Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 11:28   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
So does the car live upto the 7 star experience promised?
absolutely;I am getting features which are there in the 7 series/e class at half the price!!I am truly enjoying the admiration!!
Old 19th May 2009, 19:09   #62
BHPian

I remember reading somewhere that the car comes with a hard drive/memory card slot...Can you explain how do they work? Especially with the hard drive, how do you put songs onto it? And what's the capacity?
Old 20th May 2009, 13:57   #63
BHPian

Good to hear that! Enjoy the 7 star experience then

If possible do post a video showing all the features of the car
Old 20th May 2009, 14:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the car comes with a hard drive/memory card slot...Can you explain how do they work? Especially with the hard drive, how do you put songs onto it? And what's the capacity?
There is a card reader which supports SD cards,I am running a 16 gig micro sd;Have never used the mp3player as there are 4 time more songs than a single dvd in a 16gb micro sd;and yes it works like a charm!!!
Old 21st May 2009, 16:56   #65
BHPian

When the RPM reaches 2500;the cabin starts slightly vibrating;is that normal with the diesel engine?
Old 21st May 2009, 19:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
When the RPM reaches 2500;the cabin starts slightly vibrating;is that normal with the diesel engine?
Quoting Invinsible: There is a run in period of 2000Kms where one has limit the car to 2500RPM. Ya you should see the difference after 2000kms but improves considerably after the 1st service.

He answered that in relation with F/E, but I'm assuming it stands true for this also, especially because the revs both mentioned are the same.

Otherwise I'm not sure why it would vibrate especially at such low revs. around 4k-5k, I can understand, but this low?
Old 21st May 2009, 21:19   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
its probably resonance. dont worry about it.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:34   #68
BHPian

Can we have some more pics of the car from the outside please?
Old 21st May 2009, 22:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Quoting Invinsible: There is a run in period of 2000Kms where one has limit the car to 2500RPM. Ya you should see the difference after 2000kms but improves considerably after the 1st service.

He answered that in relation with F/E, but I'm assuming it stands true for this also, especially because the revs both mentioned are the same.

Otherwise I'm not sure why it would vibrate especially at such low revs. around 4k-5k, I can understand, but this low?
My mistake its actually between 1000-1500
Old 12th July 2009, 19:07   #70
BHPian

can someone tell me what should i use to clean the interior fibre?
Old 13th July 2009, 09:46   #71
BANNED

Use Branded products

Quote:
can someone tell me what should i use to clean the interior fibre?
There are a lot of branded interior cleaning products from 3M, Waxpol and other imported brands which provide effective cleaning of the interiors without damaging them.

I would recommend doing the cleaning yourself or supervising it as the over use of the cleaning agents may, at times, cause pre mature wear and tear of your interiors. Also, you may develop the habit of giving them a daily wipe with a piece of soft cloth or chamois to avoid the stains becoming hard.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:32   #72
BHPian

Service

dear all,

I am putting my superb for the first service tmrw.Will they allow me to be by the car when she is getting serviced and if not what are the precaution that I must take?

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:52   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Kedar : I hope you are dropping JMD a visit? They are indisputably the best Skoda dealership in town.

Insurance (and safety) regulations prohibit a lay customer's presence in the workshop area. Some workshops do make an exception, and I know how you as a petrolhead would want to be by your baby, while she is being operated upon . However, if you aren't allowed to stand by in the workshop area, maintain consistent communication with your service advisor.

Again, the best precaution you can take is to choose the best dealership in Mumbai. And that's JMD.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:19   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, JMD does have a new workshop now near Saki Naka Andheri I believe. So depending on your location you can drop off the car.

Do give us a break down of the service cost.
Old 24th February 2010, 00:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

I dont think there is opened up in Andheri, its probaly the one from same Autograph group. You could try the JMD at bhandup, Since I new one of the advisor well I opted to go all the way there from Juhu. Got friendly with the Manager too. However this was the 1st time I was using JMD for service where I had got all the other service done at Autobahn without any issues. I found the service charges for other job to be little bit more compared to Autobahn. However JMD sales sucks. They not as good in communication.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks