Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 20:31   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan
Has the booking for Honda Jazz started in Bangalore?

Any update from other citities?
I had been to my dealer on Saturday to collect the refund cheque.

He told me that most dealers in mumbai have started taking bookings. He was however not because of the huge backlog..
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 03:40   #1502
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
Has the booking for Honda Jazz started in Bangalore?

Any update from other citities?
Yes the dealers in Bangalore have started taking bookings for the Jazz, they say they can deliver the car in a months time!

I was at Dakshin Honda today to make the payment for the Jazz XMT, will be taking delivery this Friday after an agonizing wait of 7 months. No freebies nor corporate discounts are being offered for the Jazz.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:03   #1503
BHPian

I called up most of the dealers in Mumbai, but two out of three of them said they were not even taking bookings, leave alone quote a waiting period. A third mentioned a 2 month waiting period for the standard model (another dealer claimed that it was going to be discontinued) and tried to upsell the Jazz Select.

Is this happening just in Mumbai or is it more like the Swift diesel case, common to all the states?

From ownership discussions on this forum, I understand these have been negotiated with dealers, albeit in other cities - sunfilms, dealer margins on insurance, spoilers, some protective coating on the exterior. Is there anything else that other Jazz owners have been able to get as discounts/freebies? (first-time buyers, hence even the smallest detail will help)

Any Mumbai Jazz owners who have bought the car after the price revisions happened? Which Honda dealer would you recommend? I found Linkway, Malad helpful on the phone. Yet to leg it to these showrooms though.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:34   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
News of a brand new 2013 model have been floating since yesterday with new designs and a diesel engine to boot. Thank god! Honda are serious to take on the competition!

Some news to munch on for the time being. Google up for the sleek new images which are floating on the web. Looking sleeker than ever before with those Altis-ish headlights.

All new Honda Jazz to be launched in 2013. To come with a diesel plant | Motoroids
I wont go by anything that "Motoroids" say, their articles are good, for a laugh, this being no exception. There is no official news from Honda for the 2013 fit, i dont know how do these people "expect" cars in their imagination, and then write about it. Though there is official news of a 2013 Fit EV, with no styling changes, and nothing about a diesel engine.
Old 18th April 2012, 23:00   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post

I wont go by anything that "Motoroids" say, their articles are good, for a laugh, this being no exception. There is no official news from Honda for the 2013 fit, i dont know how do these people "expect" cars in their imagination, and then write about it. Though there is official news of a 2013 Fit EV, with no styling changes, and nothing about a diesel engine.
I agree but do you or I get concrete news either?? Any news is good news. But on a serious note, if at all a redesign has to come, ofcourse for India it will sport the diesel engine, but as far as body redesign goes, I see it retaining or getting even meaner or aggressive up front, keeping the same spacious inside which still continues to be the best hatch to date
Old 21st April 2012, 16:16   #1506
BHPian

I just a received a call from one of the Honda dealers that he has 3 Select Jazzes for immediate delivery!! Has it really come to this?? I wish I could bring myself to buy one of them instead of the X that I have booked!!
Old 21st April 2012, 18:24   #1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
I just a received a call from one of the Honda dealers that he has 3 Select Jazzes for immediate delivery!! Has it really come to this?? I wish I could bring myself to buy one of them instead of the X that I have booked!!
That's an amazing news. Which dealer is this?
Old 21st April 2012, 22:19   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan

That's an amazing news. Which dealer is this?
Lavelle Road, Dakshin Honda I guess!!
Old 21st April 2012, 22:44   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
I just a received a call from one of the Honda dealers that he has 3 Select Jazzes for immediate delivery!!
wow. but sad. i have moved on and now looking at booking ertiga.
a month back there was a car mela in our company. the company pulled least no of people, is honda.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:31   #1510
Senior - BHPian

My friend has booked Jazz select in the new gray color (sorry forgot the name) in last August, and is still waiting! Damn his baby could've come by now if the booking was about that time

I love Jazz, but 10 months waiting with no solid delivery date yet in sight is just too much.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:51   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I love Jazz, but 10 months waiting with no solid delivery date yet in sight is just too much.
Thats unfortunate for such a fantastic vehicle.
I think I can start an auction for a well maintained pre owned one!
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:48   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
My friend has booked Jazz select in the new gray color (sorry forgot the name) in last August, and is still waiting! Damn his baby could've come by now if the booking was about that time

Similar case, In mumbai booked in August, but finally getting delivery tomorrow. The color you are mentioning is Urban Titanium. I'd be damned surprised if people are booking now and they'd get a delivery in the next month or so. From what I heard from the dealer, they are months away from clearing their backlogs
Old 24th April 2012, 18:08   #1513
BHPian

just a note. Booked Honda Jazz (Select) (UT) through Leasing company (ARVAL) last week. And they confirmed - Olympia Honda (Chennai) will be delivering it by 20-May-2012. Fingers crossed !.

Nothing from dealer as extras. Insurance from Arval (the BNP Paribas company).

Planning to add some (@extra cost - obvious !)
- 3M Sunfilm
- Under body Anti rust coating
- Tyres - depends on the lot. So, need to wait & watch.

Is the 'Reverse parking sensor' help in indian parking conditions ?. IMHO - Do not think so. Even in a cramped place - am sure you have to ignore the beeps (considering it is configured for safe distance) and park based on your own judgement !. Am i missing something ?

PS - Sundaram Honda still maintain the waiting period as 8-12 weeks. Am only hoping Olympia Honda will stick to their words...

Last edited by gjiyap1 : 24th April 2012 at 18:10. Reason: typo
Old 24th April 2012, 19:51   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Planning to add some (@extra cost - obvious !)
- 3M Sunfilm
- Under body Anti rust coating
- Tyres - depends on the lot. So, need to wait & watch.

Is the 'Reverse parking sensor' help in indian parking conditions ?. IMHO - Do not think so. Even in a cramped place - am sure you have to ignore the beeps (considering it is configured for safe distance) and park based on your own judgement !. Am i missing something ?
Congrats on your booking. I would say parking sensors definitely help. If anything, they make you more circumspect while reversing which is a very good thing. I have seen people getting too confident in themselves (sometimes becoming arrogant) and then repenting later. On a big hatch like Jazz they would be of great help. I would always suggest you to go for them.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 20:44   #1515
BHPian

Is the reverse parking sensor a honda accessory? Is there a list of honda accessories for the Jazz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks