Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 12:43   #1021
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Pics of the UT jazz X posted by someone on the honda fb page. Quiet contrary to my earlier opinion, I don't like the grill so much. Atleast on the UT.
Thanks Funkyp for the Jazz X UT pics. Having seen the UT Select and now the X, I think the black body colour combination of the X would go well with lighter colours as the contrast would be nice.
Even the gun metal alloy wheels do not look good on this shade.

So have you 'finally' finalized on the White Select? Seems to be the best bet and with a nice shade of sunfilm, you are all set!!

Cheers,
Uday
Old 20th September 2011, 12:53   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thanks Funkyp for the Jazz X UT pics. Having seen the UT Select and now the X, I think the black body colour combination of the X would go well with lighter colours as the contrast would be nice.
Even the gun metal alloy wheels do not look good on this shade.

So have you 'finally' finalized on the White Select? Seems to be the best bet and with a nice shade of sunfilm, you are all set!!

Cheers,
Uday
i had..almost! had confirmed everything with the dealer, made first set of paymemt. delivery was to be on 28th sept.

However, the dealer called today saying michelins are not available and the lot had only goodyear. I am definitely not taking goodyears. Have to wait for the next lot now and hope they have michelins/mrf

White select though remains final. The beige does make the interior looks roomy compared to the blue black on x.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:23   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
i had..almost! had confirmed everything with the dealer, made first set of payment. delivery was to be on 28th sept.

However, the dealer called today saying michelins are not available and the lot had only goodyear. I am definitely not taking goodyears. Have to wait for the next lot now and hope they have michelins/mrf

White select though remains final. The beige does make the interior looks roomy compared to the blue black on x.
Oh drat, hope you get your car soon. It is true that the dealers never know what make the tyres would be. White Select would be nice and the chrome will make it look swell.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:48   #1024
BHPian

I don't know why you guys did not like the front grill but I personally am totally happy with it. Alloys go well too IMO, to each its own!
Actually even silver will go great in X. and I bet the alloys will go good also(for the people who do not like same color alloys in the UT X)

Funkyp, Tyres are something that can be changed anytime. Do not wait because of the tyres, from what I have heard they are not producing many Jazz's. if you are getting your hands on one I would suggest grab it.

Last edited by curiosity : 20th September 2011 at 16:54. Reason: Adding Points
Old 20th September 2011, 16:59   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
I don't know why you guys did not like the front grill but I personally am totally happy with it. Alloys go well too IMO, to each its own!
Actually even silver will go great in X. and I bet the alloys will go good also(for the people who do not like same color alloys in the UT X)

Funkyp, Tyres are something that can be changed anytime. Do not wait because of the tyres, from what I have heard they are not producing many Jazz's. if you are getting your hands on one I would suggest grab it.
I did like the front grill, however, i had expected it to look better. And the whole treatment makes the car sort of looks gloomy/wicked Thats just my opinion. Also, UT looks very different in pics and in flesh. maybe it will look cool in flesh.

i know tyres can be changed anytime, but straight out of the showroom, i will loose about 7-8k switching to michelins. And I will take MRFs but for sure dont want to go with goodyear currently being offered. Lets see how much it will push back my delivery time and then i will decide. The first lot was michelins, the next one goodyear, i expect the 3rd to be mrf. They are indeed producing limited number of jazzes which will hopefully normalize depending on demand for brio.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:09   #1026
BHPian

Guys, any news on Black Select available at any dealers. My dealer is asking me to wait for a minimum of 60 days, since, till date, no black rolled out of the plant.
Old 21st September 2011, 21:32   #1027
BHPian

A rallye red jazz X with the grill. The new grill on the x definitely looks better than the one on old x
Attached Images

funkyp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:31   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
A rallye red jazz X with the grill. The new grill on the x definitely looks better than the one on old x
The new grill does look quite good. I think red goes well with this grill.

When at the dealership the sales assistant said that the grill from the X could be installed on the select for 8k. Anyone else hear something similar?
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:36   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Funky. Red X looks fab, did you get a chance to take pics of X variant's interiors? I'm wondering how blue/black interiors will look.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:46   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks Funky. Red X looks fab, did you get a chance to take pics of X variant's interiors? I'm wondering how blue/black interiors will look.
The interiors were covered in plastic, so i didnt take pics. You can have a look at the car at solitaire honda borivali. They have it on display.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:49   #1031
BHPian

Can some one shed some light on the black color Jazz. I am now financially ready, but the damn color is not available.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:12   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
When at the dealership the sales assistant said that the grill from the X could be installed on the select for 8k. Anyone else hear something similar?
hmm..thats interesting, would any day swap the ugly chrome bit on the Rallye Red with this funky looking grill for the Select / base variants. Will check here in Blr and see if that can be done.

Quote:
Thanks Funky that looks really nice.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:40   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Apologise for the quality, the pics were clicked on the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-20110910-14.04.52.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-20110910-15.22.11.jpg  

sraye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:44   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Ah.. Floor mats that's it? Any idea how much are they worth anyways. And don't they anyways come with the car? Or are these those transparent washable ones? I was hoping with the petrol price hike I might get something.. Unlikely.

So there is corporate discount in the offing. Let me check with that on the dealer. They deny any corporate discounts on the jazz :(

Which dealer did you buy your cars from?
dont know how much they are worth. nor did i get a definitive answer if they come along with the car. A colleague booked from the same dealer and they said they wont provide him.

I got the discount from Dakshin Honda
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:39   #1035
BHPian

I had booked a jazz select UT from Capital honda chennai.I was told a corporate discount of 5000. I made the booking on aug 24th and i was told that the delivery will be made in 1.5 months at max it will take 2 months.Anyone else from chennai can throw some light on the current delivery status.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks