Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 01:16   #1351
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Its not all about power, i know the jazz lacks low end torque, but it is the best overall package, and the next best car IMO is the swift, the polo comes with a price tag of 7L OTR, while my budget is restricted to 6L, A skoda car is a strict no, since the jazz wont be available, i will have to go with a Swift Vxi, save some money, and spend on some decent ICE and Rims. Plus, my city driving does not generally include stop and go, slow moving traffic, there is infact just one traffic light on my daily commute of 10 kms. Figo just does not feel good enough, and looks dreadful.
Old 14th January 2012, 13:21   #1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys, I am a little concerned with the Jazz mileage and would like to know what others feel.
Hi yeggina,
I recently did a similar trip as mentioned by you. B'lore <--> Goa. It was about 1500 kms with 3 people on board, night driving and most time in the speed ranging 80-110. The instant fuel meter at the end of the trip read a whooping 17.8 kmpl although the actual calculations suggested a FE of about 14.8. I noticed that the FE dipped in the leg of journey where I did not get the tyre pressure checked.

This trip was just after the first servicing of my car. I did not had a conscious run-in (As suggested by Honda experts, these cars don't need a run-in). Although I now feel it was not wise on my part to trust them & may impact my long term engine performance.
Old 14th January 2012, 17:42   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Which Honda experts? The manual usually clearly says be gentle within the first 1k km. Both with the brakes and engine. In fact sometimes in many engines, the first oil change is recommended only after a certain interval as it contains special additives to help the run in process.
Old 14th January 2012, 20:10   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
Hi yeggina,
I recently did a similar trip as mentioned by you. B'lore <--> Goa. It was about 1500 kms with 3 people on board, night driving and most time in the speed ranging 80-110. The instant fuel meter at the end of the trip read a whooping 17.8 kmpl although the actual calculations suggested a FE of about 14.8. I noticed that the FE dipped in the leg of journey where I did not get the tyre pressure checked.

This trip was just after the first servicing of my car. I did not had a conscious run-in (As suggested by Honda experts, these cars don't need a run-in). Although I now feel it was not wise on my part to trust them & may impact my long term engine performance.
JazzX. 14.8 kmpl is pretty good esp for a car which just did its first servicing. But was the ac switched one as you drove at night?

As I mentioned I got 12.8 kmpl but with 4+1 ppl, luggage and with the ac in second notch. Plus now I realize that since I took the state highway, I experienced many speed breakers whenever I passed through a village.

So If I travelled with 3 ppl and less speed breakers, would I have got 14.8 kmpl since both our cars seem to have a similar run in period? Not sure.
Old 15th January 2012, 13:33   #1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Which Honda experts?
The lead mechanics @ Honda service station (I confirmed again when I went there for my first servicing & the answer was the same)

As I acknowledged earlier, it wasn't wise on my part to not do the run-in (despite the advise). There can't be any harm in it for sure. I'd suggest new buyers on this thread to do the run-ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
But was the ac switched one as you drove at night?

So If I travelled with 3 ppl and less speed breakers, would I have got 14.8 kmpl since both our cars seem to have a similar run in period? Not sure.
The AC was on only about 30-40% of the trip (during the day & local drives). And yes, the load and frequent speed shifts would've made a difference too ! Minus those, as our cars are similar - they should return the same FE.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th January 2012 at 18:53. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button if replying within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 15th January 2012, 17:54   #1356
Senior - BHPian

All my cars have usually given quite poor fe in their first 2-3k kms. As far as long term damage is concerned, I would not worry about it too much. Revving the engine when cold can cause far more damage.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:15   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
All my cars have usually given quite poor fe in their first 2-3k kms. As far as long term damage is concerned, I would not worry about it too much. Revving the engine when cold can cause far more damage.
Exactly! The engine would take quite a lot of damage when revved really hard before the engine warms up. Though the initial 2-3k kms is generally the advised time to take it easy, its hard to resist the temptation. Especially so when the car in question is a 'Honda'
Old 19th January 2012, 15:15   #1358
BHPian

I got a call from Honda dealer saying that there is further delay in the Jazz delivery, also i was told that they will return the booking amount, but the priority of the delivery remains the same.

Has any one else got similar news or response?
Old 19th January 2012, 15:19   #1359
Senior - BHPian

The press note by Honda said that they have been able to arrange alternate sources for the parts and that production has started by end-December. They are hopeful of clearing entire backlog by March by running full capacity of 100,000 cars p.a. and in fact starting second plant to cater to Brio. They also said Brio will be priority for them.

I have no news from dealer, not really bothered yet - no money - so waiting...

Last edited by sandeep108 : 19th January 2012 at 15:21.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:57   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
I got a call from Honda dealer saying that there is further delay in the Jazz delivery, also i was told that they will return the booking amount, but the priority of the delivery remains the same.

Has any one else got similar news or response?
Nope, Arya Honda Prabhadevi told me to expect the car early Feb. Booked it at the beginning of November.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:02   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Its not all about power, i know the jazz lacks low end torque, but it is the best overall package, and the next best car IMO is the swift.
Have no doubts about the fact that the Swift K12 is an absolute gem of an engine, and a hoot to drive to top it off. I have taken delivery of the new K12 a few days back, and boy oh boy, am I enjoying the engine or what. And I have not even completed my first servicing and nowhere close to exploring even half the potential of the car. The engine just begs to be revved, and I am finding it massively difficult to keep it in the 2k rev band. Its smooth, silent, powerful and has brilliant handling characteristics.

What you do need are fatter tires (I have upgraded to 195s), and you are good to go. Though the Jazz is no doubt a fantastic product, when I test drove it several times back to back with the Swift, it simply did not compare to the sportiness and awesome fun to drive factor. For a family with requirements of space and interior packaging, and VFM considerations, the Jazz probably wins hands down. But for the throw-it-around-corners kind of hooliganism, it just has to be to be Swift for me!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 20th January 2012 at 12:03.
Old 21st January 2012, 08:12   #1362
BHPian

Have the bookings of the Jazz closed in the other cities, as i went to book the Jazz a week ago and they said Jazz bookings are closed and dont know when it will restart.
Old 21st January 2012, 08:26   #1363
BHPian

Getting a mileage of 14 is great. Our Jazz 9 or 10 kms/Lit. Ofcourse it is used only in city drive,bumper to bumper traffic. It is mainly driven by my wife,and she is not a rash driver. We service it regularly. One thing,i want to know,why does Honda cars need a service every 6 months? And that too,petrol engines. The diesel cars need service only after 5000 or 10k kms ! Each jazz service comes to about Rs 2500/ too. How often do you guys give your car for service.
Old 21st January 2012, 13:22   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Getting a mileage of 14 is great. Our Jazz 9 or 10 kms/Lit. Ofcourse it is used only in city drive,bumper to bumper traffic. It is mainly driven by my wife,and she is not a rash driver. We service it regularly. One thing,i want to know,why does Honda cars need a service every 6 months? And that too,petrol engines. The diesel cars need service only after 5000 or 10k kms ! Each jazz service comes to about Rs 2500/ too. How often do you guys give your car for service.
If the gas pedal is used lightly, the FE shoots up by a lot. Also using the Instant fuel consumption indication will help.

Servincing once every six months is a good idea if the car runs high mileage. Otherwise in my opinion servicing every 10K along with oil change should work.

Try getting an annual service package from the dealership. Your bills should come down drastically.

My car gets serviced every 4-5 months but that is because I chose the dealer service package. My other car sees service center every 8-10 months or 10K whichever is earlier.
Old 21st January 2012, 14:46   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
For most cars (swift and other marutis, i10/20) also insist on service every 6 months. IN fact Honda sometimes wants every 3 months. No option till warranty period is over. After that - upto you. AFAIK, they do not bother you too much about it unless they notice heavy running and no servicing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks