirements when asked to.

and heres the rub....all the people on the forum and off who seem to really relish in tearing into the linea for being underpowered and the city being god - are pretty much of the same camp that say the city returns poor fuel averages! a classic case of wanting your cake & eating it too!!! (pardon the pun)

also please name one person who is constantly driving at 140 kmph all the time or accelerating from 0-100 in 9 secs in everyday conditions. like i said in my review, we just need to keep it real.

the dealer - yet again(!) is VIVEK AUTOMOBILES in delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Beautiful write up and a beautiful car.... congrats mate! I hope I am able to buy myself one very soon.
thanks extreme - i shall fervently hope for whichever god you believe in to grant you your wish asap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Brilliant and crisp review BTB. The pics are too good!! Seriously very well taken. The avatar says it all. Agree Sky Blue silver looks neat on it. But this color seems to current favourite. Anyways enjoy your ride buddy!!
cheers karan and congrats on your new city as well dude.

as the saying in hindi goes - "andhon mein kaana raja!!!" did not have a choice in colour really since the wife is going to drive the car and it was her choice!!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th April 2009 at 11:44. Reason: Removed bold tags
Old 11th April 2009, 09:51   #44
BHPian

What is this ATRP? Can you pst a pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
hey drashkum,
have already discarded the cheap number plates put on by the dealership and replaced with a set of new ATRP's - cost 750 after haggling in delhi.
Old 11th April 2009, 10:04   #45
BHPian

bIte tHe bulLet
Great car, nice review. Fiat India should doubly thank many Linear Emotion buyers for taking all the emosanal attyachar from their dealerships in stride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks