Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 17:50   #1141
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Waiting period of 3 months has been told to us by a sales person in Cochin. He said the top end version is easily available... but other 2 needs a waiting period of 3 months.
He said that they got just 4 cars in September for delivery and the production will start in full swing in November.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:54   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV
Waiting period of 3 months has been told to us by a sales person in Cochin. He said the top end version is easily available... but other 2 needs a waiting period of 3 months.
He said that they got just 4 cars in September for delivery and the production will start in full swing in November.
I wish that were the case here in Mumbai. I have been asked to wait 5 months for the Jazz X. Apparently, Honda isnt manufacturing a lot of the X variant since there are fewer takers. Majority seem to go for Jazz Select.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:58   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Just got from AutocarIndia tweet that Honda will be increasing the production of Jazz to 1000 units a month from November. Hopefully that should bring down the waiting periods being quoted currently.
That is good news. Hope they ramp it up further, i dont think even 1000 units is going to be enough to reduce the waiting periods to a saner 1-2 months. Like others, was told by one dealer that they get 15-20 cars per month, and they have already 100+ bookings to fulfill.

I don't understand how/why they produce 3-4K City, and 500-600 Jazz. Is it some strategy or supply-side issues with some components that are particular to Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
This is Magnum Honda in Blr. The booking amnt was 1 lac, so they should be giving me the interest amount. SA says he will get me the delivery soon but does not commit to any particular date.
Not sure if I should wait until 15th or start asking for compensation now.
That is a hefty booking amount . Maruti dealer has told me in the 5-10K range for the Ritz, which is available for immediate delivery.

Funny thing is one of the Magnum Honda sales guyz told me booking amount is 10K, cancellation is 2K. Maybe i heard him wrong, will check again on weekend.

I hope you get your interest, guess you could wait till 15th and ask about it.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:20   #1144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hi Folks,
I had booked a Jazz Select on Aug 21st. I still have not received the car. I was promised delivery by 15th Oct (this is after 2 push outs). Now the SA is saying he cant confirm...:P...seems like honda is facing major issues...
I too booked a Jazz Select UT in August. I was promised delivery by Oct 6th (Dasshera). Now the latest update is Mid-October. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12th October 2011, 04:47   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Just got from AutocarIndia tweet that Honda will be increasing the production of Jazz to 1000 units a month from November. Hopefully that should bring down the waiting periods being quoted currently.

1000 units per month is no good given the current demand.
The demand can easily touch 5000 units per month. Baffling strategy by Honda. They have decreased the price without ramping up the production levels.

Last edited by C300 : 12th October 2011 at 04:47. Reason: Formatting
Old 12th October 2011, 12:53   #1146
BHPian

Sounds different but could be a way of getting the Jazz to maintain its "exclusive" tag.
Maybe the volumes are supposed to come from the City & the Brio.

But then, which manufacturer wants to sell even a car less in these times of falling sales? That too in petrol?! I'm rather baffled.
Old 12th October 2011, 14:20   #1147
BHPian

Perhaps they can shift some of their production capacity from Brio to Jazz.

Redeemer booked his Jazz Select on Aug 21st while I booked my Jazz X on Aug 22nd. He is yet to get the car but I already have mine for a week. I did not influence anyone to get mine early . So it could mean that most of the bookings on Jazz is for "Select" version and hence a longer waiting queue (?)
Old 12th October 2011, 15:58   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Now I get call from dealer - have you taken any decision after test drive sir? I said when waiting period you say is 6 months why bother? Then he says - I promise delivery within 3 months and hints that if I pay 'proper' booking amount, I may get delivery even earlier, if any cancellations in the queue occur.

He admitted that they expect to get 20-25 cars in October itself and 30-35 in November, so booking backlog of 100 cars will be cleared by December/January. So now waiting period has come down.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:59   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Perhaps they can shift some of their production capacity from Brio to Jazz.

Redeemer booked his Jazz Select on Aug 21st while I booked my Jazz X on Aug 22nd. He is yet to get the car but I already have mine for a week. I did not influence anyone to get mine early . So it could mean that most of the bookings on Jazz is for "Select" version and hence a longer waiting queue (?)
I booked Jazz "X" variant on Aug 21st and the car was ready for delivery by Sept. 3rd week. However, I took delivery on Oct. 7th as I was out of station.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:50   #1150
BHPian

i booked a Jazz Select on September 2nd. The sales representative says that he can get the car delivered by November 10th.
Old 13th October 2011, 08:55   #1151

Honda Siel produces 600 Jazz a month and has an order backlog of more than 3,000 cars. "The shortage of a micro-chip which comes from a factory in the quake-hit North Japan has led to a waiting period of more than 4 -5 months," said Jnaneswar Sen, senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Honda Siel. Supply constraints are likely to be resolved by the middle of November," Sen said. The Jazz saw sales picking up after a price correction this year.

From this link in Economic Times today.
Car cos Mahindra & Mahindra, Toyota Kirloskar, Honda and others rework strategy as demand overtakes output for new launches - The Economic Times

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th October 2011 at 10:15. Reason: fixed the formatting
rsadani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 09:20   #1152
BHPian

Had been to Dakshin Hinda to checkout the Jazz today. Forget the test drive, the do not even have a display car !! All the had was the Brio and 3 City's. The SA's are just pushing all potential Jazz customers to go with the Brio. The wait for Jazz is 5-6 months whereas Brio delivery starts end of November. Don't think it's a good strategy by Honda. They will end up losing customers who are keen to get a Jazz.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:58   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
Had been to Dakshin Hinda to checkout the Jazz today. Forget the test drive, the do not even have a display car !! All the had was the Brio and 3 City's. The SA's are just pushing all potential Jazz customers to go with the Brio. The wait for Jazz is 5-6 months whereas Brio delivery starts end of November. Don't think it's a good strategy by Honda. They will end up losing customers who are keen to get a Jazz.
Interesting !! When i had checked into Magnum over the weekend, they too had 3 City's and a Brio up for display.
Very bad strategy from Honda.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:11   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
Honda Siel produces 600 Jazz a month and has an order backlog of more than 3,000 cars. "The shortage of a micro-chip which comes from a factory in the quake-hit North Japan has led to a waiting period of more than 4 -5 months," said Jnaneswar Sen, senior Sales & Marketing, Honda Siel. Supply constraints are likely to be resolved by the middle of November," Sen said. The Jazz saw sales picking up after a price correction this year.
Ah that clarifies the reason for the slow production of Jazz and also ties up neatly with the earlier report of production increase to 1000 cars by november.

backlog of 3000 cars! now thats good news for Honda. thats almost as many cars are honda previously sold in the entire year. Once production starts in full swing i can expect waiting periods of under one month.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:30   #1155
Senior - BHPian

As such I do not mind. I any case wanted the car by end-Jan/Feb 2012 so it is a new year model. Since the waiting period is long, I booked now, otherwise was going to book by December only. Since Honda is currently delivering September 2011 cars for Jazz, I think I will get a 2012 mfd. Jazz by end Jan.

In fact I have told the dealer that I will wait for allotment of 2012 Jazz only. For 2-3 weeks does not make sense taking previous year's car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks