Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 16:55   #1291
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Good decision. Apparently delivery is indefinitely delayed with no commitments at all from Honda or dealer. If car is urgently needed, ask for refund and look for alternative, if not and willing to wait, leave booking deposit as is and pray.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:39   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone added a Daytime running light for the Jazz, yet?
Old 28th November 2011, 23:37   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Anyone ever get a broken side view mirror on their Jazz as yet. I hope someone does, because I would really like to confirm if the mirror by itself without the whole assembly is available or not? And if it is, how much does it cost?
I'm based out of Ahmedabad and apparently the mirror aka "Tikdi" is still not in available the market (at least with a few car shops I inquired at).
It's literally driving me crazy driving without the driver side view mirror. Any help is much appreciated
Old 29th November 2011, 09:52   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Anyone ever get a broken side view mirror on their Jazz as yet. I hope someone does, because I would really like to confirm if the mirror by itself without the whole assembly is available or not? And if it is, how much does it cost?
Thats evil! If it ever happens to my car, you better watch out. I will ask you for a refund.
Have you enquired with Honda *** yet? you can also look up online or try other sources instead of wishing that other people get an issue. Does one need to twist an ankle to know the cure for a sprain?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 10:14   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm based out of Ahmedabad and apparently the mirror aka "Tikdi" is still not in available the market (at least with a few car shops I inquired at).
It's literally driving me crazy driving without the driver side view mirror. Any help is much appreciated
You *hope* someone gets a broken side view mirror?! LOL, were you high when you wrote it? I wouldn't wish such things for enemies, forget strangers. Man there is are two new inventions that are completely rocking the world. First, the internet. Find a number of honda A.S.S. in your city. Second, a mobile. Dial that number. You may find your answer this way.

By the way most of the times the mirror is available ONLY with the casing, deal with it. Or for time being paste a hand mirror (have seen quite such beauties sporting a hand mirror in Mumbai )

Last edited by ani_meher : 29th November 2011 at 10:15.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:36   #1296

Quote:
The mirror indeed is available with out the casing but because of the low volumes, the Honda service centers don't stock it separately. The mirror from my Jazz fell off during my Chennai Pondicherry drive. As the mirror was not available at Pondicherry Honda center, I had to live with out the mirror for 4 days. After returning back to Chennai, had to call up all dealers and finally got it changed at TVS Sundaram Honda. it just costs 300-400 Rs for the mirror alone but you would have to call the dealers and might ask them to order.
JRAJE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 14:14   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thats evil! If it ever happens to my car, you better watch out. I will ask you for a refund.
Have you enquired with Honda *** yet? you can also look up online or try other sources instead of wishing that other people get an issue. Does one need to twist an ankle to know the cure for a sprain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
You *hope* someone gets a broken side view mirror?! LOL, were you high when you wrote it? I wouldn't wish such things for enemies, forget strangers. Man there is are two new inventions that are completely rocking the world. First, the internet. Find a number of honda A.S.S. in your city. Second, a mobile. Dial that number. You may find your answer this way.

By the way most of the times the mirror is available ONLY with the casing, deal with it. Or for time being paste a hand mirror (have seen quite such beauties sporting a hand mirror in Mumbai )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAJE View Post
The mirror indeed is available with out the casing but because of the low volumes, the Honda service centers don't stock it separately. The mirror from my Jazz fell off during my Chennai Pondicherry drive. As the mirror was not available at Pondicherry Honda center, I had to live with out the mirror for 4 days. After returning back to Chennai, had to call up all dealers and finally got it changed at TVS Sundaram Honda. it just costs 300-400 Rs for the mirror alone but you would have to call the dealers and might ask them to order.

...sorry guys...no harm meant, and I sincerely hope, none done as yet :P I was too frustrated with the whole issue of a simple mirror not being available as an after market accessory.

The mirror should be available without the casing as it is with almost every other car in the market.

As far as calling the HONDA A.S.S that is always an option, but i haven't explored that yet because of their premium pricing over these little things.

Pasting a hand-mirror. Now that's pure genius.

Thanks JRAJE for the info. Appreciate it.
Old 1st December 2011, 22:45   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore

with the feelings here. When we pay for a prized possession & endlessly wait for the same - there's no reason to 'not' expect what we selected. However, this is an individual choice & as I mentioned on the thread earlier - We went for a Tafeta White Jazz X which was offered to us a few weeks ago, in lieu of the originally booked UT Select.

I'm glad to announce that we took the delivery of the car on the evening of 22nd Nov. & drove it for a 100 kms on the same day. We had waited long enough for this and just could not hold ourselves from getting behind the wheels. The first few days of the drive are an awesome experience. I'm glad that I did not get bogged down by the petrol hype + luring discounts on other models & stuck to our original choice. Trust me guys, it was every bit worth the wait & no other hatch can match to this !
Hi, which dealer you got the jazz through? I booked for TW Jazz X in august and have been asked 4 or 5 times to go for UT Jazz select!! Sounds like Honda decides which model and color we should drive.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st December 2011 at 23:04. Reason: Please avoid SMS like language and type in full. Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 23:29   #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi, which dealer you got the jazz through? I booked for TW Jazz X in august and have been asked 4 or 5 times to go for UT Jazz select!! Sounds like Honda decides which model and color we should drive.
Oh ! That indeed sounds crazy. Given our booking preferences, the two of us could have exchanged the offered cars to us anyday! I got the Jazz through Dakshin Honda. Where had you booked it? Whitefield Honda was not taking bookings for the Jazz in August so I had to opt for Dakshin. Are they still offering you the UT Jazz Select ? (We still like it )
Old 2nd December 2011, 02:58   #1300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Already knowing how Honda has been hit by current natural disasters, I have decided to wait till December-end. But it seems like I will have to cancel my booking eventually, unless a miracle happens in the next 2 months.
Hey, whats happening with your Jazz booking? Any update from the dealer?
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:21   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey, whats happening with your Jazz booking? Any update from the dealer?
I had to cancel it because they bumped my delivery date to mid-March!

Hopefully availability will be off the shelf next year when they pass over this Thailand crisis. Right now looking at sedans for a Feb 2012 purchase, after which I will be back to hunting the Jazz (again!).
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:23   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Need to get some work done on old Swift. Postponing for some time but now it needs to last till March 2012 Jazz. What to do, wifey simply liked the Jazz too much out of all the hatches. Suggesting Polo/Fabia 1.6, but feeling is she is going to say no to all.

Should I look at Beat? Diesel will be good for the budget, I guess.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:04   #1303
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Need to get some work done on old Swift. Postponing for some time but now it needs to last till March 2012 Jazz. What to do, wifey simply liked the Jazz too much out of all the hatches. Suggesting Polo/Fabia 1.6, but feeling is she is going to say no to all.

Should I look at Beat? Diesel will be good for the budget, I guess.
Same in my case. I was looking for replacing my 7 Year old Santro and had shortliested Jazz, Polo 1.6 or i20.
Post test drive for all these cars, wifey and mom were so much impressed with Jazz, that all other hatches went out of question.
So now would be waiting till Feb / Mar'12 to get the Jazz bookings reopened.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:41   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Yes, agree with you, though I have already booked. I said by March 2012, Jazz prices will increase by at least 25k, but Wifey says we keep our cars for quite some time and swift will easily last for 6 months more once repairs are done, so we have get repairs done and wait/pay, unless in the meantime another new decent hatch is launched.

Liva does not also seem too bad, if Toyota addresses NVH and interior issues.

Honda is still selling Jazz - last month they sold 382 nos. So some production is happening. Hopefully they may recover by end-Dec, run 2 shifts to clear backlog by March 2012 and re-open bookings sometime in Feb 2012.

I liked the Brio too, only space is quite less - equal to new Swift.

I do believe Honda has 2 great winners - Brio and Jazz, which at current price levels are real VFM. Alongwith new Civic/City, 2012 may just be Honda's greatest year in India. And this will be without diesel help.
Old 4th December 2011, 18:11   #1305
BHPian

I am looking at buying a new car for my parents by mid next year and am mainly looking at an automatic, thanks to the increase in traffic.
Does anyone know if Honda plans to launch an Automatic version of the Jazz anytime soon. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks