Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 14:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hi Pamishra
"I have a question though. Since the colours on the interior do not match/gel together (beige/cream on the doors/glovebox, brown on the centre console and door switch panels, grey on the dashboard and other parts), if a person were to do up the entire interiors with Stanley leather, what colour would the person opt for ?
Even if the fake wood panelling is removed, the grey and cream colour still don't match. I wonder why Hyundai shouldn't do something about this. Or maybe we would just have to get the dashboard painted, like the other thread which talks about dashboard painting for the Santro.
Check photo number 5 in the interior photo section of my post, which shows the dashboard, center console, door, seats together. The match looks quite good. And believe me, inside the real car, it looks more good
Old 7th April 2009, 14:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Hi pamishra , congrats on your new car and sexy color man, Getz indeed is a great buy at current price i was about to book the same model in jan'08 for about 5.84 lacs then settled for a used getz '06 model ,however want to exchange my car for a new gls berry red .
Well Arjuna, I would advise you to go for Getz GLX for the alloys and ABS. Alloys really look smart and ABS results in good braking . The price difference between GLS and GLX is not too much either.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:20   #33
BHPian

Prefer aftermarket alloys and plan to upgrade the tires aswell to r15.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:47   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your new car mishra. Car is looking damn good. Happy driving!. Have you checked the FE?
Old 7th April 2009, 15:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipfoose View Post
Congrats on your new car mishra. Car is looking damn good. Happy driving!. Have you checked the FE?
not yet...will fill up the tank again by this weekend, will then update you on the mileage.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:32   #36
BHPian

Long highway trip advise

Hey Guys, need a advise

Its been almost 10 days since my new Getz 1.3 GLX arrived. Till today it has run 400km. I have driven it below/around 2k rpm on most of the occassions so as to run-in the engine.

I am planning a Pune-Goa (around 450kms - one way) trip on this coming weekend. Till the weekend comes, i will be done about 500-550 kms.

Since i have not completed 1000kms or run-in the engine fully, i wanted to know how i should drive the car on the highway?? Should i exceed 80kmph or 2k rpm on the 5th gear? Should i take frequent halts (say after every 2 hrs), so that the engine does not heat up too much?

And how much air pressure would be recommended on the highways. I drive on 175/65R14, and manufacture recommended pressure is 30ksi. For long highway trip, what pressure would be good?

Please advice gurus!
Old 15th April 2009, 15:02   #37

Congrats on your new purchase! I am thinking about buying a 1.3 GLS as it fits into my budget of 4.5L, but the dealer refused to give any discounts. Sanjay Hyundai doesnt seem to have any branches in Mumbai :-) Im also taking test drives of the Palio Stile and Aveo Uva this week.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpli_city View Post
Congrats on your new purchase! I am thinking about buying a 1.3 GLS as it fits into my budget of 4.5L, but the dealer refused to give any discounts. Sanjay Hyundai doesnt seem to have any branches in Mumbai :-) Im also taking test drives of the Palio Stile and Aveo Uva this week.
Be careful of the Aveo UVA, it seems there are some gear-box problems, esp in the Reverse gear...read more reviews on it before deciding.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

pamishra, congrats on your new buy, looks stunning. Nothing to say about its space inside which is damn comfortable with enough big boot. What the price difference between gls and glx, and have you driven 1.1 getz, if so does it feel that underpowered as compared to 1.3. Looking to hear about your FE figures which will help me in decide my new getz soon.Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Old 20th April 2009, 15:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey Guys, need a advise
I am planning a Pune-Goa (around 450kms - one way) trip on this coming weekend.
Since i have not completed 1000kms or run-in the engine fully, i wanted to know how i should drive the car on the highway??
And how much air pressure would be recommended on the highways.
pamishra, I would not recommend a newbie on the highway and that too such a long distance. There are too many variables that you need to consider while you drive on the highways and only an alert/smart newbie can handle situations. If you are an experienced one, then don't worry much on this highway. Your running-in will be done with because of the nature of the roads. Just make sure you get at least 5-10 minutes rest for every hour you drive. And regarding the air pressure, stick to the recommended ones. They are the safer ones. Air pressure check should happen before the tyres get heated (before tyres role too much).
Old 20th April 2009, 18:23   #41
BHPian

If you wish to go to Goa, take the longer but safer route, Expressway to Pune, on to Kolhapur then from there to Belgaon. That should be good, it's a big highway and safe, will return good millage too.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:49   #42
BHPian

Goa trip report

Hey guys, I returned yesterday from my Goa trip...

Left at 5am and reached Panaji at 2pm through the Uttur-Ajjara-Sawantwadi route. That was exactly 430 kms from my home. Returned through Shankeshwar with was 442kms. Shankeshwar roads are much better than the Uttur ones, although its a bit longer but worth it.

Got amazing overall mileage 18.5kmpl on the route (this includes the ghats as well) with 60-70% AC on. In Pune city, i am getting aroung 14kmpl with 50% AC on. I am quite happy with the car on this

The car drove brilliantly. Being a new car, i didnt exceed 110kmph, mostly was between the 90-100 mark. The car was very stable at this speed, no vibrations and it did hold the roads very well. The only con was that the pickup of the Getz 1.3 on the ghats (with AC on) was a little difficult. Without the AC it climbed well, however with AC it was a bit disappointing. Other than this, it was a wonderful drive.
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:43   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
pamishra, congrats on your new buy, looks stunning. Nothing to say about its space inside which is damn comfortable with enough big boot. What the price difference between gls and glx, and have you driven 1.1 getz, if so does it feel that underpowered as compared to 1.3. Looking to hear about your FE figures which will help me in decide my new getz soon.Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Yes, i had driven the 1.1 Getz too, it definitely feels under-powered. As mentioned in my previous post, on ghats the 1.3 also struggles with the AC on, so forget driving the 1.1 on ghats.

As for mileage, i am getting one returns in city about 14kmpl and highway 18kmpl (with about 50-60% AC on) this is far more than i had expected
Old 24th April 2009, 12:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
The car drove brilliantly. The car was very stable at this speed, no vibrations and it did hold the roads very well.
Oh! Mishra, are you not in love with this baby? All it takes is one long trip with your loved one and forget the world. Been the case with me with all my wheels

Good to see the driver in you covering so many kilometers in a day. Looks like you had a good company.

How many people were there and what was the luggage? Which gear gave you trouble in the ghat sections? Were you forced to downshift to two any time?
Old 7th May 2009, 22:35   #45
BHPian

@ pamishra
Lovely colour for the Getz, Is there any fading off the brakes? You've ever had to do any sudden brakes? does the rear step out of line?
Take care and ride safe....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks