Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 16:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT

Finally took the delivery of my ANHC Silver 'S' MT on 3rd April. Wait period was 7-10 days. On road price 9.23 lacs . I somehow convinced dealer to give me benefit of price hike. Luckily after some pressure i saved around 35k. Todays price is 9.6 lacs.

Styling:-

I just love the front looks. Grille does look weird in few colors. But silver and polished metal look best in this car IMO. The rear does take some time to get used to. But overall awesome road presence.

Interiors:-

Doesnt speak much about a 9 lac + car. Fit and finish is poor in the center console and door trims. The seat fabric is decent. Only saving grace for the interiors is the Civic steering. The instrument cluster lits to bright orange and does look a bit overdone. But overall decent interiors.

The ICE is quite good. But i would prefer if the rear speakers were not on the rear doors, behind rear seats would have been better.

Performance:-

The engine is brilliant and refined. Typical Honda. The i somehow feel the gearbox should have been better. As in its butter smooth and this gearbox suited City ZX better. I would have preferred gearbox of OHC type in this one. Overall quite a peppy engine and felt way better to drive than the City ZX. But i wasnt very much impressed with the EPS.

GC:-
I have driven for more than 100 kms in last 3 days and finally today i scraped a speed breaker with 4 people on board.

Mileage:-

Too early to comment. Right now odo showed 9.7km/l for city driving with 100% a/c. I took it on the highway for 120km trip. It went tad above 10. Would prefer to wait for tank up the next time to get realistic figures.

Why ANHC over others:-

1. Closest competitor was Linea. Was very much impressed with Linea s build quality and features. Linea lost mainly cos i found MJD underpowered and gearbox was rubbery. Not to forget Fiats A.S.S. too.

2. Verna was a strong contender too. But without Airbags and not great highway manners i stayed away from it in the end.

3. Fiesta TDCI- I somehow really like this car. I liked the engine performance and interior quality. But it has been on road for sometime and started looking dated IMO and rear seats were kinda cramped. Also Ford A.S.S aint that great.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mubaraka! Mubaraka! (Congrats!). Looks like you would rate it 6.5/10 !
I have seen a white and a brown (almost) on this forum. Lets see how a silver looks.
Photos please!
Old 6th April 2009, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Congrats buddy.

Put some pics.

much discussed poor interiors & low FE is a universal concern with ANHC now.

Are you lucky to get your ANHC before 35,000 price hike?
Old 6th April 2009, 16:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics. Will post more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT-04042009005.jpg  

Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT-04042009.jpg  

Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT-04042009001.jpg  

Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT-04042009006.jpg  

Honda City Alabaster Silver - S MT-03042009.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 16:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Finally took the delivery of my ANHC Silver 'S' MT on 3rd April.

Fit and finish is poor in the center console and door trims.
Congrats karan!
I find the 'fit and finish' to be of top notch and probably can't be bettered. yes I agree the 'feel' is not really good becasue of the colour/tone and suface(matt vs. Gloss) of the plastics used.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

phinally - the long wait ends for Karan! Congratulations my friend!!
Display of 9.7 kmpl in city means you are ripping this car. Have fun
Old 6th April 2009, 17:33   #7
BHPian

Congrats, Karan.

Silver color looks really neat. Have fun taking her around.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post

much discussed poor interiors & low FE is a universal concern with ANHC now.
Thanks Alaap.

Buddy, i dont think FE has been reported to be bad. Most members have reported manual FE above 11km/l in city. As already mentioned its too early for me to comment on the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Mubaraka! Mubaraka! (Congrats!). Looks like you would rate it 6.5/10 !
I have seen a white and a brown (almost) on this forum. Lets see how a silver looks.
Photos please!

Thanks Pervez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congrats karan!
I find the 'fit and finish' to be of top notch and probably can't be bettered. yes I agree the 'feel' is not really good becasue of the colour/tone and suface(matt vs. Gloss) of the plastics used.
Guna Thanks!!! To each its own. But to me the interior quality is not top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
phinally - the long wait ends for Karan! Congratulations my friend!!
Display of 9.7 kmpl in city means you are ripping this car. Have fun
Thanks a lot Ron, finally i enter the club. Well i aint ripping the car. The day i took the delivery the FE on the odo shown was 9.5. I took it on the highway today. It showed 10.5 after the drive. Now its showing 13km/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congrats, Karan.

Silver color looks really neat. Have fun taking her around.

Thanks Ardy. Yup silver looks neat on this car. will post more pics soon. Thanks again.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karan! .
Old 6th April 2009, 22:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ET.

@ANHC Owners- Im facing some small problem while reversing , the car jerks unless i press the clutch fully. Any one experienced it. Showed it at dealership they said they ll check it up tomorrow.
Old 6th April 2009, 23:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car.
The pics are really good.

Any plans on rims upgrade?
Old 6th April 2009, 23:04   #12
SSN
BHPian

Congrats Karan. Lovely colour. I think that the ANHC looks best in this colour. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 6th April 2009, 23:08   #13
BHPian

congrats karan!
any mods in mind? enjoy the ride and drive safe!
Old 6th April 2009, 23:18   #14
BHPian

Nice car in a even nicer porch. I like silver and white for the ANHC. Congrats Karan, in some angles the car looks so well composed, in others a tad ackward. But the engine is really refined and promising, especially for the pedal to metal kinds.

The only thing I found a bit off in my tc was the steering feel at higher speeds, however it's better than the NHC IMHO. I saw a white one in Pune with awesome bmwish matt alloys and some sort of body kit, I don't care much for the kit but the alloys looked fab. Any plans for an upsize and alloys?
Old 7th April 2009, 08:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
low FE is a universal concern with ANHC now.
low FE? I am got 11.3 kmpl in congested Bangalore traffic with 100% AC. To me that's phenomenal and close to what i used to get in a Santro under similar circumstances. Not to mention its almost twice as powerful as the Santro & much bigger.

Quote:
I took it on the highway today. It showed 10.5 after the drive. Now its showing 13km/l.
thats more like it. The display is a little enthusiastic. When i checked via tankful, i saw the display to be about 1.4 kmpl more (11.3 actual vs 12.7 on display)

Quote:
Thanks Ardy. Yup silver looks neat on this car. will post more pics soon. Thanks again.
Silver looks good, dude. Any mods planned?. Check Guna's thread for inspiration

Quote:
@ANHC Owners- Im facing some small problem while reversing , the car jerks unless i press the clutch fully. Any one experienced it. Showed it at dealership they said they ll check it up tomorrow.
nope. I had a problem with jerks in 1st/2nd gear for the first week, that was due to the way i handled the clutch between my old car and this, sorted out now.

Did you mean it jerks while you release the clutch or it jerks in reverse all the time?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 7th April 2009 at 08:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks