Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 09:32   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My friend had booked Jazz. His dealer called him to the showroom two days back and returned the booking amount. They say honda hasn't given any timelines for deliveries to resume and have instructed to cancel current bookings for Jazz.

He was a big honda fan, but booked i20 half-heartedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
I called Dakshin Honda showroom today, they tell me that Honda has been sourcing parts elsewhere to accommodate the shortage caused by floods in Thailand, and that they will deliver the car by end of February.
Well unfortunately 02 contradicting pieces of information. We have anyway dropped the Jazz out totally due to this and also mainly because it is not much of a fun to drive car. We are now looking at the VW Polo 1.6 OR the Skoda Fabia 1.6
Old 16th November 2011, 10:13   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well unfortunately 02 contradicting pieces of information. We have anyway dropped the Jazz out totally due to this and also mainly because it is not much of a fun to drive car. We are now looking at the VW Polo 1.6 OR the Skoda Fabia 1.6
I am also looking at these instead of the Jazz. But still head is favouring the Jazz. Some good news today is that floods are receding and Thailand is getting back.

Once alternate sources for Honda gear up in a few weeks, I think by February/March 2012 they should clear the back log.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:50   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
I am also looking at these instead of the Jazz. But still head is favouring the Jazz. Some good news today is that floods are receding and Thailand is getting back.

Once alternate sources for Honda gear up in a few weeks, I think by February/March 2012 they should clear the back log.
Oh by the way, I am also on the 'Which Hatchback' thread and we have been discussing after sales of Skoda and VW which could influence my purchase and wait for the Jazz instead. But I have come across another dilemma where my neighbour has bought the top of the line Honda City and it's not even been 2 years and he is facing corrosion issues. His car has been in the workshop for almost a month now. Makes me wonder about Honda quality now. Has Honda taken the Indian consumer for granted due to the brand hype?
Old 16th November 2011, 14:06   #1279
Senior - BHPian

If corrosion is an issue, then one should look towards VW, they apparently have the best anti-corrosion warranty. But if one takes a bit of a step back, please tell me which car / brand does not have issues? See the horror stories of Polos in that thread or skoda, or i20. Actually i20 seems to be emerging as best all round hatch, looking at increasing numbers on the roads.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:32   #1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Thanks for the wishes folks. Took delivery of the car today.Initial drive is really impressive.Almost 0 noise ,was feeling like driving a battery operated car,Reminded me of driving Prius.Reg Accessories i've put only the sumfilm.Need to browse through Teambhp on what else to add.
Congratulations on the new ride.
Yes, the engine is smooth as silk and the much touted cabin space is truly sedan-like.I have clocked 500km in the past 2 weeks on my Select .
Did you get the sunfilm done at the Capital Honda ?

Did'nt buy the reverse sensor,instead opted for 0% depriciation endorsement.thanks to funkyp & drmohitg for enlightening about that.
The below thread was very useful in opting for 0% depriciation endorsement.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...worked-me.html

I got a quote of Rs. 5300 for 0 Dep Insurance. Is this ok ?
Old 18th November 2011, 00:00   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcray View Post

sounds too much which insurance is it?
Old 18th November 2011, 09:23   #1282

Quote:
sounds too much which insurance is it?
This is from Cap Honda.Where did you get it done ?
Old 18th November 2011, 10:23   #1283
BHPian

Quote:

It on the higher side. I had a quote of 3838 for 0 dep insurance through honda assure. Tata was offering it even lower at about 2.8k.

You should negotiate for a discount.

OT: I have decided to postpone my purchase of the Jazz and will take a 2012 model as and when its manufactured. i have been told that might happen only by feb end. I hope its made one soul behind me in the queue happy to get his jazz quicker!

Last edited by funkyp : 18th November 2011 at 10:27.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 13:45   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
This is from Cap Honda.Where did you get it done ?
The dealer provides insurance, but he too gets it done from insurance company like Bajaj Allianz, National Insurance, etc... I got from Bajaj Allianz,part of honda assure and the cost of 0 dep was Rs 3669.I think you should bargain on that.

Last edited by Wall-e : 18th November 2011 at 13:47.
Wall-e is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 14:18   #1285

Quote:
The dealer provides insurance, but he too gets it done from insurance company like Bajaj Allianz, National Insurance, etc... I got from Bajaj Allianz,part of honda assure and the cost of 0 dep was Rs 3669.I think you should bargain on that.
Thanks. In my case it is Future Generali.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:33   #1286

[quote=funkyp;2581635]It on the higher side. I had a quote of 3838 for 0 dep insurance through honda assure. Tata was offering it even lower at about 2.8k.

You should negotiate for a discount.

Thank you, funkyp. It appears their quote was for the City !
Old 19th November 2011, 13:19   #1287
BHPian

My dealer SA texted me earlier today saying car delivery can be made only in 2012 Jan, but no guarantee on that either.

I am somehow surprised as he has been pushing the cancel your booking agenda! Why would i cancel the booking after having waited for 3 months already!? Infact i have marked a mail to HSCI top management asking for interest on booking amount for 5 months, assuming i get delivery in January.

On the other hand i find it extremely stupid on HSCI's part for not having produced enough vehicles prior to re launching it at revised price! Its a bloody hatch! Its not a Lamborgini, Ferrari, a Rolls or a Maybach that the customer waits for 3 ~ 5 months! The unfortunate floods in Thailand are an issue but wouldnt the people who booked their cars prior to these floods have got deliveries till Novemeber had HSCI had a good production schedule in place?

Even the Swift (only Diesel version) has a waiting period, but atleast they are not asking customers to pay 50k and 1lac as booking amounts! And the demand for the Swift is also considerably high! Hyundai dispatched 7000 Eon's to dealers prior to launch of the vehicle.

This is really dissappointing on HSCI's part and i think they are actually moking the customers with the tagline "Why so serious" and are themselves not at all serious about the product!

- Even Lamborginis, Maybach's and Ferrari's are delivered within 3 months time after customisation for every customer!
Old 19th November 2011, 13:41   #1288
Senior - BHPian

I sort of agree. Honda has really slipped up badly on the Jazz front in all respects, especially when it had so much potential.

First they priced it too high. If they had plonked the City's 1.5L vtec into it, it would have at least sold as a 'hot' hatch. And then price the 1.2 a suitable price point below. Now when they reduced the price when it would not sell, they have not ensured adequate lead stocks. So even loyal customers are becoming frustrated. And once when a customer switches and is reasonably satisfied with the other brand, it is difficult to get him back. See what is happening with VW.

Agreed they have had the nuclear disaster and the floods, but after all prudent risk management is also required for a good brand.
Old 20th November 2011, 20:07   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
My dealer SA texted me earlier today saying car delivery can be made only in 2012 Jan, but no guarantee on that either.

I am somehow surprised as he has been pushing the cancel your booking agenda! Why would i cancel the booking after having waited for 3 months already!? Infact i have marked a mail to HSCI top management asking for interest on booking amount for 5 months, assuming i get delivery in January.

On the other hand i find it extremely stupid on HSCI's part for not having produced enough vehicles prior to re launching it at revised price! Its a bloody hatch! Its not a Lamborgini, Ferrari, a Rolls or a Maybach that the customer waits for 3 ~ 5 months! The unfortunate floods in Thailand are an issue but wouldnt the people who booked their cars prior to these floods have got deliveries till Novemeber had HSCI had a good production schedule in place?

Even the Swift (only Diesel version) has a waiting period, but atleast they are not asking customers to pay 50k and 1lac as booking amounts! And the demand for the Swift is also considerably high! Hyundai dispatched 7000 Eon's to dealers prior to launch of the vehicle.

This is really dissappointing on HSCI's part and i think they are actually moking the customers with the tagline "Why so serious" and are themselves not at all serious about the product!

- Even Lamborginis, Maybach's and Ferrari's are delivered within 3 months time after customisation for every customer!
Absolutely agree with your point. I have the exact same feelings. The dealer just has no clue of when he is going to receive any car. I called up the Honda Zonal office and the person who spoke to me says take any color that is offered to me. After having waited for more than 3 months to get the delivery of the car, would i want to change the color of my choice?? No way. This is absolutely terrible times for people who have booked the car and have the money stuck...
Old 25th November 2011, 15:35   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
After having waited for more than 3 months to get the delivery of the car, would i want to change the color of my choice?? No way.
with the feelings here. When we pay for a prized possession & endlessly wait for the same - there's no reason to 'not' expect what we selected. However, this is an individual choice & as I mentioned on the thread earlier - We went for a Tafeta White Jazz X which was offered to us a few weeks ago, in lieu of the originally booked UT Select.

I'm glad to announce that we took the delivery of the car on the evening of 22nd Nov. & drove it for a 100 kms on the same day. We had waited long enough for this and just could not hold ourselves from getting behind the wheels. The first few days of the drive are an awesome experience. I'm glad that I did not get bogged down by the petrol hype + luring discounts on other models & stuck to our original choice. Trust me guys, it was every bit worth the wait & no other hatch can match to this !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks