Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 14:56   #1
BHPian

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3

Finally finally finally, after a long wait, I bought a car. I have settled for Getz Prime 1.3 GLX ABS
My main requirements were:
· A petrol car; since my daily commuting will not be more than 25km
· Not just a city car; should be stable on highways too and not rattle on speed in excess of 100-120kmph
· Spacious – I am 6’ tall; wanted a car which can easily seat tall people and have good leg and head room.
· Good looks – both interior and exterior
· Safety features like ABS, air-bags
· I am really fond of alloys and fogs
· Decent mileage

My budget – around 5 lakh (didn’t wanna spend more in this recession time). I shortlisted these cars: SWIFT, U-VA, I20, GETZ

SWIFT: It has a good engine; however I don’t like its antique looks. Moreover it’s really cramped inside and for tall people like me, it really doesn’t feel spacious. And if we look around on the roads, every fifth car is a Swift…too many swifts around.

I20: Looks are ok; however what bothered me that it has the same 1.2lit engine of I10…not sure why they didn’t upgrade that. Moreover its very expensive. A fully loaded I20 with ABS and alloys cost about 6.4 lakhs(on-road)

U-VA: I liked this one. It has good looks and a decent engine. Very spacious too and at a decent price. The only weak link is the notchy gear-box. I read many reviews on it and every third review had complains about the gear change. I didn’t feel like putting some much money and then end up facing gear-shift problems. All Chevrolet cars seem to have this problem; I wonder why it’s not tackled yet.

GETZ: Well I just fell in love with this it. I had everything I wanted. A good 1.3lit engine, very spacious, great looks especially those eye-like headlights, good interiors, alloys, fog, ABS, decent mileage…a very good package and at a very good price (as compared to its competitors). Considered the CRDi also, but didn’t feel the need of diesel and moreover it was pretty expensive too!
I had no second thoughts. It was the Getz 1.3 GLX that I wanted

PRICE: I managed to get 26k dealer discount and another 3.5k corporate discount from Sanjay Hyundai. Also bargained and got some free accessories:
· Floor mats
· Mud flaps
· Tubeless tyres (Getz comes with tubed tyres)
I paid a total on-road price of 5.2 lakhs.

DELIVERY:
Finally after waiting for 20 days (since they didn’t have the Berry red shade, had to be ordered, made and shipped from Chennai), I got my Getz on Friday.

I will post more about the ride, handling, mileage and my first-hand experience with it in the coming few days.
By the way, I special thanks to all of you in team-bhp. This forum had been really very useful to me.

Thanks
Pankaj
Enjoy a few snaps:

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th April 2009 at 15:11. Reason: Font tags, please put a space between paragraphs, helps in readability
Old 6th April 2009, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pankaj,

The Getz is a well-sorted, reliable, spacious car that does everything well. At a price of 5.2 Lakhs (considering the features on offer) the GLX is really a steal!

The 1.3 will give you good performance and adequate (but not outstanding) mileage. Have you taken the 3rd year extended warranty? If you havent already, make sure you go for it when you take the car for the first service.

Err, where are the snaps?
Old 6th April 2009, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-001.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-003.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-010.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-011.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-009.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-013.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-014.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-017.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-038.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-039.jpg
Old 6th April 2009, 16:03   #4
BHPian

Interiors:

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-018.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-019.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-021.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-022.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-023.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-024.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-026.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-027.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-030.jpg

Got my new car...Berry red Getz Prime 1.3-picture-032.jpg
Old 6th April 2009, 16:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congrats Pankaj,

The Getz is a well-sorted, reliable, spacious car that does everything well. At a price of 5.2 Lakhs (considering the features on offer) the GLX is really a steal!

The 1.3 will give you good performance and adequate (but not outstanding) mileage. Have you taken the 3rd year extended warranty? If you havent already, make sure you go for it when you take the car for the first service.

Err, where are the snaps?
Thanks PredatorWheels,
Indeed the Getz 1.3 is a pretty good buy. In the last 2 days since i have purchased it, i have driven around 150 kms (mainly in city), and believe me, its a gem of a car. I will soon write a 200km update
Old 6th April 2009, 16:34   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car, the color choice is amazing!

Have you got teflon and underbody coating done?
Old 6th April 2009, 16:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Congratulations on the new car, the color choice is amazing!

Have you got teflon and underbody coating done?

Not yet, will do it in the first servicing.

And yes, its a very good color
Old 6th April 2009, 17:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

One question: Where is the temperature gauge located on the instrument cluster? I can only see speedo-tacho-fuel gauge.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Just a small question, does it come with Rear Wash - wipe?
Old 6th April 2009, 17:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Congratulations!

One question: Where is the temperature gauge located on the instrument cluster? I can only see speedo-tacho-fuel gauge.
Surprisingly Getz doesn't have a temperature gauge (at least similar to what other cars have). There's only a blue & red indicator for temperature. It stays blue when the engine is cold & then goes off when the engine temperature is normal. If engine overheats, the red indicator is supposed to come on to warn the driver. I haven't had that problem so far
Old 6th April 2009, 17:56   #11
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase. Good you chose Getz over i20 because the i20 sure seems a bit underpowered. I considered the Getz too, but finally settled for the i10 Auto. Enjoy your ride.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:04   #12
BHPian

Congratulation pamishra, this saturday we went to sanjay hyundai to TD getz 1.3, but after TD we like the kappa more. and friend booked the kappa sportz. do share your experience with this dealer. kothari is behaving as if he dont want sell car. and kundan hyundai has no cars to sell.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase pamishra.
Nice colour and choice i must say.
Even the rims are good compared to many OE rims offered by other companies.

Why is the tweeter placed on the B pillar. You like excess treble?
Old 6th April 2009, 18:25   #14
BHPian

congrats mate. Mount the USB port in any of the dummy switches next to the center console. It will make you dash look more classy
Old 6th April 2009, 20:28   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your new Getz 1.3 GLX !!

Hi pamishra

Congrats on your new Getz 1.3 GLX !!! This is a superb car and fantastic value at the current discounted price. Even in Chennai, it now costs 5.1L on road. Lovely colour too, and very nice photos there. There is no other Getz ownership review with as many and as detailed snaps as yours. Thanks. It was a pleasure reading and seeing all the snaps.

My wife and I plan to get either this 1.3 GLX or the i20 if it comes with a new 1.4L engine, by the end of this year or early next year.

I have a question though. Since the colours on the interior do not match/gel together (beige/cream on the doors/glovebox, brown on the centre console and door switch panels, grey on the dashboard and other parts), if a person were to do up the entire interiors with Stanley leather, what colour would the person opt for ?

Even if the fake wood panelling is removed, the grey and cream colour still don't match. I wonder why Hyundai shouldn't do something about this. Or maybe we would just have to get the dashboard painted, like the other thread which talks about dashboard painting for the Santro.

I'd like to know your views on this guys. One of my friends is interested in picking up a used Getz 1.3 and doing up the interiors with Stanley leather, apart from upgrading the wheels, tyres, music system etc. This is especially after seeing the demo Toyota Corolla Altis at the Stanley stall at the auto show in Chennai sometime in Jan 09. The guy there said the entire interiors for any car in genuine leather (depending on type/grade) would cost anywhere between 25k and 45k. The Corolla Altis with the cream leather looked awesome to say the least.

So please do share your views.

Pamishra once again congrats on getting a great car. Any plans on upgrading the tyres ?

What model of Pioneer head unit is there in your dash ? Any particular reason for going in for this double DIN unit ? What about the other components - speakers, tweeters etc ? Please do share the info on these as well (with prices of course).

Did you get remote locking fitted ? Which would be the best one ? The Hyundai guys seem to offer some Hyundai brand or Minda. But I hear Autocop is the best, and maybe Piranha too. If you have any info on this, please do share it.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks