Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 11:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
@all: Hill holding : NO, not present. I was wrong the first time around. Tried it on a steep incline and it does roll back.
Well, thats sad to hear. So need to utilize handbrakes in that case.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
...discounts you got (if any?)
No discount, but I got an excellent price on the sale of my old Scorp which was arranged and my out flow reduced.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Well, thats sad to hear. So need to utilize handbrakes in that case.
Yeah, I read on some web site (and so did mention Raj), that there was the "no roll back feature", but what I think they refferred to was that the AT does not roll back on minor inclines on account of the inherent idling torque. This is a regular feature with all ATs.

Yep either handbrake, or quick pedal change with right foot, but then again, how often does one need this (hill hold) in city driving. The AT definately is not an off roader considering its not 4X4.

A note of caution: Increased idling in D should not be used to hold from roll back on incline in any AT. It amounts to slipping the clutcth in a MT.

Last edited by Mohnish : 15th April 2009 at 11:19.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No discount, but I got an excellent price on the sale of my old Scorp which was arranged and my out flow reduced.
PM me the actual number mister moneybags... Just my research
Old 15th April 2009, 11:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

how can people announce their new purchase without the photos?
Old 15th April 2009, 11:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
how can people announce their new purchase without the photos?...
Well Parm, I just did !!!! Besides, if you go through this thread, you would have read the reason for not posting the pics.

To reiterate, posting pics of a vehicle that is seen regularly and looks no different from any other variant of its kind really makes no sense to me, it merely a waste of bandwith, unless its specifically in the pictures thread for that vehcle or the vehicle is cosmetically modded, then it should go to the relevant thread.

However, I shall post pics (of the gear lever/the badge/the wheel hubs, which are the only changes form the regular VLX MTs), as soon as I get to a location that would make a pretty picture. Aesthetics are important, right?

Last edited by Mohnish : 15th April 2009 at 11:36.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:01   #37
BHPian

Congrats, but pics please

Quote:
Well Parm, I just did !!!! Besides, if you go through this thread, you would have read the reason for not posting the pics.

To reiterate, posting pics of a vehicle that is seen regularly and looks no different from any other variant of its kind really makes no sense to me, it merely a waste of bandwith, unless its specifically in the pictures thread for that vehcle or the vehicle is cosmetically modded, then it should go to the relevant thread.

However, I shall post pics (of the gear lever/the badge/the wheel hubs, which are the only changes form the regular VLX MTs), as soon as I get to a location that would make a pretty picture. Aesthetics are important, right?
Congratulations Mohnish for the purchase, and thanks for sharing the details and your experience. It is definitely going to help a lot of 'would-be' Scorpio enthusiasts for sure to take the right decision.

But - I differ with you on the pictures though :-). In my opinion, each car has its own personality, style, finish and looks and the way it is manufactured, assembled, treated, and maintained will bring out those characteristics. We look for those personalities in a vehicle and that is why I would be interested in a picture of a machine.

I personally feel (my opinion only) the different variants of cars looks differently (low ends looks and the high end looks entirely different) and I am not talking about the individual ad-ons make them look better, but the overall package as a whole.

And the other reasons for request for your beast's pictures is:
First scorpio AT beast in forum and no such pictures available
We are NOT just getting to see the latest Scorpio refresh (not seeing the full variants in all different colours) - forum has now listed SLE and LX with pictures

Hence can we have some real complete pictures from you ?

Cheers

Last edited by narayanang76 : 15th April 2009 at 12:09.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
...In my opinion, each car has its own personality, style, finish and looks and the way it is manufactured, assembled, treated, and maintained will bring out those characteristics. We look for those personalities in a vehicle...
Point taken and accepted...will post asap
Old 15th April 2009, 14:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulation to you Mohnish for owing best of both worlds !! I am too into consideration of buying the AT Scorpio if in any case i would be preferring an AT SUV.

How is response in traffic as i have heard that AT hunts for appropriate gear in traffic and fails miserably. I would be picking it up as a primary vehicle for city driving and higway driving as well.
Old 15th April 2009, 15:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Mohnish, how much is the lead time after you change the gears and car moves forward (when no throttle is given) ?
Old 15th April 2009, 15:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
......I am too into consideration of buying the AT Scorpio if in any case i would be preferring an AT SUV.
IMHO Go for it big time! I am, as you can see completely gone on this one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
...How is response in traffic as i have heard that AT hunts for appropriate gear in traffic and fails miserably. I would be picking it up as a primary vehicle for city driving and higway driving as well.
Would comfprtably fit both your needs, but obviously on the highways you do have to keep in mind this vehicle is not on rails, so go easy when cornering...

About gear hunting and the whole AT bit, all in all, I am extremely not only satified but also impressed.

Originally Posted by GTO
Are you happy with the Automatic's response time, and ability to choose the right gear (depending on driving condition)?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1260715

"I have never so far felt lacking and personally would not mind a slight lag in the initial acceleration for the immense driving comfort. Also, as you well know GTO, there is a learning process with every vehicle and specifically with an AT box where the driver starts to understand the shifting characteristics. Once done its much more controllable."

The only question that does crop up occassionly is: Since this is not a tried and tested combination ie. the Hawk engine mated by M&M to the Drivetrain AT box, as say the Benz / Honda etc etc units, will it keep runing "well" say, 5 years down the line? I personally think it should considering this same box, I read somewhere, is in use in the Australian Ford and some Korean vehicles which sell pretty well...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Mohnish, how much is the lead time after you change the gears and car moves forward (when no throttle is given) ?
Its immediate, like any other AT...honestly I have no question to doubt the performance of this box...Its only in the long run for reasons as stated above.

Last edited by Mohnish : 15th April 2009 at 15:30.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not to make you regret anything, but (i) the A/T hardly sells, and (ii) you went for a pre-facelift model, both imply there was a massive discount which was waiting to be had. It could almost be termed as a clearance sale. Anyway, no regrets I suppose.

Congratulations on a great vehicle! Enjoy and do post some pics, even if you feel they'll be run-of-the-mill Scorpio snaps.
Old 17th April 2009, 19:50   #43
BHPian

First of all congratulations on your purchase. I have been waiting for a year so I guess taking the cue from you I can continue to wait until I make the purchase.

A couple of questions - Why didn't you go for the new "Mighty Muscular" - anything specific other than looks - I really couldn't notice a diff in looks either? Second, did they give it to you at the sub-10L+ tax price that they recently announced?
Old 17th April 2009, 22:04   #44
BANNED

Congratulations!
If I was in Bombay, I would have come over and taken some nice pics for you.
Old 17th May 2009, 11:04   #45
BHPian

Pictures at :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1306484-post1399.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks