Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 20:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant looking car! great colour! nice flush fitting of the head unit in the console, but tweeter placement is wrong! anyways, doesnt matter. hope you're enjoying the car. the alloys look quite yummy and ABS is a must to have now. cheers my friend. thats a wonderful buy.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:24   #17
BHPian

@Pamishra

I read in the forum that Getz 1.3 is as powerful as i10 (not sure if the comparison was with i20 or i10). Is it true. Do you feel lack of power driving especially the low end torque part?
Old 7th April 2009, 02:40   #18
BHPian

Great choice of color,excellent and detailed pics you got there. By the way, is that Sus road in most of your pics?
Old 7th April 2009, 02:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car pam! After seeing your car I think painting the door handles & mirrors in the body colour would be a good idea indeed Have fun!
Old 7th April 2009, 09:13   #20
BHPian

hey...

congratulations on the car. the getz is one of those cars that slips under the radar of a lot of people. its spacious, comfortable and really good value for money.

enjoy her and stay sane my friend.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:33   #21
BHPian

Hey,

Very nice color indeed. It looks to be on a non-metallic base.
I somehow like Solid colors due to the gloss they carry. Metallic give a kind of diffused (read matt) finish and lack the glossy feel, the feel that Red Ferrari carries !

Tweeter on B-Pillar, i have seen them first time. Dont they sound loud?

Take care in the run-in period and dont strain the engine. And also keep us updated about the FE figures.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:35   #22
BHPian

Hey,

Very nice color indeed. It looks to be on a non-metallic base.
I somehow like Solid colors due to the gloss they carry. Metallic give a kind of diffused (read matt) finish and lack the glossy feel, the feel that Red Ferrari carries !

Tweeter on B-Pillar, i have seen them first time. Dont they sound loud?

Take care in the run-in period and dont strain the engine. And also keep us updated about the FE figures.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats on the new car. Just a small question, does it come with Rear Wash - wipe?
Yes, this GLX version does come with a rear wash-wipe.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Congratulation pamishra, this saturday we went to sanjay hyundai to TD getz 1.3, but after TD we like the kappa more. and friend booked the kappa sportz. do share your experience with this dealer. kothari is behaving as if he dont want sell car. and kundan hyundai has no cars to sell.
Yes, i agree. Kothari's are quite arogant...they dont seem to be much bothered for the customers; neither did they offer me free accessories. I had a very good expereince with Sanjay Hyundai; definitely would recommend them.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase pamishra.
Nice colour and choice i must say.
Even the rims are good compared to many OE rims offered by other companies.

Why is the tweeter placed on the B pillar. You like excess treble?
Well the accessory shopkeeper said that having the tweeter on the B pillar will give good sound effect to both the front and rear passenger; hence i agreed on it.

However no complains...the sound really rocks...who-ever sits in the car prases the sound system

I have JBL speakers installed on the doors and pioneer double din unit with USB in glove box. I dont like the empty space whicj remains on installing the 1-din players; hence went for 2-din.

Total, with head-unit, JBL speakers on all doors, tweater cost me 20k (with original bills). A bit costly but full paisa-vasool
Old 7th April 2009, 11:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

hey congrats on your car. you will love it. if you feel the need to go faster check out my garage.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:44   #27
BHPian

Hi Pamishra

Nice audio system for 20k like you mentioned. If it's not too much trouble, could you list out the model numbers and prices of the components you purchased for the system ? This would be useful in recommending this kind of a setup to people with similar budgets.

Also, my previous queries (eagerly awaiting replies to the same):

"I have a question though. Since the colours on the interior do not match/gel together (beige/cream on the doors/glovebox, brown on the centre console and door switch panels, grey on the dashboard and other parts), if a person were to do up the entire interiors with Stanley leather, what colour would the person opt for ?

Even if the fake wood panelling is removed, the grey and cream colour still don't match. I wonder why Hyundai shouldn't do something about this. Or maybe we would just have to get the dashboard painted, like the other thread which talks about dashboard painting for the Santro.

I'd like to know your views on this guys. One of my friends is interested in picking up a used Getz 1.3 and doing up the interiors with Stanley leather, apart from upgrading the wheels, tyres, music system etc. This is especially after seeing the demo Toyota Corolla Altis at the Stanley stall at the auto show in Chennai sometime in Jan 09. The guy there said the entire interiors for any car in genuine leather (depending on type/grade) would cost anywhere between 25k and 45k. The Corolla Altis with the cream leather looked awesome to say the least.

So please do share your views.

Any plans on upgrading the tyres ?

Did you get remote locking fitted ? Which would be the best one ? The Hyundai guys seem to offer some Hyundai brand or Minda. But I hear Autocop is the best, and maybe Piranha too. If you have any info on this, please do share it.
"

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 7th April 2009, 13:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hi Pamishra

Nice audio system for 20k like you mentioned. If it's not too much trouble, could you list out the model numbers and prices of the components you purchased for the system ? This would be useful in recommending this kind of a setup to people with similar budgets.
------------------------
Did you get remote locking fitted ? Which would be the best one ? The Hyundai guys seem to offer some Hyundai brand or Minda. But I hear Autocop is the best, and maybe Piranha too. If you have any info on this, please do share it."

Warm regards,
Venkat
Hi Venkat,

I will let you know about the model numbers by tomorrow.

About the interiors not gelling together, well i dont quite agree. The seats, door trims, wooden front console and wood on door all go quite well (light and dark brown combination); except maybe the front dashboard. However the dashboard is also not pure grey, it has a bit of brownish tinge (hope this is captured in my snaps). Overall, atleast for me, i dont find it out of sync.

For the seat covers, i think of combination of biege and dark-brown will look with the interiors here. Once i get it done, will post the snaps for you. Also i dont want to be spending more than 8-10k on seat covers.

I am not planning for a tyre upgrade now. I have alloys on 175/65R14. They are holding the roads quite well, no cornering issues.

I got the remote locking fitted from showroom itself. Its of Hyundai Cobra brand with immobolizer and cost 6k. Simple one with immobolizer was avaliable for 2.5k.

BTW, two times i ended up being outside the car and the key inside; resulting in the car getting locked with me outside Fortunately i had the duplicate key around. Wondering what can be done in such situations with no duplicate key around???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th April 2009 at 14:03. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 7th April 2009, 13:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Great choice of color,excellent and detailed pics you got there. By the way, is that Sus road in most of your pics?
Yes, that is indeed the All New Sus Road
Old 7th April 2009, 14:15   #30
BHPian

Hi pamishra , congrats on your new car and sexy color man, Getz indeed is a great buy at current price i was about to book the same model in jan'08 for about 5.84 lacs then settled for a used getz '06 model ,however want to exchange my car for a new gls berry red .

Most Viewed