Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 11:28   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What number of Jazz Select owners - a 2010 model and above, got a company fitted boot lamp in their cars? This is an open question, as I managed to see 3 Jazz's with boot lamps and 3 without them. And I have been wondering why is the case so?
Jazz Select does not have a boot lamp AFAIK.
Only the Jazz X has.

I tried to get one for myself, but I was told there is no wiring for the same and hence can't be done. It is a small but very handy feature and I would like to have it.

If anyone has more information on this and how to get this fitted in our cars, please do share.
Old 6th May 2011, 15:31   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
If anyone has more information on this and how to get this fitted in our cars, please do share.
Check out this thread

Last edited by snorting bull : 6th May 2011 at 15:32.
snorting bull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 11:42   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jazz Select does not have a boot lamp AFAIK.
Only the Jazz X has.

I tried to get one for myself, but I was told there is no wiring for the same and hence can't be done. It is a small but very handy feature and I would like to have it.

@ Adimicra : The hole/gap is already provided for the boot lamp. Not sure about the wiring. And I am absolutely sure about seeing 3 Select models coming with company fitted (yellow colored bulbs) boot lamps.

The link mentioned by snortingbull has a picture of an after market installation that is possible.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 7th May 2011 at 11:43.
Old 7th May 2011, 13:42   #919
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

I am facing this issue with my jazz and not sure whether this has been discussed in forum or not.
When I drive Jazz with AC on (any speed) the consoles of AC ie rotary knob and other consoles of AC become hot. If AC is off then those consoles are at normal temperature.
Is this normal feature or something to worry about?
I do not face this in my Maruti Dzire so though to discuss with it
Old 7th May 2011, 15:02   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Hi Bhpians

I am facing this issue with my jazz and not sure whether this has been discussed in forum or not.
When I drive Jazz with AC on (any speed) the consoles of AC ie rotary knob and other consoles of AC become hot. If AC is off then those consoles are at normal temperature.
Is this normal feature or something to worry about?
I do not face this in my Maruti Dzire so though to discuss with it
Never experienced this. Plz get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
@ Adimicra : The hole/gap is already provided for the boot lamp. Not sure about the wiring. And I am absolutely sure about seeing 3 Select models coming with company fitted (yellow colored bulbs) boot lamps.
How can you be sure that those are not aftermarket installations or may be fitted at the dealership? I am aware of the provision for boot lamp being already present and I would check once more with the dealership to see if it can be fitted there. Otherwise, I will go for aftermarket stuff.
Can you speak to the dealership and check?
Old 8th May 2011, 23:15   #921
Senior - BHPian

Happens on mine too. The a/c rotors will be warm to touch. But nothing serious. Has happened on my previous cars too.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:53   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Never experienced this. Plz get it checked.?
Checked with the A** of Honda and the service guy said that it is normal. The knobs have LEDs inside them and they get heated up and warms the knob. Nothing to worry about if the knobs are not that serious hot.

Though I feel that they are little hot above comfort level. Will wait and observe till the next service is due.
Old 11th May 2011, 00:07   #923
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is condensation on the music system display common? I see moisture on the the display often these days after switching off the AC.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:40   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, is condensation on the music system display common? I see moisture on the the display often these days after switching off the AC.
I dont think so,this has never happned with me and others have also not reported. I think it will be better if you can check with A**
Old 11th May 2011, 13:51   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
have any of you tried to get armrests installed? I guess its only feasible in the front; if its done in the rear seat it may hamper the 'magic seats'.
I got an armrest installed in the front. Cost around Rs. 1800 from Carnation. You loose one storage unit as the armrest base is screwed in there. However the armrest itself contains a storage area so it evens out, not that the Jazz is lacking storage spaces anyway

Personally, the advantage I assumed I would derive from an armrest has not materialized. One reason is that the armrest tends to cause a change in my wrist angle when changing gears which makes me/my wrist uncomfortable after a while. It can be raised upright, so that's where I leave it nowadays since I drive mostly within the city. On the one or two long distance drives where I have utilized it, it was rather convenient.

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-armrestsmall1.jpg Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-armrestsmall2.jpg
Old 11th May 2011, 14:42   #926
Senior - BHPian

Condensation on stereo system is not common. Do you live in a coastal area?
Old 11th May 2011, 14:47   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by td2cga View Post
Personally, the advantage I assumed I would derive from an armrest has not materialized. One reason is that the armrest tends to cause a change in my wrist angle when changing gears which makes me/my wrist uncomfortable after a while. It can be raised upright, so that's where I leave it nowadays since I drive mostly within the city. On the one or two long distance drives where I have utilized it, it was rather convenient.
Aah, then I will certainly give it re think. IMHO, I did not miss it at all during a 4+ hour drive last week. Perhaps beacuse none of my previous cars had one!
I agree that it will certainly be an impediment in city driving. I should think of something else to spend on
Old 12th May 2011, 14:14   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Checked with the A** of Honda and the service guy said that it is normal. The knobs have LEDs inside them and they get heated up and warms the knob. Nothing to worry about if the knobs are not that serious hot.

Though I feel that they are little hot above comfort level. Will wait and observe till the next service is due.
I also noticed the same but thought that it must be on account of illumination inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I haven't experienced the same. You must check this out with service guys.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:47   #929
BHPian

Even I can feel the warm panels over a longer run but the reason is correct. It's because of the LED's inside the panel. Nothing to worry..
Condensation doesn't look usual though. Get it checked at the service station and do share your learnings!
Old 13th May 2011, 18:43   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by td2cga View Post
I got an armrest installed in the front. Cost around Rs. 1800 from Carnation. You loose one storage unit as the armrest base is screwed in there. However the armrest itself contains a storage area so it evens out, not that the Jazz is lacking storage spaces anyway

Attachment 543175 Attachment 543176
Just what I have been looking for since quite a while now. Care to let us know what Carnation is? and can I order it online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks